09 - The first task

Leading A Double Life [ On-Hold ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

The weekends flew by and Monday came. Yoojung woke up to a new day and prepared for school, this time sporting a side ponytail on her wig. Her contacts were on, and so were her glasses. 

She was already dressed in her pink oversized dress with a belt and jeans. Breakfast was already in her stomach after she changed and her beige bow flats harmonised the entire outfit.

Yoojung got into the car after grabbing her bag and she was already being driven to school.

“ Jungie! ” Seol-hyun hopped towards Yoojung in her usual style of punk Lolita and slung her arm around Yoojung’s tall frame.

“ How was your weekend? ” Seol-hyun asked.

“ You mean yesterday? ” Yoojung raised one eyebrow. Seol-hyun nodded.

“ I managed to take a break from the drama on Saturday. ” Yoojung replied to Seol-hyun’s question before returning the same thing.

“ It. Was. Blissful. ” Seol-hyun giggled to herself.

“ What’s wrong with you? Are you high on drugs or something? ” Yoojung stopped and looked at Seol-hyun weirdly.

“ I’m fine. Oh yeah! Did you help me get Hayato’s number and autograph? ” Seol-hyun’s eyes glistened as she faced Yoojung while walking to their class backwards.

“ I promised I would get it. ” Yoojung took out a gift from her bag and gave it to Seol-hyun.

She took the card and inside was a short note directed to Seol-hyun, an autograph, and a series of numbers below it. 

Slowly, she opened the present and it was revealed that Hayato got her a notebook decorated with a black cover secured with a pink elastic band. The edges of the pages were also tinted pink to match the elastic.

He also gave her a sketch pad which he personally decorated, with the help of Temari.

“ Did he… really get this? For me? ” Seol-hyun asked in disbelief. Yoojung nodded in confirmation.

“ Turn to the first page of your notebook. ” Yoojung urged and Seol-hyun opened the notebook to find that Hayato had written a greeting letter on the first page.

“ Now you know. ” Yoojung nodded and entered the classroom with Seol-hyun following.

“ I am seriously the luckiest girl! ” Seol-hyun squealed.

“ Seol-hyun. ” Yoojung placed her bag on the bench and turned to look at Seol-hyun.

“ Please keep that note to yourself. ” Yoojung said and Seol-hyun nodded.

 “ I will. Don’t worry. ” Seol-hyun waved Yoojung away and placed her books on the desk and her bag on the bench.

As more students came into the lecture room, the class became noisier. But it became worse when the business seniors came in and took their seats next to their partners.

As usual, Yoojung was staring off into space with a straight face while glancing at her bracelet once in a while.

“ Hello? Earth to Yoojung. ” Baekhyun waved his hand in front of Yoojung’s face and she sat up straight.

“ Thank you, Baekhyun. For waking up our lost beauty. ” Ms Hwang said.

“ Sorry, Ms Hwang. ” Yoojung stood up and bowed.

“ It’s fine. Sit down. ” Ms Hwang said and Yoojung did as told and looked in front to see Ms Hwang writing something on the white board.

Once she was done writing, she moved aside and the class saw what she wrote.

“ This task will last for two month. You are to advertise and decorate for a new shop, whether it’s a café, a restaurant, boutique, I don’t care. But by the end of the two months, there must be a profit of $25,000. ” Ms Hwang said and the class broke into whispers at the high profit.

“ Ms Hwang. ” Yoojung raised up her hands.

“ Class silence! ” Ms Hwang slammed a ruler on the table and everyone kept quiet.

“ Yes, Yoojung. ” Ms Hwang nodded.

“ Are we allowed to travel out of Korea? ” Yoojung asked.

“ Good question. Yes, you are allowed to travel out of the country. But be back by the two month deadline. ” Ms Hwang said.

Another student raised his hand.

“ If we’re leaving the country, does the profit have to be in Korean currency, or that country’s currency? ” He asked.

“ Good that you asked. That country’s currency please. As proof of your task, record it in a notebook. ” Ms Hwang said.

“ For the next few periods until break, I want you and your partner to quietly discuss about your task. ” Ms Hwang said. The class went back to their chattering nature while the teacher just sat at her seat, marking students’ work.

“ Jungie~ ” Baekhyun called and Yoojung looked at him.

“ Since you asked Ms Hwang about the traveling, I’m guessing you’re thinking of going out of the country? ” Baekhyun asked and Yoojung nodded.

“ I was thinking of going to London. A friend of mine is opening a new café ther

Please log in to read the full chapter