11 - Shopping

Leading A Double Life [ On-Hold ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Papers strewn everywhere. Books were opened and left alone, and a head was weighed down on the table and it belonged to none other than Yoojung. She had spent yet another night coming up with the designs of the cafe while making sure every measurement and dimension was correct.

While in the process of her work, she had managed to fall asleep yet again. 

" Yoojung? " Baekhyun knocked on the door but there came no answer. He cautiously opened the door only to find the bed empty, and the person who uses the room sleeping at the desk. 

" Aigoo... She fell asleep on the desk again. That's the fourth time this week. " Baekhyun shook his head and went to wake Yoojung up. 

" Jungie. Wake up. " Baekhyun nudged Yoojung who stirred in her sleep. * Cute. * He smiled and continued shaking Yoojung until she woke up. 

In the midst of sitting up, her glasses fell onto the table and she rubbed her hazel eye. 

" Baekhyun? " Yoojung groggily called out. 

" Here " Baekhyun replied. * Baekhyun's here. Huh?! Baekhyun's here?! My contacts! * Yoojung became alert and went to find her contacts which were in the bathroom.

After her lens was in her eye, she came out of the bathroom and went to greet Baekhyun.

“ Why were you in my room? ” Yoojung asked Baekhyun. He was leaning against the table with a somewhat tired look.

“ Akane noona said that the both of us should take a break. She said that we were working too hard and was worried for us, so she called the house after you slept and forced us to take the day off. ” Baekhyun replied.

“ I see. ” Yoojung nodded. * Come to think of it, I’ve hardly had a day of rest. It’s always work, model, then club things. I rarely have my full ten hours of sleep. *

“ Do you have any place in mind to go? ” Baekhyun asked.

Yoojung let out a smile. “ Let’s go shopping! It’s been a while since I last shopped with a guy. ”

Baekhyun nodded and pushed himself away from the table.

“ Get changed and we’ll head out to the nearest mall. ” Baekhyun said and Yoojung nodded.

Once Baekhyun left the room, Yoojung went to freshen up and change.

When she left her room, she was wearing a black crop shirt and short denim overalls. She paired her clothing with a bow headband and a cat necklace which ended just below her collarbone.

“ Are we good to go? ” Baekhyun asked and Yoojung nodded while tugging on the straps of her leather bag.

Baekhyun was wearing a graphic tee and jeans with a jacket and snapback.

“ Let’s go then. ” He put on his sneakers and left the house while Yoojung followed behind after putting on her gladiator sandals.

Hailing a cab, they headed towards Westfield, which was a half an hour drive away from the house.

---

“ C’mon, Baek! It’s our day off! Just relax and but whatever you want. Don’t worry about the price. I get special discounts because my uncle is the manager of this place. ” Yoojung told Baekhyun who was still slightly hesitating.

“ You sure? ” He warily asked.

“ Byun Baekhyun. Could you just trust me? You should trust your partner like how you trusted me during the fashion show. ” Yoojung looked at Baekhyun with a frown.

“ Fine. ” Baekhyun gave in and Yoojung’s lips curved into a sweet smile which sent Baekhyun’s heart racing. * What is this? Why is my heart racing? It’s just Yoojung. *

“ Let’s go! ” Yoojung dragged Baekhyun into a random shop, which happened to be Omega.

* I remember the Yamato twins say that they wanted a new watch. They wouldn’t stop bugging me for it. * Yoojung looked at the glass cases which had different designs.

“ Baek, do you think the twins would like this? ” Yoojung pointed to a pair of identical watches, but one is in red, the other white.

“ It seems to match them. But the price… ” Baekhyun trailed off at the four-digit number.

“ It’s fine. I can always reduce a few thousand. These are authentic watches, after all. ” Yoojung said and called for the sales lady.

“ How can I help you, Young Miss. ” The lady bowed.

“ This red and white pair for the Yamato twins. Separate packages, without wrapping. ” Yoojung said in English.

“ The blue box or the black box? ” The lady asked.

“ Blue. ” Yoojung said and the lady nodded before taking the pair of watches out and packaging them.

“ Do you want this shipped to the twins, Young Miss? ” The lady asked as Yoojung paid for the watches.

“ I’ll personally pass it to them. ” The lady nodded and gave Yoojung the bag.

“ I got it. Thank you for shopping here, Young Miss. ” The lady bowed once more before Yoojung and Baekhyun left.

“ They recognize you? ” Baekhyun asked and Yoojung nodded.

“ Whenever I came here, my uncle would always spoil me. He would introduce me to the employees here sometimes. I guess, word spreads. ” Yoojung shrugged.

“ Where to next? ” B

Please log in to read the full chapter