Ch38: Lovers Don't Fight Like We Do

Between Me and You

Mingyu felt his heart stop in his chest. “I choose you, Mingyu.” Kijoon repeated hanging her head lightly, “I need to go or else my teacher will get mad. I’ll see you at lunch.” Kijoon stalked away rapidly while Mingyu walked the other way to his class. He was frazzled at first but when he sat down tears started flowing like there was no tomorrow.

Everyone around the classroom stared blankly at Mingyu crying into his school uniform. He couldn’t contain how he felt right now. Kijoon chose him after going back to Wonwoo time after time, fight after fight. It was set now; Kijoon loved him more than she did Wonwoo and even went to the extent of choosing him over his friend.

Mingyu’s large hands dragged along his face as he calmed down actually beginning to listen to his lecture. He was copying notes but wasn’t retaining any of the information; he was too busy being conflicted with emotions. On one end of the scale he was over the moon because Kijoon had finally told him that she loved him, but on the other end he was deeper than the Marianas Trench because Kijoon had finally told him she loved him. Where did that put Wonwoo? Mingyu only hoped Wonwoo kept his promise that he would accept Kijoon’s decision and not be upset.

---

“I’ll tell him.” Mingyu offered picking Kijoon up from her math class. Kijoon rejected Mingyu’s offer,

“No I have to. After my blow out, I owe him something.” Mingyu nodded following behind Kijoon to her locker.

“Do you want me to come?” Kijoon shook her head exchanging the books in her bag.

“No, we’re just going to end up fighting, and I don’t want him to take it out on you. Go be with your friends today, I’ll catch you later.” Mingyu wrapped her in a tight hug before letting her go. He had a feeling it wasn’t the best idea to let Kijoon face Wonwoo alone but if she wanted too then he’d let her.

Kijoon scavenged around the school looking for Wonwoo. She looked in every place he frequently visited, but there was no sign of him there. She had even asked a couple of his friends if they’d seen him, but they had all seemed to lose him after class ended.

Vibrations tickled Kijoon’s thigh. She pulled out her phone opening the text message she received, “Heard you’re looking for me. I’m out at the tree you read your love letter at.” Kijoon tensed up switching her direction around.

Wonwoo sat patiently tearing pieces of grass from the ground and creating a pile with it. Kijoon stood in front of him. “Come sit.” He said with a small smile, unaware of the news he was going to hear. When she didn’t sit with him he decided to apologize much like Mingyu’s that morning, “I’m sorry for making you feel bad. I remember how I felt like a toy when you dumped me and we got back together.” He smiled slightly thinking back to the letter Kijoon read out to him.

Kijoon stood shaking in front of Wonwoo. She wasn’t ready to be yelled at again, she didn’t want to lose him as a friend over this decision. “I have something important to tell you.” She said in an uneven tone. Wonwoo looked up expressionless, but Kijoon could see his heart showing through his pupils. “I’ve chosen Mingyu.”

Wonwoo kept his facial expression as the nothingness it was before, but internally he split in half. “I’m sorry.” Kijoon croaked awkwardly, taking a step back. “I really am.”

“Do you not love me anymore?” Wonwoo asked breaking his stern gaze.

“No, I do. But now that I’ve categorized my feelings, I think its better that we are apart. My feelings are stronger for Mingyu.” Wonwoo pushed himself off the ground.

“But you love me still?” He said taking a single step closer. Kijoon nodded keeping her place. “Then kiss me, remember that you love me more than him.” Kijoon put her hands up walking backwards away from the boy. Wonwoo cupped her face before she could leave and kissed her forcefully. Kijoon shoved him off making him tumble to the ground.

Kijoon wiped with the back of her hand and screamed, “You’re supposed to respect and accept my decision. You promised.” Wonwoo panted on the ground watching Kijoon have a mental breakdown in front of him. “Don’t kiss me anymore. I don’t want you to.”

“Why him over me?”

“I can’t be in a relationship with someone I only argue with. I can’t be in love with you and be afraid you are going to walk away. You don’t take care of me the same way, you don’t love me the same way. Mingyu has this way of knowing me that you’ve never cared to learn and he keeps me happy.” Kijoon explained emphasizing specific words.

Wonwoo yelled back in response, “Were you ever happy when you were with me?” Kijoon shook her head,

“Not happy enough. I need someone to love me unconditionally, not get angry every time I act stupid or screw up. I’m not perfect Wonwoo.”

“You are to me.”

“I don’t want to be. Because perfect makes you angry, it makes you mad at me. It makes us fight constantly. I don’t want to be with you. I want to be with Mingyu, understand that please.” Kijoon begged, “Because I’d rather be angry with you than lose Mingyu. He stayed the whole night outside my apartment, did you know that?” Wonwoo eased up slightly, “He sought me out this morning and even told me he wouldn’t care if I picked you. He cares more than you ever did. So, I’m sorry that I don’t want to be with you anymore, but this is better for me and I hope you find it better for yourself.”

Kijoon dashed away not waiting for any acceptance. Wonwoo couldn’t pull himself to cry. He didn’t know what to feel. The girl that he loved, the girl that read him her love letter to him under this very tree he was sitting under just crushed his heart for the third time in all his knowing of her. Wonwoo fisted at the ground in frustration. The only thing that stuck out in his mind was, “How can lovers fight?”


*A/N: Attention those who actually read my Author's Notes!

This story only has another chapter (Booo!) I'm sorry for the ending being such crap, honestly. I don't know what I was thinking writing the end like this. 

On a happier note I will have more Seventeen Stories to come! One will be composed of One Shots and Drabbles within the group ( for those who want it. I want it! lolwhat?) and the other one is a Soonyoung based (With a little bit of EXO's Kris Wu all up in there, because I'm a huge Exotic as well).

I only have the forewards up. Please don't expect the two to be updates nearly as fast as this story. I'm still in the process in writing them where as this was already finished before I started posting. 

One Shots and Drabbles Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/524005

(Soonyoung Based) Happy Endings Institute Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/524019 *Rated M for sensitive themes like abuse and ual relations. NO ! I REPEAT NO ! ITS NOT GUYS! ITS NOT RATED M FOR !*