Ch5: Deal?

Between Me and You

Kijoon found it hard to swallow when Wonwoo reached for her hand holding it firmly. She was not expecting a confession on this walk. Wonwoo's cheerful smile had faded away leaving Kijoon to only believe his feelings were true.

"I’m sorry," she started while taking her hand away from Wonwoo. "Mingyu and I started dating a little over two weeks ago." Wonwoo had his jaw slightly hung open, "He wanted to tell you sooner, but we both thought it would be better if I told you personally." Wonwoo looked all around the ground like he was searching for something. "I didn’t want you to find out this way. I’m-"

"Don’t be sorry," Wonwoo cut into Kijoon's train of thought. He swore if Kijoon would just listen she would hear his heart shatter just how she broke it before. "I just thought we could go back to before." Wonwoo shrugged his shoulder pretending he wasn’t hurt. "We'd better go back. If Mingyu wakes up and checks on you he'll be worried." Kijoon nodded in agreement leading the way.

They didn’t speak to each other while walking back. Kijoon had her head hung thinking of the endless scenarios that could have played out. She hit herself lightly turning into the camp site. Standing in front of her tent she cursed herself and slipped off her shoes.

Wonwoo's arms folded tightly around Kijoon's waist. He kissed her cheek quickly before squeezing her into a hug. "Goodnight Kijoonie," Wonwoo sang happily retreating to his own tent.

Kijoon lay back in her sleeping bad staring back at the roof of the tent. This time she didn’t count the numbers of bugs crawling past, she was too focused on Wonwoo's sudden change in emotion. He had just been rejected; wouldn’t that make a person heartbroken?

She lay awake having a controversial debate with herself. "What could her have meant by 'Like me like you did before'"

Before Kijoon knew it the sun was rising behind her tent. She rolled onto her stomach and watched the shadows of the bugs crawling around the thin material. She shuddered thinking about how close she actually was with those bugs.

Groggily Joheun woke up beside her. "Morning Kijoonie." she said without her normal peppy voice. Kijoon groaned a response sitting up. Her eyes blood shot from lack of sleep. "Did you sleep well?" Kijoon shoved her head in her pillow ignoring her friend.

Joheun rolled over grabbing her phone. "Aish, its 7 o'clock." she dropping it back on the ground looking to Kijoon. "Let’s go wake up the others." Joheun hopped on her feet dragging Kijoon out of the tent.

"Wake up!" she belted ping tents. A sea of unamused groans attacked Joheun from the tents. "Wake up, we need to have breakfast and I want someone to play with me!"

Kyungjoo crawled to the edge of his tent poking his head out. Kijoon could see his sleeping bag constricting his body, "Hey, stupid go back to bed. You're annoying everyone." his morning voice croaked then he popped his head back inside the tent.

"Go away." Joheun whined shaking her whole body. "You'll stay up with me right?" She pleaded Kijoon. Kijoon nodded hesitantly she could feel the dark bags under her eyes.

The sound of a zipper caught the girls' attention. Mingyu's long lanky body struggled through the tent. He scratched the back of his head while putting his shoes on. He covered his face and rubbed his eyes walking towards Kijoon. "Morning" he said closing his arms around Kijoon and kissing her cheek.

Joheun gawked for a moment then stood herself in the same position as Kijoon as if she expected the same treatment. Kijoon's cheeks were heated and she held onto Mingyu's forearms. "Did you sleep well?" he asked eyes closed rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Yeah." Kijoon lied pulling away from Mingyu, "Let's make breakfast" she said quickly leaving Mingyu's side. His eyes slid open and he groaned too tired to chase after her.

"I smell food!" Kyungjoo yelled stumbling out of the tent.

"Ahh, you’re so loud!" Wonwoo moaned pushing Kyungjoo over.

"So are you." the older retorted sitting at the picnic table. "Feed me sister." Kyungjoo demanded fork and knife in either hand.

"Mingyu and Kijoon are serving food." she yelled back to her brother flipping pieces of bacon, she looked over at the couple. Mingyu tossed pieces of food into his mouth. "If they don’t eat it all first." Joheun beat her spare hand into Mingyu's arm. Mingyu cried out rubbing his arm, "set the table" Joheun hissed.

Mingyu laid plates on the table and took his seat beside Kijoon. Joheun finished the last bit of food putting it on the table. Immediately everyone dived into the food. Kijoon fought over her favourites piling mountains on her plate. “Hey, slow down.” Mingyu teased nudging her with his elbow, “You’re going to leave us to starve. Kijoon scrunched her nose at him chewing monstrously.

“Ahh,” Mingyu held a piece of bacon in front of Kijoon’s face. She willingly opened and took the end in her teeth. Mingyu attempted to rip the opposite end away but Kijoon kept taking more into . He released the piece of meat letting it droop to her chin. Kijoon smiled at her success. She turned towards Mingyu to rub it in his face when he grabbed both sides of her head catching the piece of bacon between his teeth.

