Ch34: Needing Regulation

Between Me and You

Kijoon waited the week painfully. Mingyu decided he was going to try for Kijoon, but only after she told Wonwoo. And that’s what she planned on doing at dinner that night.

Wonwoo arrived at her apartment right on time. He hugged her lifting her off the ground. "Its been too long." he laughed. Kijoon smiled lightly, "I'm taking you somewhere special tonight." he said whisking her hand into his and going out the door. "How was your week without me?" Wonwoo asked playfully, "I bet it ."

Kijoon remained quiet walking with his hand in hers. "Joonie?" Wonwoo stopped tilting her face to his. "Are you okay?" Kijoon nodded, "Then why aren’t you talking? We don’t have to go out tonight if you don’t want to." He said even though Wonwoo really wanted to take Kijoon out. Kijoon shook her head,

"No. Let’s go. I’m just nervous." Kijoon put on a small smile for him. Wonwoo kissed her forehead telling her not to worry and they continued on their way.

Wonwoo dragged Kijoon around back alleys and turns all over the place. Kijoon held onto him tight scared of what lurked in the darkness. "Where are we going?" she said as they merged back into the busy street into a small side cafe.

"Here, up those stairs I found this place a while ago but only ever came alone." Kijoon followed closely hanging onto Wonwoo's sleeve. "Don’t be scared." he teased pushing a door at the top if the staircase they were climbing.

Light saw through to Kijoon. It was a bright upstairs cafe, but with something Kijoon realized was awesome. "Sushi!" she exclaimed overjoyed by the sight of the sushi bar across the room. Wonwoo laughed. Kijoon didn’t even mid the run down look of the cafe. She only wanted to get to eating. She sat Wonwoo down quickly ordering drinks and dragging him over to the bar.

She had completely forgotten about what she wanted to tell Wonwoo in the first place. They sat eating and talking and eating peacefully until a song played on the radio that Kijoon recognized, "awe I love this song." She smiled slipping a California roll in and bobbing her head repetitively to the slow tempo song. When she looked up Wonwoo had his hand extended towards her,

"Care to dance?" he asked making the girls behind the sushi bar giggle. He glanced over slightly blushing. Kijoon accepted his hand standing up with him. Wonwoo lifted her slightly so she stood on His feet and he guided them in small circles holding her one hand and supporting her close to him with his other.

Kijoon couldn’t help the girly flustered smile on her face. She could hear the hushed whispers from across the room. One of the workers hitched their thumb up towards the guys behind the counter who nodded. The music grew louder leading Wonwoo to look around at the cafe. Four workers stood side by side. The three girls from behind the counter waved hiding behind one another and blushing while their make co-worker rolled his eyes. Wonwoo laughed quietly returning his attention to Kijoon.

Wonwoo whispered, "I love you." Kijoon's smile faded slightly, "hmm?" Wonwoo asked rubbing her back with his hand.

"Let's stop." Kijoon said hiding her face away. She was reminded of what she had to discuss with Wonwoo. She stepped down from standing on Wonwoo’s toes decreasing her height and stumbled around finding her chair. A new song was coming on making Wonwoo sigh a little sitting down across from Kijoon.

“What’s wrong?” He asked petting her arm gently. Kijoon retracted away from him giving Wonwoo a sinking feeling.

Kijoon didn’t look up, “Don’t be mad at me.” This immediately tensed Wonwoo into an angry mood. “You know I love you...” She started slowly, Wonwoo bit his tongue inside of his mouth not liking where the conversation was going, “But I kissed Mingyu.” Wonwoo shook his head taking in the information,

“You kissed him or he kissed you?” Wonwoo closed his eyes trying his best to not get angry. Kijoon winced slightly to herself,

“He kissed me.” She heard Wonwoo take in a breath to let out his angry in some sort of argument with her, “But I asked him too.” She added on the end. Wonwoo’s eyes shot open. They showed a sense of rage that he wanted to release, but Kijoon could see behind that there was heartbreak and distress. As if to make matters worse for Wonwoo, Kijoon continued, “I love him too. I’m just not sure where he fits on the scale. I don’t mean to tell you this because I’m trying to hurt you, I just want-“

“Where he fits on the scale, Kijoon? Where do I fit on this scale? You just cheated on me with my best friend, and I’m supposed to not be mad at you. He agreed to it as well, tell me how I’m not supposed to be mad!” Wonwoo kept his face low so that the girls behind the counter wouldn’t hear and make a fuss.

Kijoon swallowed deeply trying not to look directly in Wonwoo’s eyes, “I’m sorry. I love you, Wonwoo. Please don’t be mad. I don’t know what I’m feeling right now.” Wonwoo covered his face trying to exhale his bad emotions.

He looked through his fingers at Kijoon, “I want to break up.” Kijoon choked on nothing with wide eyes,

“W-what?”

“We’re breaking up. I don’t want to be with you.” Wonwoo said simply. Kijoon let out empty words of confusion. “I do the smallest thing wrong and we fight about it and you’ll dump me within a split second, but now you confess to cheating on me with Mingyu and I can’t break up with you because of that?” Wonwoo’s voice was starting to rise.

“I love you.” Kijoon cried,

“Save it for Mingyu.” Wonwoo said holding a hand to her face. Kijoon caught Wonwoo’s arm,

“I love you, I mean it.” She said coming closer to him. Wonwoo stood where he was trying not to draw attention to himself.

“Then why? Why do we fight constantly? Why did you cheat on me? Why do you put me through these things? Because if this is how you show that you love me I can’t take it. I won’t take it. You’re hurting me.” Wonwoo dug a finger into his chest pointing to himself.

Kijoon whimpered slightly before piping up, “Just listen to me. Just once.” Wonwoo crossed his arms, he wasn’t going to give her a long time to explain herself; he was surprised he was giving her any at all. “A while ago Mingyu told me he still loved me, confessing other things with it. Because of that I couldn’t help think about everything that happened with the three of us. I was trying to sort out my emotions on the situation and came to a conclusion that I love you both.” Wonwoo was already rejecting the idea.

“Listen!” Kijoon yelled while he walked away. Wonwoo started walking backwards towards the door.

“To what? This is pathetic. I’m wasting time on some girl who can’t get her hormones straight.” He retorted. The cafe was silent now and the workers had all awkwardly disappeared.

“I don’t love you both the same way.” Kijoon tried to explain through hiccupping tears. “I love you more than Mingyu.” She ran up to him stopping him from opening the door and leaving. “I love you more than him.” She cried hanging onto the back of his shirt.

Wonwoo turned around catching Kijoon into his chest. His hands grip onto her hair hard as he kissed her cheeks and lips. “You piss me off so much.” He growled feeling Kijoon cry holding him as he kissed her some more. “But I still love you.” He said crushing her into a hug and holding his lips to her head.


A/N: Here we go again, okay?