24 - Sick but closer

Leading A Double Life [ On-Hold ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next few days after Seol-hyun went to Yoojung’s house, the model wanted to reveal who she was to Baekhyun, but it seems that Baekhyun was not in school at all. During break with the Exo-K members, Yoojung decided to ask them.

" I haven't seen Baekhyun in the past few days. What happened? "

D.O and Chanyeol shrugged. " The dude didn't call us at all. You worried about your boyfriend? " Chanyeol joked. 

Yoojung blushed. " No. " 

D.O saw the blush and leaned in. " You're blushing, though. Denial is not good, you know. " Seol-hyun made an action to prove her point. " That's what I told her! See I told you so, Jungie. Denial is not good! " 

Yoojung just covered her face with her hands. " Shut up. " Seol-hyun simply laughed. 

" But I think he's sick, though. Called him yesterday, and he sounded like he was sneezing his way to Heaven. " D.O rolled his eyes. 

" Why don't you visit him after school? I'm sure he'll get better in no time, seeing his favourite lady. " Chanyeol teased. 

" We are not going out! " Yoojung shook her head and covered her red face in her hands.  “ Ignore him. I can give you his address if you want. ” D.O offered.

“ Thanks. Tell me after school! I have to head back to class for a moment. ” Yoojung stood up and left the group.

“ You didn’t tell her? ” Chanyeol looked at D.O. “ Tell Jungie what? ” Seol-hyun asked.

“ Our Baekhyun has this habit of being a baby when he’s sick. He starts to get clingy and whiney. ” Chanyeol revealed.

“ You didn’t tell her? ” Seol-hyun balked. D.O shrugged and smiled. “ Did you actually think I will let them be oblivious to their own feelings? ”

“ You’re devious. ” Seol-hyun shook her head.

“ It’s called trying to help. ” Chanyeol corrected. “ By playing matchmaker. ” Seol-hyun rubbed her temples as the two boys high-fived each other at the great plan.

- - - 

“ Wow... Baekhyun surely is rich to live here. ” Yoojung mumbled to herself when she alighted the taxi that stopped at the apartment buildings. The place that Baekhyun lived had very good security, and was considered expensive to live in.

Regardless, Yoojung entered the building and pressed the button that led her to the penthouse, before entering the required passcode. When the door opened, she stepped out of the elevator and walked into the living room. " Convenient to have an elevator that takes you right up to your own home. " Yoojung commented, as she stepped into the impeccably neat penthouse apartment. 

“ Who knew he was such a neat person. ” Yoojung mumbled as she took off her shoes, and placed her bag on the floor next to her shoes.

“ Baek? ” She walked up the steps and was immediately in the large bedroom. “ Baekhyun? You alright? ” Yoojung asked.

Baekhyun was glued to his bed with the blanket up to his nose. Slowly, Yoojung went over to him and placed her hand on his forehead.

“ You’re burning up. I’ll go get something to bring down that heat. ” Yoojung turned around to head to the bathroom, but a warm hand caught her wrist. “ Jungie? Is that you? ” He breathed.

“ Yes, it’s me. Would you kindly please let go? I need to get something to bring down that fever of yours. ” Yoojung asked, Baekhyun nodded and reluctantly let go of her.

Returning a while later with a basin of cold water and a wash cloth, Yoojung wet the cloth and wrung it dry before placing it on Baekhyun’s warm forehead. “ Did you take your temperature already? ” Yoojung softly asked, but Baekhyun shook his head.

“ Where’s your thermometer? ” She asked again and Baekhyun pointed to the thermometer on the table. Walking over, Yoojung took the thermometer and inserted it into Baekhyun’s mouth.

When there was a soft beeping sound, Yoojung took the thermometer out from his mouth and looked at the temperature.

“ 38.4 degrees. Definitely a high fever. ” Yoojung sighed. She looked back at him and shook her head.

“ How did you even get sick? ” Yoojung softly asked as she changed the cloth. “ Overworked. ” Baekhyun breathed out the answer and Yoojung shook her head. “ How careless of you. ” She muttered.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter