19 - Pride & Ego

Leading A Double Life [ On-Hold ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

“ As I said, Harumi created Infinitely Seven when she was in high school. With the exception of both the twins. Harumi recruited them when they were in middle school. Harumi was also the last of us to be a model at sixteen. ” Rima said.

- - -

“ Rima! Rima! ” Yoojung shouted at her classmate who was a few feet in front of her. The red-headed girl stopped walking and turned behind to see her school mate walking towards her. 

“ How was your weekend? ” Yoojung asked Rima. 

“ The same as yours. ty from work. ” Rima grumbled. 

“ Is being a model that tired? ” Yoojung asked, seriously worried. 

“ Why don't you try being one? ” Rima snapped. Yoojung didn't even flinch. She was used to Rima's 'snappy' nature. 

“ I'll see first. ” Yoojung smiled. 

After school, the both of them left the academy together and went out for lunch. Linking arms while walking through the mall, a lady clad in white and black walked up to them. 

“ Hello! I'm a scout from a modeling agency. Would you be interested in joining us and start your modeling career? ” She smiled and asked Yoojung. 

“ Um... ” Yoojung looked at Rima for answers. 

“ Try it out. Didn't you always want to find out how a model's life is like? ” Rima encouraged. 

“ Rima's correct. Why don't you try it out? I'm very trustable, since I'm from the same company Rima works at.” She held out her card. 

“ Er... sure. I'd like to try out.” Yoojung accepted the name card. 

“ Good. Audition is tomorrow after school. Rima can take you to the agency.” The woman smiled and walked away. 

“ Chin up, Haru. Things will get better soon. I'll tell you whatever I remember about my auditions to help you prepare alright? ” Rima said. Yoojung nodded. 

The next day, Yoojung went for the auditions. And a few weeks later when they sent out letters to the successful candidates, Yoojung was one of them. 

It was now September. Four months have passed since Yoojung got the spot of being a model. In the three months of summer vacation, she will always be going from place to place for photo shoots. Normal people would be tired, but she would always be happy-go-lucky and active. 

Today was just another day. Half the day went by, and now it was lunch break. 

“ Haru-cchi! ” Shin waved his hand. Yoojung turned to their table and smiled.

“ Hey, guys. How was lessons and which teacher did you get? ” Yoojung asked, placing her bag on the table and sitting down on the bench. 

“ Ms Asafura. ” Seiichi and Shinji groaned.

“ Mr Hitomira. ” Temari and Hayato glumly said.

“ I wanted Ms Asafura. ” Temari complained. “ Sorry, sis. We get the old one this time. ” Hayato clapped her back.

“ Then what about Shin and Rima? ” Yoojung asked.

“ Mrs Wakamura. ” They chorused.

“ Did the both of you get stuck in the same class again? ” Temari asked. The two students nodded.

“ She’s not too bad. But I still got the best teacher. Ms Hinata! ” Yoojung cheered. Rima rolled her eyes while the others kept quiet. 

“ Why are you guys ignoring me? ” Yoojung asked.

“ Cause you got the best teacher and all of us want a trade for that. ” Shinji grumbled.

“ Sorry, twins. You guys are too young. ” Yoojung smiled.

“ Hey look. The model table is together again. Seiichi came back from his absence. ” A girl whispered.

“ The seven of them are always together, even before Harumi became a model. Now that she’s a model, the group’s complete! ” Another whispered.

“ The seven of them are so famous in this school for being models and friends. But don’t they have a name for their group? I mean, all groups need to have one right? ” Her friend said. She nodded.

What they didn’t know, was that Yoojung overheard the entire conversation and smiled.

“ Hey guys. Do you remember when we first met each other? ” Yoojung asked out of the blue.

The members looked at her with weird looks but nodded.

“ I met you when you were trying to bail Rima out of detention because she had a shoot. We hit off from there while dissing Rima. ” Temari said.

“ Just continue.

Please log in to read the full chapter