17 - Modelling

Leading A Double Life [ On-Hold ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Pacing back and forth, Yoojung waited as Rima and Temari were changing into their shirts. Looking at her watch, time seemed to pass by a lot quicker. 

* What's taking them so long? In another five minutes, the shop's going to be opened. *  After what seemed like forever for Yoojung, the two young girls came out of the dressing room in the shirts.

“ I knew the design would be perfect. ” Yoojung smiled in accomplishment. 

“ Yeah… yeah… don’t make me puke now. I just ate my lunch. I don’t want it to come up in under an hour. ” Rima remarked.

“ It won’t. Now you only have 2 minutes left. Straighten yourself up and take these flyers for today’s promotion. ” Yoojung handed the flyers to them.

“ Don’t worry. I’m sure all thousand pieces would be sold out by today. ” Temari said.

“ Or not. It’s still summer vacation, so there will be lesser teenagers around here. Most of them would be finding part time jobs to earn money. ” Yoojung reminded.

“ I hate to say this, but I agree with Yoojung this time, Mari. It’s still summer vacation. I hate your school, Yoojung. ” Rima said.

“ At least I get a break from modeling. ” Yoojung smiled and stretched.

“ Who has been modeling more than you? ” Rima placed her hands in her hips, causing Yoojung to roll her eyes.

“ Whatever, AB girl. It’s time now.  ” She pushed the both of them out of the shop and opened the door.

“ Everything’s set now. Let’s just hope people would actually start coming in. If not, all the efforts I put into thinking up a design ever since the task started would be wasted. ” Yoojung told herself.

- - -

A few hours later, Rima and Temari came back with half the flyers.

“ How many did you sell? ” Rima asked. Yoojung looked at the polaroid films gathered and counted them.

“ Only twenty. ” Yoojung sadly informed.

“ It’s okay! We still have the rest of the month. Including the days all of us have shoots. ” Temari tried to lighten up the sullen mood.

“ What’s wrong? ” Baekhyun walked into the room and saw the crestfallen faces.

“ After a few hours of advertising and selling, we only sold twenty. ” Yoojung informed the confused boy.

“ Oh… ” Baekhyun nodded in understanding.

“ It’s alright! We still have the rest of the month. ” Baekhyun optimistically stated.

“ I can’t believe the both of you could still be optimistic at times like this. ” Yoojung shook her head.

Temari laughed and turned her attention to Yoojung’s hair, only to see a strand of pink escaping from under the wig.

“ Um… Yoojung? May I talk to you for a second? ” Temari asked and pulled Yoojung to the back, out of earshot from the others, especially Baekhyun.

“ Nee-san, your pink hair is showing. ” Temari informed.

“ Really? Help me fix my wig. ” Yoojung took off her blonde wig and her pink hair fell down her back, while her bangs dropped to just below the eyebrows.

“ Next time, please use a ball cap. If not, I don’t know who will inform you of your hair next time. ” Temari advised as she fixed Yoojung’s wig back to her head.

“ Yes, secretary. ” Yoojung mocked Temari with her position as the president’s secretary in the student council.

“ For your information, I’m being promoted to vice-president next month. After the recent elections, they had me be the vice-president, and Shin as the secretary. ” Temari proudly told Yoojung.

“ That’s good, vice-pres. ”  Yoojung smiled.

“ Haru nee-san is mean. ” Temari pouted.

“ Blame my mom for giving me this genes. ” Yoojung shrugged. She stood up from her seat once Temari was done rearranging and went

Please log in to read the full chapter