Ch12: How About No.

Between Me and You

Kijoon opened the door to Wonwoo's smiling face. Her tears had dried and she couldn’t bring herself to cry anymore. Her eyes stung and her lips were locked in a semi permanent frown.

Wonwoo hugged her tightly around the head only to be pushed away. "What are you doing here?" Kijoon spat in a rather hurtful tone. Wonwoo's smile proceeded to stay on his face though it seemed less bright than when she first opened the door.

"I talked to Mingyu. He said he'd be fine with us together. Actually, he said he'd rather us together than you alone." Wonwoo opened his arms warmly waiting for Kijoon to come back into them, but instead she scowled. In Wonwoo's mind watching Kijoon scowl him was something he should be afraid of.

"No." Kijoon said simply leaving the door open for Wonwoo to follow her in. His smile had been ripped from his face.

"What do you mean 'no'? I can give you time if you need time." Wonwoo followed Kijoon around her apartment like a lost puppy.

"No as in, no I'm not going to get in a relationship with you." Kijoon hissed carrying on her previous business. Wonwoo furrowed his eyebrows.

"Did I miss something? I’m pretty sure, and correct me if I'm wrong, you confessed to me just over an hour ago." an irritated tone teased Wonwoo's voice as he gestured towards the sofa in the living room. "You couldn't have changed your feelings in that short amount of time."

Kijoon snapped her head in Wonwoo's direction and barked, "You left me!" She wanted to cry but had cried every last drop when Wonwoo left. "How can I get into a relationship with someone who just left me after seeing I was in a horrible state?" She whimpered lightly turning her back to Wonwoo and covering her face.

The sound of Kijoon's raspy broken voice eased Wonwoo's facial expression and voice. "You didn’t tell me you wanted me to stay. Or if you did it wasn’t evident." Kijoon tossed her arms in the air,

"Did you really need an invitation? Did you not notice how I was?" Kijoon's bottom lip quivered.

"I was caught up in the moment. I didn’t want to just throw away my friendship with Mingyu because I have feelings for you."

"So I'm second place now?" Kijoon croaked breaking down into dry tears.

"No! No, that’s not what I meant!" Wonwoo got on his knees in front of Kijoon pulling her hair back. "Listen to me Kijoonie,"

Kijoon ran to her room locking the door behind her. "Tell it to someone who cares." She screamed banging on the door.

"This is exactly like before Kijoon! Listen to me." Wonwoo yelled with the door blocking the way. Kijoon flattened a finger on her CD player playing the song that reminded her of Wonwoo. She continued to raise the volume until she couldn't hear Wonwoo's persistent yells from the other side of the door.

Wonwoo paced back and forth ripping out his hair. Kijoon could be so stubborn and it was to the point Wonwoo didn’t know if he wanted to kiss her to shut up or strangle her to death. He ruffled the back of his hair noticing paper and a pen on the nearby table.

Quickly Wonwoo picked up the pen and scribbled down on the piece of paper. He slid it under the door and lay back on the couch listening to the familiar song.

---

"Kijoon. We're home!" Hana yelled with her little brother, Pyojoon following close behind. She groaned loudly hearing the extremely loud music from Kijoon's room. "Why are you so noisy?!" she screamed dropping her school bag on the ground and walking into the living room.

Wonwoo was completely knocked out on the couch. Hana took a minute to realize who it was since half his face was completely covered by his long hair. She sighed walking to Kijoon's room and trying to turn the door handle. When she found it wouldn’t open she reached above the doorframe for the key. "You think with how often he's over he'd know where the key is." she muttered under her breath.

Hana threw the door open to her sister curled up in a ball on her bed half asleep. Hana tore the plug from the outlet. "Why do you have to play your music so loud?!" she yelled not noticing how quiet the room had become when she turned off the music. She coughed awkwardly, "Wonwoo's sleeping on the couch. Mom's going to be mad if she finds him sleeping there when she gets home."

Hana flicked her hair over her shoulder before exiting the room. Kijoon noticed a small yellow piece of paper on the ground. She crawled over to it and tried to make out the messy writing.

'I won't leave you this time. Come out when you'll listen to me.'

Kijoon bit her lip peeping her head out of her room. She kinked it to the right to see Wonwoo sitting up straight talking with Pyojoon. His hair was standing up at the back where he had been sleeping on it. Kijoon smiled taking a small step out of her room.

"Why are you sleeping on our couch?" Wonwoo laughed slightly to himself.

"I'm waiting for your sister to come out of her room. Pyojoon lifted his head trying to comprehend the situation.

"Do you like my sister?" Pyojoon drew circles on the table in front of him. Wonwoo hummed a yes then brought his index finger to his lips,

"But don't tell anyone just yet." he whispered, "I don’t know if she likes me just yet. Your sister is a little confusing."

Pyojoon rest his arms on the top of the couch, "Tell her. That’s what I do when I like a girl." Wonwoo raised an eye brow smirking. "Trust me, she likes you. She always draws hearts and stuff that means she likes you." Intrigued with Pyojoon's relationship skills Wonwoo pressed for more. "Did you know that Kijoon sleeps with a giant stuffed animal? She calls it mugsy."

Kijoon interrupted Pyojoon's secret spilling, "Wonwoo, you should go home." She glared heavily at Pyojoon who got up and scampered into the kitchen.

"Are you going to listen to me first?" Kijoon shook her head, "Then I guess I'll have to stay. I'm not letting you penalize me for not staying when you won't listen to anything I'm trying to stay." Kijoon bit the inside of her cheek.

"My parents are going to be home any second. You should go home." Kijoon ground her top jaw into her bottom. Wonwoo kicked up his feet and folded his hands behind his head. Kijoon stomped her way over to him. "You need to leave." she growled balling her fists in frustration.

"You need to listen,"

"Kijoon! What's for supper?" Kijoon closed her eyes looking at the time. It was already seven in the evening.

"Have whatever Pyojoon. Mom will be home soon, she called earlier saying to eat whatever we want." Kijoon turned her attention to Wonwoo, "Go home."

The front door hit the back wall while Kijoon's mom stumbled with her bags. "Did you guys eat?" she breathed heavily, "Wonwoo's here? How are you doing?" Wonwoo waved politely behind Kijoon. He stood up brushing off his uniform pants that he still happened to be wearing.

"Hey, mom. I have a question." Kijoon's mother stacked her bags in the corner, nodding for him to carry on. "Could I stay the night here? My parents aren't home tonight, I was originally going to stay at Mingyu's but I'm already here."

Kijoon stood with agape listening to Wonwoo blatantly lie to her mother. "If you have your stuff and don't mind sleeping on the couch sure." Kijoon clawed at her hair storming back into her room knowing that Wonwoo's devilish smile was following her.