Finally finding their wings

Hunters of the Night: The brewing war

Flashback

 

Kai walked into the living room with the others, excitement radiating off of them. Today was the day they were getting their wings. It wasn’t far from when they were told that they were direct descendants from real angels.

 

Leeteuk sat in the armchair, eating a plate of scones and drinking a cup of what smelled like a cup of tea. Amber was dangling upside down from a chandelier, her blonde hair glowing brighter that the crystals.

 

She smiled as they all stood in a line in front of her dangling, glowing head. One of them finally had the nerves to ask why her hair was glowing. She laughed and smiled. “My glory can sense that new wings are going to be born. Now, let’s get on with it. I need you guys to dig deep down and think about someone or something you want to protect. That won’t be so hard in your case.”

 

They all closed their eyes and images popped up behind their eyelids. Chen smiled when he saw Xiumin’s laughing face when they were making snow animals and dark cloud shapes in the air. He had just made a Baozi and Xiumin had smudged some snow against his nose, causing him to laugh.

 

He felt a warm feeling in his shoulder blades, getting so painfully hot he felt like he was going to explode. Finally, he felt like something was set free as his wings grew and slowly unfurled themselves. He looked back and smiled. His feathers were just like Xiumin’s just spaced differently, like they were meant to fit into his. He looked at Xiumin and smiled, walking toward him and putting his wings to Xiumin’s, which had unfurled when he started walking toward each other.

 

Kai had walked toward D.O and held his hands cheesily to his heart. He closed his eyes and let out a breath, his wings sliding out without effort. The feathers had a solid, strong look to them, just like D.O’s. D.O smiled warmly and hugged him, happy that they had something in common.

 

Sehun looked at Luhan and winked, Luhan giggling and waving him on. Sehun shook his head and gestured to LuHan’s back. Luhan nodded and closed his eyes, unfurling his beautiful wings. Sehun’s heart warmed at the sight of his beautiful boyfriend and his beautiful wings, his own wings bursting out from the warmness in his heart. His wings were all sharp edges and angles, but were soft and beautiful like Luhan’s. Luhan ran to his open arms and hugged him.

 

Chanyeol had fallen back asleep because of waking up so early. They all laughed as they saw him snore. They were all going to turn toward Kris when they heard a whump and a crash as Chanyeol’s wings unfurled and smacked into the table behind him, causing the vase to fly across the room and crash into the walls. They all laughed when Chanyeol's jumped in surprise and hit his head. They all stared, amazed at how big his wings were. The feathers were downy and soft, the feathers long and delicate but strong, just like Chanyeol. Baekhyun gave a soft laugh and walked over to Chanyeol, setting his head on his shoulder.

 

They all gasped when Kris held out both his arms as his wings burst out. His brothers snorted at how dramatic he was, acting like a god. They had to admit, Kris looked like a god with the glory shining from him and his blonde, diva head. Kris looked back at his wings curiously, Tao touching his wings and smiling.

 

They all turned silently to stare at Suho, who didn’t have his love with him. Tears had slid down his cheeks, soaking his sleeve. His wings grew out sadly with his sorrow, but glowed brightly with his will to get his love back. After his wings unfurled, they all walked up to hug him, resulting in Chanyeol smacking Zhoumi in the face as he passed, Kris knocking a painting out of place, and D.O hitting Baekhyun and tripping over Luhan’s wing tips.

 

They all smiled at each other, washing away the sadness for now. Their glory glowed bright together, entwining in their friendship, brothers to brothers. They had finally found their wings.