'Cause wings were meant to fly

Hunters of the Night: The brewing war

Lay grunted as the man kicked him again. T.O.P, his classmate had come in to interrogate him. He refused to answer and T.O.P started to beat the crap out of him. T.O.P backed off as a group of people entered and told him to leave so they could have a “Talk” with them.

 

T.O.P spit at him and straightened his combat vest before exiting, his head held high. Lay flipped him off when he looked back. “DICKHEAD!!!” Lay shouted. T.O.P slammed the door behind him. The people entered the cage. Lay looked at them wearily, recognizing them from his class.

 

There was Junho, Sandeul, Thunder and Ailee. He glared, his voice coming out harsh. “What the hell do you s want?! Wanna beat me up like T.O.P? Like a person who doesn’t have the guts to fight a fair game?” He saw them sigh. That confused him. Ailee stepped forward, her eyes sad. “No. we are here to help you get out of here. We need to get you out. NOW. Don’t argue, please. Juts let us help.” Lay looked at them warily. “Why are you guys helping me?” Ailee gestured for them to untie and heal him. They healed his bruises, cuts and his wings. He stood up and stretched.

Ailee stared at him with those oh so sad eyes. She closed her eyes and the others followed. Their wings unfurled, but they were not the same as his. They were broken, bloody and battered their feathers black and charred. Ailee opened her eyes, watery with unspilled tears. “This is what has happened to us. You must not become like us.” Junho, Sandeul and Thunder nodded. Sandeul shyly raised his hand.

“Can you tell Jinyoung that I’m sorry and Baro and I miss him? Tell him we’re soso sorry.” Sandeul turned just as tears spilled out of his eyes. Lay nodded and turned toward Ailee once more. “What is the main reason you are helping me? Other than the fact I might end up like you guys? NO offense.” Ailee smiled her first big smile. “Open your wings and go. You will know this deep in your heart. Your friends also. You will know.” Lay smiled. “Thank you for letting me go. But wont you guys be killed?”

 

They smiled soft, genuine smiles. “We want this, trust us. We’ve been too much pain and suffering. We will fall into peace. We thank you, Lay. We bless you and your friends for safety. Go, Lay.” Lay turned and shot up, crashing through the grate and into the sky. He turned and rocketed into the direction of the closest civilization.

 

Ailee stared up just as the door burst open and Baro came in, his head bloody. His body convulsed as he was shot from the back. Sandeul ran over and hugged him, whispering and Baro nodded. Sandeul had spots of red on him where they shot him also. Ailee whispered few words before she was shot down.

 

“Because wings were meant to fly.”