You're the Key

Angel, My Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wind entered the white painted walls of the hospital and gave the young girl in bed a light breeze. She crinkled her nose and her eyes slowly opened. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. She glanced around and raised a brow.

Where am I?

The door opened, revealing god himself, her eyes widened and her expression fell. God chuckled. “You don’t like seeing me?” He kidded.

“It’s not that, I was expecting..” L.Joe.. “No one. But, where am I?” She asked. God gave her a fatherly smile and sat beside her bed.

“You’re in a hospital, a hospital on Earth. Rockhyun should be coming soon, but you’re supposed to be in a coma, however, since you’re an angel, you heal quickly.” He stated. She nodded.

“I’m sorry for disappointing you, but I’m really close. L.Joe has someone!” She lied. God frowned.

“I’m sorry but, we have to take you back for a while. Rockhyun is coming back with your things.” He said. Her eyes widened and she grasp his arm.

“No! I can’t I have a mission!” She pleaded. God softened and lightly brushed her hand off.

“A mission which you failed, you were supposed to have L.Joe fall in love with a mortal girl. Not with you,” He said. Sumin’s eyes widened, and her face fell.

“You know about that…” She bit her lip.

“Listen, you didn’t ‘fail’ your mission, we put it on a temporary pause. I know that you contacted your mother.” He said. Her eyes widened.

“But she contacted me! I didn’t know-“

“Enough, I know that you are in touch with her. And I realized that your powered are too weak to even recognize a demon because I’ve noticed you befriending him as well.” Her eyes widened. He raised his hand and touched the necklace around her neck; it had turned purple without her realizing.

“Your powers are weakening, you haven’t even noticed. You’re turning human, which was impossible.” God chuckled.

“H-Human? M-Me?” She stuttered.

“Once you turn human, you lose all your powers and be forced to stay on earth, never to be contacted by me or anyone in our world,” He stated. “That includes Minwoo, Jungmi, and your father.”

Her eyes twinkled. “My father? He’s an angel?”

He nodded and smiled. “He’s been watching over you since you were born. Don’t lose him, and make the right choice. Follow your heart.” He said.

She bit her lip. “Give me one more chance, one more chance to prove myself to you, everyone and father. One more chance to complete my mission with no excuses.” She demanded.

“But Sumin-“

“No, I was told by a powerful man to follow my heart, and my heart doesn’t give up on people. I will complete my mission. And as soon as I do, I’ll follow your wishes. I will make L.Joe fall in love with another girl. I will.” She reassured.

The thing is.. That’s impossible Sumin, and you’ll end up dying.

“I-I can’t-“

“You will allow it because I’m not going back until I finish,” She stated firmly. God smiled bitterly and gave her a light pat on the head with teary eyes.

Oh Sumin, please don’t make the same mistakes I did. I want you to be happy, but don’t lose yourself in this world.

He bit back his tongue, but nodded. He gave her a heartfelt smile and began to fade away. She smiled. Thank you for believing in me. She lay back down onto the hospital bed and drifted back to sleep.

 

God look out the window of his office and let out a soft sigh. “She’s just like you, ya know.” Someone said. He turned around and spotted Cupid. He chuckled and nodded.

“And I hate that about her. She’s so stubborn.” He massaged his temple.

“She’s destined for greatness, just like her father. Don’t expect her to be perfect, everyone makes mistakes. If she really loves Byunghun, let her.” Cupid stated. “It’s only right, Sungmin.”

“Don’t you dare use that name, I haven’t been called that in years, and the last person to use it was her.” He smiled bitterly.

“There’s a way for you to be with her..” Cupid said and lifted up his bow and arrow.

“You have no idea how many times I’ve thought of that, but it would create war between heaven and hell, with the human world stuck in between. I don’t want world war 3.. World War 2 was enough.” He clarified.

Cupid chuckled. Believe in your daughter, she’s the key to reuniti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter