Vacation

I'm Miss Manager

Let’s not say the obvious but,

Just show it to me in front of my eye,

Let’s not have an obvious love but,

Show me your heart now girl

 

                They stare into each other eye for a while, Eunhye phone keep ringing.

                “You’re not going to answer your phone?” Chunji ask her.

                “What?”

Chunji smile widen, “Phone?”

Eunhye blush when she realizes they are staring. Eunhye quickly answer the phone. Chunji hold her hand, Eunhye doesn’t object his action so he fondle her finger while looking at her lovingly. Eunhye focus on the phone call and ignoring Chunji.

                “What are you doing?” Eunhye raise her hand, Chunji hand lock with her.

                “Nothing of course, hurry up… we’re going to the hospital later”

Eunhye glare her eye to him, Chunji get out from the room without looking back at Eunhye. After a quick shower she dress up and leave the room immediately, she walk fast to the main house crossing the swimming pool before getting into the main house living room. Eunhye look around, it’s calm and quiet.

She turns to the kitchen because she start growling, she hum happily towards the kitchen. Her foot stop when she sees Chunji eating at the table.

                “Why are you standing there, hurry up and eat” Chunji notice her.

                “Come on Eunhye, make yourself home” he called for her again.

Eunhye is starving by the way, she feel a bit awkward with Chunji. “Can’t you be a little bit polite, I’m older than you” Eunhye stuff the bread into .

                “I don’t think that necessary with us, right my soon to be wife. We should drop the honorific quickly”

Eunhye nearly choke hearing his word, Chunji quickly pass her a glass of water. He helps to pat her back lightly. “Are you okay?” he asks worriedly. She stares angrily at him, “Yah! I’m not even choking”

                “Relax, why are you getting so tense?” another kimbab jump right into his mouth.

Eunhye feel so suffocated with the jumble feeling inside, she gulp down another glass of water and now she feel full. Eunhye stare sadly at the food on the table.

                “Should we go now?” Chunji stand to leave the table.

                “Okay” she answers half-heartedly. She stands following Chunji footstep.

                “I’ll drive!” he says cheerfully. Eunhye just nod lightly. She seems down.

Chunji is pretty excited about driving and it’s been a while since he got his driving license, but he got to drive in WGM show only.

Chunji check on Eunhye sitting on the passenger seat next to him, she looks solemn and even though they rarely have a conversation but she normally always look cheerful.

                “Hey, we’ll stop by to eat after your check okay?” Chunji grab her hand and give it a light squeeze.

Eunhye is shock by his action then she quickly turn to frown at him, then he let her hand go but Chunji laugh heartily.

                “Uptight Noona, relax a bit. You’ve been glaring too much since you wake up”

Did she wake up from the wrong side of bed? She is confuse herself, she rarely lose temper.

                “Can’t you make up your mind, call me Eunhye or Noona, and don’t call me both. It’s annoying”

Chunji take a turn to the hospital, “Well, I’ll call whatever I like” Chunji beam a shining smile.

                “Now-now, let put that aside and have you check. I don’t want to be worry for you all the time”

Another check up at the hospital, it’s been awhile whisper Eunhye.

                “Did you really loss your memory for awhile?” the doctor ask again, Eunhye nod her head.

                “I did, I forget several people and the incident happen, but the memory come back after that, buts it’s really take a long time”

                “Do you still consume you medicine”

                “No, I don’t remember anything about medicine and the memory after my accident, but not everything because I still remember thing related to my work. But I can’t remember information well, so I’ll always carry my planner everywhere”

The doctor run over her file, she nod and shake at times. Eunhye focus waiting for her comment then they continue for another checkups.

Chunji enjoy his juice as he tuned at the show on television, once in a while he check the time and look at the door, waiting for Eunhye to finish her test. Chunji yawns, looking around sleepily then he look again at the door.

Eunhye check up might take some time, he thinks to himself. He lay on the sofa, finding a good laying spot, he keeps his eye at the door and slowly he fall asleep peacefully.

Two or three hours after that, Eunhye open the door to where Chunji waits, she stop at the door after looking at Chunji sleeping face, wondering if he just pretending to sleep. She gathers her courage and walk tiptoe towards Chunji, and evil grind form. She wonder what face Chunji make if she scared him right now, she hide her chuckle inside.

Eunhye squat down, looking straight at his face, she seem to understand what Chunji might have feel when he stare her in her sleep, Chunji look serene. She feels comfortable to look at him. She starts to smile unknowingly and now she understands why Chunji is smiling widely at her, the smile just forms itself. She giggles from the thought.

Chunji suddenly open his eye slowly, and there he found Eunhye smiling shyly to him, he smile back lovingly, “Hey lady” his voice sound deep, it struck Eunhye and she blush prettily. Eunhye quickly stand and hide her face from Chunji.

                “Sorry I fall asleep, has you finish the check up?” he stand on his feet.

                “Yes, can we go now?” Eunhye make her move but stop when Chunji take her hand in his. “What the doctor say?” he ask with concern.

                “I seem okay, but there are still things to be check, so… I need to go back to my hometown”

Chunji stand closer to her, “Okay, we’ll go tomorrow, as for now let’s go out from here”

Eunhye blink looking at him walking past her as he walks out from the waiting room.

                After a stop at the restaurant they headed to the market to buy some ingredient for tonight dinner, Eunhye going to cook for the family, it’s the least she can do for their hospitality.

Both of them carry the bags inside, Chunji grandparents are already at home.

                “Harabeoji, Eunhye going to cook for dinner tonight” Chunji told his grandfather.

                “Really, that’s great then, you told me her food is delicious” both of the man smile with hidden attention.

Eunhye carry the bags to the kitchen, “Halmeoni” she greet her cheerfully.

                “Eunhya-ah, you look so skinny now. You must be tired” she hold Eunhye arm.

                “I’ve enough rest Halmeoni and I’m going to prepare dinner for tonight, can I?” Eunhye ask for her permission.

                “Of course… but let me help you too. Okay?”

The two woman started to prepare for the dinner, “Eunhye-ah, take some drink for them, it will be awhile before we can have dinner” Lee Halmeoni take out some persimmon punch from the fridge.

Eunhye walk out to the living room, both of them are focusing on something on the floor.

                “Have some drink” she put the drink on the table.

                “Thank Eunhye-ah” Harabeoji responded.

                “Do you want to join us finishing this?” Chunji show her a puzzle piece.

They look at each other for a moment, “No, it’s so childish” she walks away with a cheeky smile.

                “Yah! Eunhye-shi,” Chunji sounded hurt. She turns, “Merong,” Eunhye stuck out her tongue.

                “Don’t shout to her, she’s just playing around” Lee Harabeoji calm him down.

Chunji pouts but then he turns to face the puzzle pieces.

After an hour or so, Eunhye and Chunji are helping to serve the food.

                “You made this soup?” Chunji ask her. She nods as she put some of the vegetable in the plate. Chunji take a sip from the spoon.

                “Delicious”

Eunhye is satisfies with the compliment, she had never heard Chunji talk about her food, because he would eat silently or while glaring at her.

                “Should I add more salt?” he asks as he takes a spoonful of salt.

Eunhye eye widen, she turn to face him, “What do you think you’re doing?” she ask him.

                “I should right”

Eunhye walk towards him, “Don’t you dare move a muscle, don’t” she reminded him.

Chunji ignore her word while giggling happily he is going to throw the salt into the soup. Eunhye dash and hug him from the back, the salt fall on the floor.

                “Well well, excuse me, I’m just an older woman going through the kitchen” Lee Halmeoni came in at the right moment.

She quickly came to take the soup and walk to the table then they can hear them laugh from there. Eunhye quickly let go of her hold.

                “What do you think you’re doing? I’m doing this to help you” Chunji word finally came out.

                “What do you mean?”

                “Why are you trying to impress them with your cooking skill, do you really want to marry me?” Chunji talk fast as he clean up the salt on the floor.

Eunhye froze at her spot. Chunji stand and clean himself, he stare at her, “So do you really?” he asks again.

                “That’s… not… what… I meant” she shutter a bit, and she continue confidently, “But I’m not going to let you ruin dinner. Not ever. We will find other way” she stomps away from the kitchen.

                “There come our lovey-dovey couple, we might not have to wait for 5 years before they get married right?” Lee Harabeoji teases both them. Eunhye just smile shyly. Both of them are throwing glare to each other when no one noticing.

Both of them are back in the kitchen, cleaning up the dishes. “What are you doing making they love you even more?” he ask.

                “It doesn’t matter if I’m a good cook or not, you’re family is rich so they can hire a cook for us right? So it doesn’t really matter”

                “Yes, you’re maybe right… but you’re giving them a perfect daughter in law sample and that is being too much Noona”

                “I’m really smiling to you” she faces him with a mad look.

                “Noona, don’t you think you have split personality, you act nice being Teen Top manager and in front of my family, but” he look at Eunhye from top to bottom, “Which is the real you?”

She wanted to laugh, but she quickly finish cleaning, she face him, “You know I can ask the same question to you?”

Eunhye leave him.

Come to think of it, he does act differently, who’s to blame for their behaviour change. They might end up marrying each other at the end. Chunji shake his thought about marrying Eunhye and dash to the living room joining his family.

They talk for awhile before one by one started leaving to bed. Once again they are left together. “W e should rest, tomorrow is a long journey” Eunhye stand from her seat, moving toward the pool outside and she continue to walk to the guest house opposite the pool.

After a quick wash she change into her sleep wear and she take a sit at the swing outside the guest room, facing the pool. It was quite again, people in the main house is sleeping, Eunhye enjoy the calm. She doesn’t notice Chunji was looking at her.

She giggle from reading the message in her phone, she is chatting with someone. Because she was too busy on her phone, Eunhye hasn’t notice Chunji is standing near her and then he take her phone away from her. She nearly screams from the shock, but she quickly covers .

                “MUSTANG82, Noona, I miss you, miss you, miss you. Smiley” he look at her, “you , miss you too, miss you, miss you. smiley” as he scroll the conversation, Eunhye quick hand take the phone away from him.

                “What do you think you’re doing?”

                “That erted leader is losing his mind”

                “Yah, what are you talking about your Hyung?”

                “Why are you backing him up?”

Both with straight faces glaring at each other, “Well, I pick him any time compare to you” Eunhye stand from the swing, she wanted to go to her room.

                “Where are you going, we’re not finish here” Chunji grab her arms and he might has grab it too hard, but Eunhye endured and she take his hand from hers.

                “I’m going to sleep, there is nothing to finish here” she walks inside the guess house.

Eunhye stand froze in the house, she thinks about Chunji action all day long, but she cannot point what is wrong with his act. Eunhye get angry for no reason. Then she heard laughter and water splash outside. Eunhye peek behind the curtain, Chunji is on the phone, talking and laughing with the person on the line, he seat by the pool, letting his leg in the pool and once in a while he splash the water.

He must be talking to Jiyeon, are they going out for real. It’s not impossible right. Eunhye question herself.

Eunhye close the curtain, She knows that Chunji just showing off to her. Eunhye walk to her bed. It will be better that she sleep.

Honestly, Eunhye doesn’t even know what type of game they are playing. Catch Me If You Can? Or Hide and Seek? Or-or You Lose If You Fall In Love game. Eunhye mess her hair, wishing that she stop thinking about Chunji.

Does the feeling grow itself without being told too?