Kijoon pulled her head back laughing while Mingyu continually stole kisses rather than tried to take the food from .  Mingyu pressed his lips hard onto Kijoon’s before pulling away. Both of them breathed heavily from their exhausting fight. Kijoon hid her face with her arms while the girls giggled around her. If it wasn’t apparent before that they were in a relationship, it was now.

Wonwoo stared down at his plate. Bits of food were scattered around it, he moved his fork around them not wanting to look up at Kijoon.  He could feel how far his heart had sunken. He felt like it was in the pit of his stomach by now and it was not a good feeling. He sighed pushing away his plate.

People started standing up and cleaning their dirty dishes. Kijoon stood in front of the water pipe washing dishes under the hard spraying water. She flicked her head back away from the well when water splashed up in her face. “I don’t like this” She whined to herself, “Why do I have to do it alone?” She dropped the plate into the clean water bucket.

Mingyu crept up behind Kijoon startling her. Kijoon jolted forward stepping into the running water. “Mingyu!” She yelled looking down at her sopping wet shorts. Mingyu back up slightly laughing,

“Oh, sorry. Do you want some help?” Kijoon glared up at him and passed a dirty plate over. She placed another plate under the water. Water splashed up off the plate in Mingyu’s direction leaving his shirt wet. “Hey!” He pushed the plate from the water closing in on Kijoon, “You’re getting me all wet.”

Kijoon laughed, “Serves you right! Look what you did to my shorts. And now my shoes are going to stink!” Kijoon gestured to the water running down to her heels. Mingyu swatted the fountain water with the plate flinging it into Kijoon’s face. “Stop!” Kijoon yelled returning the action. Thus their water battle began.

The sound of the water in Kijoon’s shoes could be heard from ten feet away. Mingyu had ended the fight by filling an empty bucket and pouring it over Kijoon’s head. Her hair hung barely held in its original bun almost halfway down her back. Her bright blue shirt was now navy and her shorts dripped water like her feet were walking in rain. Kijoon felt like she was carrying 20 pounds excess to her own body weight. She had left Mingyu to carry the buckets and dishes back in order to pay her back for the “damage”. He walked a good minute behind Kijoon considering he was carrying three buckets in two hands.

By the time Mingyu had finally arrived at the campsite (after dropping some things several times), Kijoon was already dressed in dry clothes. Mingyu dropped the buckets in a pile with the other clean dishes and turned to seek out Kijoon. He stripped off his shirt throwing it over a clothes line with Kijoon’s clothes.

“We’re going to the beach again Mingyu, are you going to come?” one of Joheun’s friends called out walking towards the campsite’s entrance.

“Where’s Kijoon?”

“She’s staying here, she said she’s tired. Try her tent.” Mingyu waved the girl off and peeked into Kijoon and Joheun’s shared tent. Kijoon hummed quietly and running her fingers through her hair.

“Kijoonie” Mingyu whispered not wanting to be too loud. Kijoon turned suddenly and looked up at him,

“You shouldn’t peek into people’s tents. What would you do if I was changing?” She scoffed ping the door and letting him in.

“I’ve seen you change before, it doesn’t matter.” Mingyu lay back on the sleeping bags looking up at Kijoon. “So, you’re tired? Joheun’s friend told me.”  Kijoon lay down beside him keeping her eyes as wide open as she could. She nodded silently. “Your eyes are red. Did you really sleep well last night?” Kijoon closed her eyes for a brief second and hummed her answer. Mingyu brought her body closer to his wrapping his arm around her waist. “Tell me what you’re thinking.”

Kijoon lay on her back with her eyes closed. “I think I want to live in a castle in the middle of the forest.” Mingyu watched her eyelids flutter while she imagined the castle she wanted to live in.

“You can’t do that.” Mingyu said in a serious tone. “You’d be too far away from me.” Kijoon gave a little smile turning into Mingyu’s chest. She gripped onto his bare shoulders with both hands.

“Can I ask you a favour?” Kijoon locket her fingers behind Mingyu’s back. She felt him nod his head. “Can you tone down the flirting when Wonwoo is around?” Mingyu stretch himself away from Kijoon to look at her face.

“Why should I do that?” Mingyu sounded annoyed and Kijoon grew depressed. She didn’t like the way Mingyu looked at her; there was something about that look that hurt Kijoon’s heart.

“I don’t like seeing him upset when we’re around. He likes me, he told me last night. I just don’t want him to feel bad whenever the three of us are in the same area.” Kijoon looked down at Mingyu’s bare chest. Mingyu pulled her close again.

“That’s why you couldn’t sleep.” Mingyu whispered more to himself than to Kijoon. “Go to sleep,” He hushed Kijoon running his middle finger up and down her spine. It didn’t take long for Kijoon to pass out in Mingyu’s arms. Mingyu wanted to fall asleep too, but there was only one thing that was going through his head. Wonwoo likes Kijoon and he’s not the type of person to give up so easily.


A/N: Ahh, sorry I had messed up. I had written these chapters on my iPod originally and then they didn't copy over correctly. Thank you to limhua for telling me about the error. Sorry if it caused any inconvinences to anyone. This is how the chapter was supposed to be updated titles and all. I'll try for another update today to make it up to you all!

-Aurelia