12 - Starting Sales

Leading A Double Life [ On-Hold ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Three hectic weeks have passed in London and the team was already done decorating the interior and exterior of the café. The sales and advertising would official start today. 

Katsumi went to the front door and placed a card which said, ' We Are Open '. Smiling, he went back to the kitchen to see how the others were doing. 

A moment later, Yoojung and Baekhyun entered the kitchen from the dressing room in their uniforms.

Their uniforms consisted of a white short sleeve blouse, a maroon collar ribbon, dark grey vest, a short blue skirt for Yoojung, black pants for Baekhyun.

“ Is the showcase stocked up? ” Yoojung asked and Gina nodded.

 “ I just placed the last of the Butterfly’s Kiss in there. ” She explained.

“ Let’s just hope this goes as planned. ” Akane said and everyone nodded.

Yoojung and Baekhyun looked at each other before going out front. A few minutes later, a middle-aged lady walked through the door with another younger lady.

“ Mom! It looks so Japanese like in here. Now I’m sure I would like to study in Japan! ” The younger lady tugged on the elder lady’s shirt.

“ Of course. Let’s order something first while we discuss, alright? ” the elder lady promised and the both of them made their way to the cashier.

“ Welcome to Café Auréole. What can I get for you two ladies? ” Yoojung bowed.

“ I’ll try this Butterfly’s Kiss, and this red velvet cake. ” The lady said. Yoojung nodded and took the two out and placed it on two separate plate.

“ Any drinks? ” Yoojung asked. The two females looked up towards the menu board then back at Yoojung.

“ One hot chocolate and cappuccino. ” The lady said. Yoojung nodded and told Baekhyun who went to notify the kitchen.

“ Your drinks would be served soon. The total price is £24.40. ” Yoojung told the lady and she took out her wallet and gave Yoojung £25. Yoojung took the cash and gave the lady £0.60.

“ I hope you enjoy the food! ” Yoojung smiled and the lady’s daughter took the tray and went to sit down on one of the tables.

Minutes later, Katsumi came out and served the drinks, before going back to the kitchen.

“ Remember to record it down. Ms Hwang will want to check. ” Baekhyun reminded and Yoojung nodded before taking out a small notebook and recording the sales.

As time passed, there were more and more people coming in and their sales slowly increased. Preparing flyer beforehand, Yoojung and Baekhyun went to attract even more customers. By peak hour , the place became crowded with students.

With Baekhyun and Katsumi’s help, waiting on the customers seemed easier.

With their looks, Baekhyun and Katsumi drew girls in. Because of her charisma and charm, Yoojung attracted boys. In no time, the café was crowded with both boys and girls.

“ Jungie, switch. I’ll handle here, you go help Katsumi with the waiting of drinks and the cold desserts. ” Baekhyun said and Yoojung nodded.

“ Call me if you need help. ” Yoojung stepped away from the cashier and went to Katsumi.

“ Hanabusa, where do these go? ” Yoojung raised her tray with orange juice, cola float and three different flavored ice cream parfait.

“ Over there. ” He nodded at a table with seven good looking boys.  

Yoojung nodded and walked towards their table.

“ Your drinks and desserts. ” Yoojung smiled at the table.

“ Yes! ” A boy with jaw-dropping looks nodded.

Yoojung placed their orders on the table and bowed. But a boy tugged on Yoojung’s skirt before she could turn and leave.

“ Are you Korean? ” He asked with a high pitched voice.

“ Yah! Lee Sungjong! How could you just randomly ask a question like that? ” A boy with small eyes asked.

“ I’m sorry. ” The boy apologized.

“ It’s fine. Yes, I’m Korean. I’m here for school purposes. ” Yoojung explained.

“ Are you… possibly Han Yoojung from the Arts div? ” A guy with a childlike face asked.

“ Yes. How did you know? ” Yoojung looked taken aback.

“ I’m from the engineering course. I’m also a junior. Words spreads fast about you talking back to Si Yeon. My name’s Sungyeol. ” He introduced.

“ Good to know you, sunbae. But I have to get back to work now. ” Yoojung bowed and walked back to the

Please log in to read the full chapter