20 - Knowing the differences

Leading A Double Life [ On-Hold ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

A few hours after the members left the hospital to help out with the shop, Yoojung woke up from her slumber.

“ Oppa...” She croaked. Baekhyun looked up t see the sleeping beauty awake from her sleep. “ Here, ” he answered.

“ Where am I? ” Yoojung asked, looking around the unfamiliar white room with blinding lights. 

“ You're in the hospital. ” Baekhyun said. Yoojung looked at him with a confused look. 

“ Why am I here? ” She asked. “ You fainted at the shop from exhaustion. ” Baekhyun informed. Yoojung tried to recall the incident, then she remembered. She was trying to get to her medicine when the dizziness overtook her, knocking her out cold. 

“ Oh. I had an attack, didn’t I? ” Yoojung guessed. Baekhyun nodded.

“ How long was I out for? ” Yoojung asked. Baekhyun checked his watch. “ At least 7 hours. It’s almost dinner time. ”

Yoojung’s eyes widened. “ I was out for that long? ” Baekhyun nodded. Sighing, she shook her head.

“ What about the shop? Who is currently attending to it? ” She asked.

“ The members. Hayato said they were under your orders to help. ” Baekhyun said. Yoojung’s eyebrows furrowed. * He said that? That fool. He’s giving out an obvious clue that I’m more superior than them. *

“ I see. ” Yoojung nodded.

“ This is quite out of the blue, but do you have a tattoo? ” Baekhyun awkwardly asked. Yoojung tensed up at the mention of a tattoo.

* Did Rima tell him that all members had a tattoo on them to represent the group? And our story? *

However, she didn’t waver and firmly shook her head. “ I don’t have one. Tattoo free! Why? ”

Baekhyun lightly narrowed his eyes at her lie. He had caught her tensing up a moment ago. * I can’t tell if she’s lying or not. *

“ Are you sure? How can I be sure that you’re not Harumi in disguise? ” He blantantly accused. Yoojung’s expression suddenly changed to pure anger and annoyance.

“ Excuse me! I know who I am better than you! And I can firmly tell you that I am not Ichimura Harumi. ” She huffed.

“ I can even prove it to you, that I do not have a tattoo. ” Yoojung decided. She proceeded to lift up her shirt, but Baekhyun stopped her. 

“ Don't. I’m sorry. I accused you of something you’re not. ” Baekhyun apologized with his head hung low. 

Seeing his guilty expression, Yoojung’s gaze softened and her anger died down.

“ It’s fine. But why did you confirm your suspicions with me first? ” Yoojung asked. Baekhyun lifted his head and looked at her.

“ I don’t know. I guess I just don’t have the guts to. The both of you are so similar in things that I do not know how to explain. ” Baekhyun said.

Yoojung raised her eyebrows, “ Things that you do not know how to explain? ” She repeated.

He nodded. “ Every time you leave for something, Harumi replaces you. When you seem tired, she wears the same expression on her face. The timing between the two of you coming and going is quite noticeable. ”

Yoojung’s eyebrows furrowed. “ How so? ”

Baekhyun scratched his head. “ How do I say it? You never seem to run into each other. ”

“ So that’s it. Well, to be honest, the both of us plan the timing to come and go, just to make sure our schedules don’t clash. ” Yoojung explained.

“ There are a lot of differences between us, you know. ” Yoojung told Baekhyun.

“ Like what? ” He cocked his head to the side.

“ For starters, Harumi-san has two eye colors. Brown and Hazel. But I only have brown eyes. ” Yoojung pointed to her single colored irises. * The works of colored contacts. *

“ She has a birth mark on her collarbone resembling a heart shape, but I don’t. ” Yoojung lightly pulled down her hospital gown to find no birth mark on her. * The power of concealer and foundation. *

“ Anything else? ” Baekhyun asked. Yoojung shook her head.

“ If you want, Harumi has a shoot tomorrow. You can leave the shop to the other members while I take you to her shoot. Seeing that I have no plans tomorrow, hopefully. ” Yoojung suggested.

“ That would be fine. ” Baekhyun replied.

- - -

Baekhyun stared at the pink-haired girl in front of him.

Wasn’t

Please log in to read the full chapter