21 - Protect You

Leading A Double Life [ On-Hold ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

A couple hours later, the shoot was finally over and they could finally rest. 

" It's a good shoot today. " The photographer told Yoojung and Seiichi who were both out of their costumes and back in their respective clothes. 

" Thank you. " The both of them bowed. 

The photographer smiled and walked away. Seiichi then turned to Yoojung. " I guess it's my turn to leave now. Bye, nee-san! " He waved and joined his manager.

" Wow! You're seriously jjang as a model! " Baekhyun complimented. Yoojung turned around with a confused face. " Jjang? What's that? "

" It means the best! I didn't know that you were that good as a model. Except for those times when you model for our products and that time during the fashion show. " Baekhyun smiled. Upon knowing the meaning, Yoojung flushed a deep red in embarrassment. 

" I'm not the best! There are better people out there! " Yoojung denied while hiding her blushed face in her hands. But a few seconds later, she placed her hands back by her side.

“ Enough with that. I have shopping to do. Would you like to come? ” Yoojung offered. “ I promise that you wouldn’t have to hold my bags for me. ”

“ I don’t mind. But, I don’t see your manager here. ” Baekhyun looked around the place like a lost puppy, but only see the staff packing up.

“ Who cares about her. She probably left to attend her ‘business’. ” Yoojung made quotation marks in the air. * Probably another mani-pedi session. Old hag. *

“ But it’s fine! We can still get a cab. Come on! ” Yoojung pulled Baekhyun away from the abandoned school and down the pavement.

“ Unfortunately, this place is like a ghost town. Cabs and buses hardly pass by here. But if we take this route here, ” Yoojung pointed to an alleyway. “ We can get a cab easily. ”

She continued walking to the alley with Baekhyun following closely behind. Unlike usual, Yoojung’s senses were on high alert. The alley was a shortcut, yes, but it’s still dangerous.

" You can partially blame Rima for this, since she was the one that introduced me to this shortcut and almost got me killed. " Yoojung joked with Baekhyun, when she noticed that he was starting to get a little pale in the face. Not that she would blame him anyways. 

The buildings next to the alleys had underground clubs that blasted heavy metal music 24/7, with a few occasional drunkards here and there.

Occasionally, sounds of glass breaking and vulgar shouting can be heard as men fought with each other, or desperate screams for help, as the women get harassed by guys.

“ Baekhyun, stay close. Unless, you have a weapon as sharp as mine that can kill. ” Yoojung warned. “ I learned hapkido. I can stay alive. ” Baekhyun frowned.

“ Still. These people have no conscious about things and will just attack like mindless zombies. Hapkido wouldn’t be enough. I came past here for shoots a few times, I know what to expect. ” She looked at Baekhyun with a firm look.

For some reason, Baekhyun couldn’t say no to her. He refused to let any girl protect him because of his pride, yet, he

Please log in to read the full chapter