I've got a lot of explaining to do.

Hunters of the Night: The brewing war

After their sports meets, they all walked toward the nurse’s office and called Heechul. He was painting his nails when they opened the door. Heechul packed all his things and then locked the office and enchanted the lock. They were walking through the main courtyard when they heard a shunk! And they all turned to see a piece of black crystal embedded into the stone at one side of the courtyard. They heard more noises and watched as more crystals embedded themselves in the ground forming a big square around them with a diamond inside the square.

The werewolves shifted and the hunters summoned their weapons. Heechul snapped his fingers and a broom flew out of the sky and he got onto it, opening his bag and tossing them all their rings. Their rings glowed when they put them on and their familiars came out. Tao crouched down and posed in a springing position while Xiumin and Luhan stood back to back, weapons held up while Chen and Sehun crouched beside them, scoping the area around them. Chanyeol and Nai fused together, turning into a flaming wolf while Baekhyun and Suho fused with their familiars.

The others didn’t learn how to fuse yet because it’s harder without being an elemental wielder. D.O fused with his familiar and disappeared underground. They all stood, ready for what came at them when Tao said, “Who’s there? State your business.” They were answered by the crystals glowing. Little threads of dark light were starting to connect with each other. They were all confused and trying to find out what was going on. Lay stared at the crystals and knew right away what was going on. He looked around and was about to tell the others when he saw the sections of light were about to completely shut before he saw he was the closest, so he ran and somersaulted through the small gap just as it closed shut. He sprinted forward and climbed up the closest tree and took out his bow and arrows, keeping his dagger strapped on his fore arm. He didn’t know what to do at all.

They were trapped in a barrier that was powered by crystals. Crystals were known for holding immense amounts of energy inside. He snapped his head up with realization and drew his sign in the air. Uruhui came out, but as a miny size and he whispered to her. “Uruhui, you must go and warn the others. Go tell Leeteuk and ask for help. I don’t know what they are planning on doing but it doesn’t look good. I can protect myself. You must go, and be safe.” He closed his eyes and prayed as she disappeared into the brush. He leaped from tree to tree watching and searching for signs of who he was looking for. Suddenly, a hand shot out of no where and covered his mouth, yanking him into the bushes, his necklace chain snapping and dropping to the floor. He kicked it and it slid out to the fountain.

FLASHBACK:

They were sitting on the roof, watching the stars together. Suho rolled on top of him and kissed him. They lied there kissing for who knows how long. Suho pulled back and smiled. “I have something for you, baby.” He opened his hand and a drop of water appeared on his palm. It shaped into a beautiful necklace with a blue shimmering jewel as the base of a sun cupped into the silver crescent moon. Lay covered his mouth and started crying. Suho looked at him with worry on his face. “If you don’t like it I can get you another-“ He was cut off when Lay kissed him and hugged him. “I LOVE it. It’s beautiful.” Suho smiled gently and clipped it on and smiled. “So beautiful.” Lay nodded. “The necklace IS beautiful.” Suho laughed and kissed him on the cheek. “No silly. I meant you!” Lay blushed and hugged him. “I wish we could stay like this forever”, Lay mumbled. He drifted to sleep. Suho smiled and hugged him, petting his hair. “I love you Lay. I love you more than anything.

End of Flashback.

 

The wolves shifted back at Suho's paniced cry. Suho looked around, frantic. He screamed. “Where’s Lay?! WHERE IS LAY?!” Kris walked over and hugged him, not dropping his guard. He murmured into his hair. “Bro, calm down. He must’ve escaped. He’ll be fine. Just focus on getting us out of here.” Suho nodded, eyes glazed. Xiumin sighed and walked over and tapped his shoulder. He slowly turned around, only to have Xiumin slam his foot against his shin. He gasped in pain and glared, only to have Xiumin glare back.

Xiumin had tears in his eyes. “If you really love my bestfriend, then you'll help us get out of here and help us save him. do something that’d be helpful or just go and sit down in your own misery!” He huffed and stomped off. Suho got up and shook his head and hands. He looked up with determination. “Let’s do this.” They walked toward the walls and inspected every nook and cranny.

They heard thunder clouds and looked up to see a group of people wearing black masquerade masks. There were two people standing in front of the others. They laughed as they all tried to attack him. A voice boomed out. “Don’t even try. It’s unbreakable. We picked the crystals that were able to hold more energy. Oh, and were you looking for this one?” The black cloud formed a person and he stuck his hand inside and yanked someone out, holding him by the hair. He had bruises on his forehead and he was bleeding. His eyes were barely open, trying to stay open.

Suho stood there frozen. He felt like his heart stopped beating. Xiumin had dropped to his knees, not being able to stand. Chen bent and held Xiumin to him as Xiumin stared blankly at what the man was holding. The wolves all came together in chorus, their growls shaking the ground. D.O had surfaced, his face ashen. Tao had screamed, tears flowing down his face, his voice choking, wailing and calling out his best friend’s name. Baekhyun had fainted and Luhan had fury in his eyes that were glazed with tears. The man had Lay held dangling from his hair. Lay’s hands were up and scratching at his hands. He had started struggling when he saw his fellow members. He cried out when the man bit him on the shoulder, blood welling up around his mouth. He let go off his shoulder and his lips. Lay had tears streaming down his face. He looked at Suho and opened his mouth and croaked out words. More tears welled up as he said those words. “Suho…..I’m sorry. Xiumin, Tao, Luhan, Baekhyun, D.O…..Take care….” And then he was back into the dark clouds.

