18 - Anaemia

Leading A Double Life [ On-Hold ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

For the next few days, Yoojung would wake up extra early to prepare herself and when the shop opens, she would immediately start work with hardly any breaks in between. Once in a while, she would be Harumi and model, but most of the time, her design would be out on the mannequin instead. 

Adding on to the shop was her modeling career. Her company had another manager for her and sometimes, she would have to leave the shop suddenly just for a shoot, and return a few hours later.

Every night, she would always count the number of films taken, and it did not even reach a hundred and fifty.

For days, her eyes would seem dull, lifeless and tired. Her actions seemed weaker and effortless, and she would keep yawning. These simple things that Baekhyun managed to notice.

He noticed how tired she would be everyday, he noticed that she was starting to put more make up on her face to cover up the dark circles.

He even noticed that whenever Yoojung left for ‘business’, Harumi would be coming back later, looking just as dead as Yoojung.

Naturally, he suspected something, and he also noticed that both Harumi and Yoojung looked exactly the same when they are tired.

So why didn’t he ask either one of them about the similarity?

Simple. He was shy. To put it even more bluntly, a coward. A big coward who can’t seem to put his thoughts into actions and words at the right time.

Another reason? Even simpler.

Baekhyun was starting to have a crush on the both of them. He realized his heart began racing whenever Yoojung or Harumi was around, every single thing that they do, always make Baekhyun lose his mind.

So why didn’t he tell her?

Back to the main point of being shy!

Because of his acute observations, he could clearly tell that Yoojung was very, very weak. It was a surprise that she had not fainted out of exhaustion, yet.

As always, the weekends breezed by and Monday rolled in. For some strange reason, Monday was always filled with teenagers, and when Tuesday comes, it like a tornado swept past the shop. Empty and quiet.

But as always, Yoojung, Baekhyun and the I.S girls worked hard to get a thousand pieces sold.

“ Thank you very much! Can I have a picture of you and the shirt? It’s for my school project. ” Yoojung requested.

“ Sure! Why not. ” The girl held up her shirt in front of her and Yoojung took the picture.

“ Thank you so much! I hope you come back again! ” Yoojung smiled and bowed. When the girl left, her smile went along with it.

With a huge yawn, Yoojung placed the picture on the table and yawned again.

* I’ve been yawning too much these past few days. I’m lacking way too much sleep. * Yoojung lightly rubbed her eyes.

“ Jungie. ” Baekhyun’s voice cooed. Yoojung turned behind to see Baekhyun looking worriedly at her.

“ Yes, oppa? ” She yawned again.

“ Go take a short break. At this rate, you’re going to overexert yourself. ” Baekhyun said.

“ You sure you can handle the shop alone? I can still work. ” Yoojung insisted but Baekhyun pushed her away from the cashier.

“ I’m your partner. But it seems like an individual task instead. So, take a rest, and let me handle the rest. ” Baekhyun firmly said before Yoojung started walking to the small staff room at the back room of the cashier.

An unexpected wave of dizziness hit her and she started cursing.

* . It’s worse this time. Where’s my bag? * Yoojung looked around the room for her bag but can’t find it due to the black spots that mostly clouded her vision.

* Damn. * Yoojung tried to look for something to support herself, but she had out and fell onto the floor with a loud thud that distracted Baekhyun easily.

Rushing to the back room, Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he found Yoojung out cold on the floor.

Rushing to her side, he knelt down and gently cradled her head.

“ Jungie. Jungie, wake up. ” Baekhyun shook her, but she stayed unconscious.

Touching her forehead with the back of his palm, he quickly retracted when he felt her very warm temperature.

“ RIMA! TEMARI! ” Baekhyun called for the girls and they burst through the door.

“ We heard! ” Rima said. That’s when she noticed her unconscious leader on the floor.

“ Not another attack. Temari, get your brother and Shin on the phone. Ask Shin to take his car along. We’re making a quick stop at the hospital. ” Rima told Temari and the younger girl nodded, immediately taking out her phone and calling the boys.

In no time at all, Shin and Hayato came through the door with w

Please log in to read the full chapter