FlashBack: XiuMin

Hunters of the Night: The brewing war

13 years ago

 

“Umma!!! Appa!!!!  Look!! It’s a puppy!!!” a cute little boy yelled.

“Yes it’s a puppy. Would you like to pet it, Minseok?”

“Yes umma!!!! Oh My God it’s so cute!!!!!”

The woman chuckled. “Our son is the cutest thing isn’t he?”

“Of course he is. But he must also be strong. You know what his future is.”

She looked at the handsome man. She could she worry lines appearing on his face as he aged. She sighed, “I understood ever since he was born. It’s just, it’s a dangerous time, but more dangerous times are approaching. Will our son be ready?” “We’ll just have to train him for what’s to come. I know its hard honey, but we have to.” She smiles sadly, unshed tears glistening in her eyes. “I know sweetie, I know.” And she looked sadly over at their innocent looking child, thinking of what dangers lay ahead.

 

3 years later

XiuMin POV:

I was sweating while the wooden sword came clashing down to meet mine. I danced backwards as father his sword forward. I swung my body around and aimed a kick to his side. He ducked and tripped me with speed I can’t explain. I hit the training ground hard, hitting my head. Everything was fuzzy. I look up to see my father holding the wooden sword to the soft spot below my chin. My father’s voice boomed throughout the training room. “You have improved a lot, my son. Now rise to your feet. I have a gift for you.”  My 10th birthday was coming up. It’s the age that I must go through the ceremony to decide what powers I get and if it is minor or major. No one has ever gained the major powers. There are 12, but in my clan, only 6 have been ever announced. The other 6 signs stay dull and powerless in the circle. I follow my father through all the twisting hallways to his room. I pause at the entrance. My father never allowed me to go into his room. I stand their hesitantly. Father turns around and motions me in. “come in son. I won’t bite. I know you’re going to be in here” he teased. I puffed up my cheeks. “Hmph. Should’ve said that before!!” he went to the chest beside his bed. When he turned around, he was holding 2 swords. They were of plain steel and iron. “Minseok, these 2 swords I have saved for you ever since you were a baby. When you and your friends go through the ceremony, you will be carrying these weapons. When your powers are chosen, they will change to match and partner your powers. Understood? This is my present to you. Take care of them.” He handed them to me. The words were stuck in my throat. “Thank you father!! It’s an honor.” Tears welled up in my eyes. In our clan, when your elders give you a weapon to wield for the ceremony, it is a sign of respect and honor. I hugged my father. “thank you”, I whispered. He held me at arms length and looked into my eyes. “I’m proud of you son. Both me and your Mother are”

March 26: His birthday and the Ceremony

I walked out of my room, smiling and nervous. I was half way down the hall when I felt someone tackle me. “Oooomf!” I made this weird sound when I hit the floor. Someone was smushing me. Or should I say some PEOPLE. I knew who they were right away. It was my friends. They are going to go through the ceremony with me. I’m happy I don’t have to do it alone.

Author’s POV:

The Ceremony

“Today we celebrate the 6 future clan leader’s awakening day. Today they will turn into the men who will guide this clan to its destined fate. I shall call your names one by one. Shall I call your name, come stand in the middle of the Circle. Kim Minseok. Yang Yixing. Huang ZiTao. Do KyungSoo. Byun BaekHyun. And Xi LuHan. We shall now awaken the inner power of your souls.” The priest started chanting a song, sorrow but bright at once. The elders began singing, and the Circle glowed. The six signs flared to life, while the other six stayed dull. The signs seem to shine brighter than ever before. The chanting and singing slowed and quieted, but the Circle didn’t falter. The Circle continued glowing, the signs spinning around. The clan was quiet while the Circle halted its movement. Then, suddenly, signs slowly appeared under each individual’s feet, glowing a distinct color. The 6 in the circle opened their eyes, one by one. XiuMin looked down and saw the sign under his feet. It was a snowflake glowing a winter blue shade. Frost. He was frost. Yixing opened his eyes. He looked down. It was a unicorn, glowing a light yellow. Healing. KyungSoo looked and saw the sign of Strength while Baekhyun and LuHan looked down. Light and Telekinesis. They all looked at each other with stupid goofy grins on their faces. They were about to hug when a light of gold blasted above the Circle. Everyone looked up to see a golden silhouette of a maiden. She touched all of their foreheads and smiled. Then she was gone. Their weapons glowed the color of their signs, then the light dulled and their weapons stilled. The clans were silent, then they burst into cheers. They were the only ever chosen majors. They looked at each other and hugged. They were the Chosen Hunters.

Flashback over

XIUMIN POV:

It’s been 9 years since that happened. Our parents are dead and we are the clans’ leaders. The more modern name? The Hunters. Our parents were killed by Night Creatures: Werewolves. That day, our homes set on fire, our parents killed, the air reeking the metallic smell of blood. It haunts me to this very day. We managed to escape with the help of a trusted friend of our parents, Leeteuk. He is our caretaker, our leader, our guidance, our only family other than ourselves. I will kill the ones who killed our parents. I have nightmares. Everyday and it never shows signs of stopping. All the blood and screaming. It has never stopped, and I think it never will.

AUTHOR POV:

He sat at his bed, head against the headboard. He closed his eyes and took a shaky breath. He looked out the window, refusing to cry. He looked at the full moon and let the one crystal drop fall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!!! Its Min_Chan here!! 1st ever update!!!! Hope you guys like it!!! Feel free to comment any mistakes ^^ its my first time writing so tips would be welcome. Thank you for reading :) I’ll try to update every one or two days!! ^^ comment and subscribe ><