They all glared at him. The man smirked. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to kill him…Yet. if you guys want him, try to get him. He’s a big part of our plan. As for you guys, we don’t need you guys anymore.” He snapped his fingers and the glowing lines and crystals started floating inner, closing them off. They all scooted toward the center and attacked the barriers with there powers, only chipping it. The man laughed at them like they were kittens trying to get out of a cage. “Until next time. Oh wait, there is no next time! Goodbye forever EXO.” He laughed and he and the others disappeared.

The walls came closer and they all huddled closer together. They hugged their partners, the hunters crying for not only losing their best friend but because they couldn’t get out to save him. The walls reached to just a millimetre until they couldn’t move. They closed their eyes, giving their last wishes that Lay would be ok. Is they didn’t survive, they just wanted one thing. It was for him to be safe and live. Just for them. They were about to give up when a gold, warm light lit up the whole courtyard and they heard the loud beat of wings.

They saw a feathers land on the crystals, the energy and making the crystals hit the floor with loud thunks. The light faded and they all looked up, eyes going wide. Amber was floating in the air before them, glowing and dressed in a white tank with white fingerless gloves that reached her elbows and shorts that went up to her thighs. She was holding a sword and was dangling someone by the arm. She looked at them and gave a sad smile. “I’m sorry guys. I got here to late. They left her here to make sure your other friends didn’t get here to save you guys. I’m Amber, Arch angel at your service.” She did a mock bow and threw someone on the ground.

“Think you might want to deal with her.” Then she turned in a circle and landed on the floor, wearing the same outfit but in different colors. She smiled and shrugged. “My clothes change color. She walked over and put her foot on the girl’s chest, turning her head forward with her other foot. Tao gasped. It was Eunjung. She was the kind girl he sat next to in class. His face went stony. He walked over and bent down. “WHERE.IS.MY.GEGE?!”, he roared. She looked up and gave a wicked grin. She croaked out some words. “I’ll…never…tell….you….I’d…..rather……die.” Tao drew back his arm and his stick appeared in his hand, but it looked different. It was gold and silver intertwined. Eunjung’s eyes widened. “Impossible……he…..said….locked…..away…”

He slammed down the stick and she screamed before bursting into swirls of shadow and they flew toward Amber’s outstretched hand. She clenched them into fists and the darkness dissipated. Tao stood there, his face down. Kris walked forward, hands held out to hug him when he paused. Something wasn’t right. Tao’s eyes were closed, tears dripping down his cheeks, but they weren’t clear. They were GOLD. He started floating and glowing pink. He turned to see that the other hunters did the same. They glowed brightly, their colors lighting up the courtyard. When they reached above the tree line, they stopped and feathers started raining, showering the courtyard with Winter Blue, Peach, Magenta, Silverish Yellow, and Pink feathers.

Feather tips bloomed from their shoulder blades and they stared wide-eyed and jaw-dropped as wings came out. They were illuminated with their colors. The wings were differently feathered and they kept growing until they were bigger than them. He turned toward Amber, who had hugged herself, eyes closed, and started flying toward each of them. She tapped their foreheads, saying each of their names. “Xiumin, D.O, Luhan, Baekhyun, Tao. Your purposes are calling you. Your destiny has been decided. You must do what you must. Be brave and go all the way.”

The light slowly faded and their wings retracted. They plummeted toward the floor. Their partners scramble to catch them. They held them to their chests, looking up at Amber. Kris stood up, Tao in his arms. “What did you do?” He demanded. Amber smiled. “I didn’t do anything. They did it themselves. Come. Follow me and sit. We have a lot to discuss.” She turned toward Suho and put a hand on his shoulder. “Lay’ll be ok. He has awakened too. All of them have. They are connected forever, in the after life or when they are alive. He has awakened and they will be delayed. We must hurry. Now let’s go. Leeteuk is waiting.” She turned and walked to the fountain in the middle of the courtyard and held up her hand. A white door with a llama name tag on it. They all stared at her.

She looked up and said, “What? I can like things cant I? I’m not one of those hardcore archangels. Let’s go.” She walked through. The others followed. Suho was about to go when he caught a glimpse of something shining at the side of the fountain. He quickly bent down and picked it up. It was the necklace he gave Lay. He held it in his hand, clenching it into a fist. Tears rolled nonstop down his face. Kris walked over and put his hand on his shoulder, guiding him to the door. “We’ll find him, bro. we will.” Suho looked up when they reached the door, tears still flowing. Yes, yes we will. I’m coming  for you Lay. He stepped through the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayo wassup! XD MIn_Chan here! how do you guys like this chapter? looks like Lay got taken and Amber has alot of explaing to do. is you are confused, wait for the next chapter!! in the next chapter Leeteuk and amber will explain everything. after that, if you STILL dont get it, comment about it and i'll explain further. comment and subscribe if you havent!! Thank you if you already have!! it makes me very happy and grateful!