23 - Telling the best friend

Leading A Double Life [ On-Hold ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

After a few more torturous hours in school, the bell finally rang and the students were released. 

" Alright, we'll end here. Do your research. I'm giving you three days. " The teacher said. 

" Yes! " The class replied. The teacher then packed up her things and left the class. 

" Yes! " Yoojung stood up in glee and packed her things in a rush. Seol-hyun saw it and giggled. 

“ Harumi-san seems to be happy about going home. ” Seol-hyun commented. Yoojung nodded.

* Cause I can finally tell you my secret. * Yoojung thought.

She grabbed Seol-hyun’s wrist and dragged her out of the lecture hall. “ Let’s go! I can’t let the chauffeur wait for me. ”

“ Even you have a chauffeur? Lucky… ” Seol-hyun’s mouth was open when she said that.

“ Even you? What do you mean? ” Yoojung asked, playing dumb.

“ Yoojung also have a chauffeur. ” Seol-hyun said, putting her hands behind her back.

“ At first, I thought she was just another chaebol daughter, since she came from a prestigious school. I thought that she would not stick around the lower class people. ” Seol-hyun truthfully said. * Ouch. I actually found that insulting. * Yoojung winced. “ But? ” She probed.

Seol-hyun smiled. “ But she proved me wrong. She actually accepted me as her friend and treated me normally. It made me feel good. Every time we come back from a task, she would always have something back for me. Nobody has ever done that for me. ”

Immediately, Yoojung softened. She didn’t know that she meant that much to Seol-hyun. Yet, she felt as if she didn’t deserve it, since she was keeping such a huge secret from Seol-hyun.

* But I’m going to tell her today. No matter what. * Yoojung told herself.

“ I see. Come on, Seol-hyun! The car’s waiting! ” Yoojung reminded and ran forward, forcing Seol-hyun to run after her.

- - -

When the car stopped in front of Yoojung's house, the both of them got out. 

" Woah. " Seol-hyun was awestruck when she saw the huge exterior. " You live in a villa?! " 

Yoojung came next to her and nodded. " It was affordable, anyway. "

" But doesn't it have quite a number of zeroes behind? " Seol-hyun asked. 

Yoojung nodded. " But since both my parents are known world-wide, having taken up million dollar projects in the past, they saved up and bought this. " 

" Rich kid. " Seol-hyun pouted. 

" Nothing to be jealous of. I'm just an ordinary girl. " Yoojung smiled.  " Yeah. An ordinary rich girl. " Seol-hyun sighed. 

" Come on. " Yoojung took Seol-hyun by the wrist and dragged her inside. 

“ I’m back from school! ” Yoojung shouted the moment she entered the house.

“ Welcome home. The gift from your friends is in your room. I’ll have someone bring some snacks up later. ” Head attendant told Yoojung. “ Thank you, Head attendant! ” Yoojung bowed and led Seol-hyun up to her room.

“ Woah… Your room is nice. ” Seol-hyun complimented.

“ Thanks. My dad had it done for me. ” Yoojung told Seol-hyun. She nodded.

“ He has good taste. ” Seol-hyun said and plopped down on Yoojung’s bed. Then she started bouncing up and down.

“ This is fun! Especially since it’s soft. ” Seol-hyun giggled to herself.

“ On the contrary to your age, it seems that your mentality is that of a young girl. ” Yoojung smirked.

“ Harumi that’s mean! ” Seol-hyun whined.

“ I stand corrected. ” Yoojung smiled and went to the small bench at the foot of her bed frame, where the gift was lying.

She picked up the big green box with a note attached to it.

To our beloved nee-sama, we hope you like this gift. We chose it for you when we were at Kyoto! Let’s wear it when mid-autumn arrives!

- I.S

* Wear? Mid-autumn? Don’t tell me… * Yoojung opened the box and came face to face with a blue yukata.

“ Another one? ” Yoojung complained.

“ What’s wrong? ” Seol-hyun asked. Yoojung shook her head and closed the box.

“ It’s nothing. ” Yoojung told her.

Just then, a soft knock came from the door.

“ Come in! ”

The door opened and one of the maids brought the snacks in.

“ Here you go, apricot Danish fresh from the oven and freshly brewed green tea. ” She placed the tray on a nearby table and left the room.

“ Oh yeah! What did you want to tell me? ” Seol-hyun asked as she took a bite of the Danish.  

“ Would you believe me if I told you? ” Yoojung asked.

Seol-hyun looke

Please log in to read the full chapter