Ch35: Holding Back

Between Me and You

“And no matter who she picks we are still bros?” Mingyu said holding out a hand to Wonwoo. Wonwoo agreed with a game face on. “Then its set now is a matter of stealing her heart.” Mingyu confirmed shaking Wonwoo’s hand firmly.

“She’s already told me she loves me more than you, you know that right?” Wonwoo said in a cocky sort of tone. Mingyu nodded letting go of the other’s hand. “And she is my girlfriend, so I’ve technically already won.” Mingyu gave a small puff of air pursing his lips together.

“Tell her to put your relationship on hold. Let her decide over the next week who she wants to be with.” He said before turning to walk off. Wonwoo’s mood turned bitter with Mingyu’s last remark. Did he really think he could just whisk Kijoon away from him? If he did he was greatly mistaken.

Wonwoo sneered at his younger, “How will we know who she picks?” He mocked Mingyu with his words staring at the other’s back.

“You’ll know.”

---

Kijoon felt bad. She didn’t mean to lie to Wonwoo the way she did. She just couldn’t stand him leaving her again. Her head hit against the wall, “Why did I tell him I love him more?” She moaned to herself closing her eyes, “I don’t even know if I do.”

“Kijoon! Mom wants you!” Hana screamed walking through the middle of the apartment. Kijoon inhaled deeply making sure to exhale slow. “Kijoon now!” She hollered annoyingly. Kijoon rolled her eyes slugging out of her room to her mother’s assistance.

Her mom was cooking dinner. Cut up vegetables were spread all along the counter space. “Finish making dinner.” She demanded pulling the apron from her waist and throwing it over Kijoon’s face. Kijoon whined and complained. “Do it or your grounded.” She didn’t understand why Hana didn’t have to do chores around the house.

Lazily Kijoon threw everything into a pot putting whatever mixes and spices she pleased. She heard her mother leave for her meeting without saying goodbye. “Hana!” Kijoon yelled calling her younger sister, “Is dad home?” Hana shook her head concentrating more on the game she was playing on her iPod than her sister. Kijoon nodded her head not caring if Hana acknowledged it or not.

Dinner was ready and set on the table with four plates and mats put out on the table. Kijoon looked at her watch, “Wonwoo’s coming over” She rang through the house. As if it was on some signal the doorbell rang and Wonwoo smiled at her. “Thanks for helping me babysit.” Kijoon smiled  moving in to peck his lips, but quickly pulling away and seating him at the table. This whole ‘relationship on hold’ thing was really going to throw her off.

“Oh that’s what we’re doing.” Wonwoo teased sitting across from Pyojoon who snarled grossed out by the couple. “How you doing little bud?”  Pyojoon slumped onto his hand shrugging, “Hey, hey, hey. What’s wrong?”

“My girlfriend broke up with me today.” He muttered pushing his food around on his plate. Kijoon bit her lip laughing.

“You’re like two years old!” Hana shouted hitting him over the head, “Even I don’t have a boyfriend.”

Kijoon laughed, “You don’t want one.” Wonwoo sighed looking at her with his signature ‘really now?’ look. “It’s true.” She added slipping food into . “Pyojoon eat.” She said gesturing with her fork.

“But I’m heartbroken!” He said draping his body over his chair.

“But you’re ten!” Wonwoo said trying not to laugh. “Trust me, there will be many other girls for you to date. You just have to find the right one.” Pyojoon raised an eyebrow suspiciously at Wonwoo,

“And you picked her?” He pointed with his mouth slightly open. Kijoon stood up reaching over the table and hit him on top of the head. “See look what she does to me! You need a nice girl.”

Wonwoo laughed watching Kijoon sink into her seat, eyes burning with hatred. “No, I think I like your sister the way she is.” He comforted rubbing her leg with his left hand. Kijoon eased up slowly returning to her meal.

Dinner ended swiftly and Pyojoon and Hana had cleared their plates from the table disappearing into their separate rooms. Wonwoo pulled the dishes from Kijoon’s hands placing them down in the sink and turning around. “You won’t even kiss me once?” He asked folding his arms behind her back. Wonwoo puckered his lips only to have Kijoon’s hand meet them.

“That’s what putting our relationship on hold does.” She said slightly annoyed by the thought, “I feel like we broke up but really it’s like some abstinence mission.” She scrunched up her face looking straight at Wonwoo’s collarbones. Kijoon sighed mentally gritting her teeth.

Wonwoo bopped her head with his own, “Hey, don’t do that.” He said tilting her head up, “If I stared at your chest you’d get mad at me.” Kijoon tried to make a frustrated face but ended up laughing.

Their relationship was awkward now that their skin ship was limited. Wonwoo still held Kijoon the same way but refraining from kissing her was something he was not very used to. His head was nesting by her neck and he was being cradled by her arms. Just one, he told himself hovering breath over her neck. When Kijoon didn’t pull away Wonwoo hooked onto her neck.

Kijoon melted into Wonwoo for a moment then her eyes shot open and she pushed him off. “Mingyu,” She warned making him keep his distance.

“What does Mingyu matter? You love me and I you, so why won’t you let me kiss you?” Wonwoo whined taking Kijoon’s arms and pulling her closer.

“I can’t Wonwoo. I promised him.” She said tugging away from his grip and walking away. She could hear Wonwoo’s footsteps trailing after hers. “No, Wonwoo.” Kijoon said sternly when Wonwoo pinned her up against the wall.

His lips were close to hers. Wonwoo could feel Kijoon pulling away from him hesitantly, “Just one.” He gasped over her lips. Kijoon turned her head making his lips touch her cheek. “Why?” Wonwoo was growing impatient and tired of Kijoon’s rejection. “Why did you have to tell him you were in love with him as well? Why couldn’t you just be in love with me?” Kijoon pushed him away staying with her back against the wall. “What happened to loving me more than him?” He yelled hitting his hand above her head.

Kijoon ducked down slightly reacting on impulse, “I lied.”


A/N: I noticed I rush the ending in the last four chapter, so I'm very sorry if it doesn't make sense or if it seems like a lot of stuff is happening in a short period of time. If you need explaining, comment and I'll try my best! :$