10 - Café Auréole

Leading A Double Life [ On-Hold ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day, Yoojung and Baekhyun went to the cafe. The taxi that took them there stopped in front of a bus stop near the cafe. After alighting, the both of them walked towards the direction of the cafe and stopped in front of an empty and unopened store. 

" This is the place. They just got it, so we have a lot to work on. " Yoojung smiled. Baekhyun just sighed at the work he imagined. 

" Don't worry. It'll be fine. " Yoojung said and opened the door and pulled him in. 

“ I’m sorry! We’re not open yet! ” A girl in her early-20s came out from another room and greeted Yoojung.

“ Are you sure you don’t want to see me? Huh, Akane Asahara? After two years since your graduation. ” Yoojung jokingly said.

“ Jungie! ” Akane’s eyes widened and ran over to hug her friend.

“ I missed you! You didn’t come visit. ” Akane complained.

“ You didn’t visit either! You graduated university earlier than me. ” Yoojung countered.

“ Jungie? ” Baekhyun called out, feeling awkward. Yoojung turned and saw the boy showing an embarrassed face.

“ Right! Baekhyun, this is Akane Asahara. Akane, this is Byun Baekhyun. ” Yoojung introduced and Baekhyun held out his hand to shake hers.

“ Nice to meet Yoojung’s senior. ” Baekhyun said and bowed.

“ It’s nice to meet Yoojung’s partner too. ” Akane bowed back.

“ Oppa, Akane might be your noona, since she was born in January. ” Yoojung said.

“ I’m born in May, so Akane is my noona. ” Baekhyun confirmed. But he stopped and thought of something.

“ Noona, you graduated university already? ” Baekhyun asked.

Akane nodded. “ I skipped my second year of high school because of my grades. ”

“ I see. ” Baekhyun nodded.

“ Nee-san, what do you have in mind for the design of the café? ” Yoojung asked.

“ Something similar to my cousin’s café. But Japanese. ” Akane said and Yoojung nodded, taking out her tablet and taking notes.

“ I’ll go around to take pictures, so I can work on how to remodel and redecorate this place. ” Yoojung said and went of to the different corners to take pictures.

Afterwards, Yoojung went back to the both of them, and kept her tablet in her bag.

“ But, nee-san, is Hanabusa working here too? ” Yoojung asked.

“ He should be here soon. ” Akane checked her watch. True to her words, a boy with shoulder length brown hair strode in as if it was a runway.

“ Sorry I’m late, Asahara-nee! ” The boy said and his eyes focused on Yoojung and Baekhyun.

“ Customers? ” The boy asked.

“ Look closer, Katsumi. ” Akane said and Katsumi squinted. His eyes suddenly rounded and he pulled back, before grabbing Yoojung and pulling her into a deep embrace.

“ Jungie! Jungie!! ” Katsumi laughed.

“ Oy! Hanabusa!! Ease up on the strength!! ” Yoojung scolded and Katsumi reluctantly pulled back.

“ Yoojung? ” Baekhyun cleared his throat once again. Katsumi looked away from Yoojung and at Baekhyun before smiling.

“ Are you my Jungie’s boyfriend? Cause if you are, then you’ll have a lot of rivals for her heart. ” Katsumi smirked and Baekhyun turned red.

“ Katsumi Hanabusa!! ” Yoojung whacked him on the arm.

“ Silence means consent then. ” Katsumi crossed his arms and stood up straight.

“ Katsumi Hanabusa. I am single and Baekhyun is not my boyfriend! Stop assuming things. ” Yoojung said through gritted teeth.

“ I’m sorry, Baekhyun. This is Katsumi Hanabusa, he’s a year younger than you. He and Akane are childhood friends. I met them in middle school and we went through high school together. ” Yoojung told Baekhyun.

“ I see. I’m Byun Baekhyun. ” Baekhyun shook hands with Katsumi.

“ Take care of me, onii-san. ” Katsumi smiled with a tilt of his head.

“ Is the entire crew here? ” Yoojung asked but Akane shook her head.

“ We’re still missing one more person. And that is the chef herself. ” Akane said.

“ You and her in the kitchen? ” Yoojung asked and Akane nodded. Then Yoojung turned to look at Katsumi.

“ Then what are you doing here? ” She asked.

“ To attract female customers. And maybe cook a few treats. ” Katsumi said and flipped his hair to the side.

“ Vain guy. ” Yoojung shook her head. Suddenly, the door to the café burst open and a lady with blonde hair came in, panting.

“ Sorry, I’m late! ” She apologized while still panting.

“ It’s f

Please log in to read the full chapter