Ch32: Childish Decisions

Between Me and You

Kijoon shoved her plate away ashamed in herself, "How could I love both of them?" she wept into her arms. Kyungjoo sighed heavily. He knew something like this would happen. "What am I supposed to do? I don’t understand." Kyungjoo thought to himself before giving a proper response.

"Stay with Wonwoo for now."Kyungjoo replies honestly. He pat Kijoon's arm for comfort, "You know you love him. But don’t keep this a secret or your relationship will crumble. You should let them both know your feelings before everything gets twisted and someone ends up hurt again." Kijoon nodded sniffling quietly.

"I-I guess I should do." she stuttered with a hiccupped breathe handing over thirty dollars, "Keep the change for our therapy session." she smiled weakly earning Kyungjoo's head shake. He faded the money in her hand,

"Take it and get yourself home. I got the tab." Kijoon struggled to smile again hugging him tightly.

Kijoon had a peaceful walk. Well, peaceful in a sense that no one bothered her. She got looks every now and them from people that passed her, but no one dared interact with her. Kijoon swore she could feel the veins in her forehead and that was something that was not normal.

Mingyu and Wonwoo were spinning through Kijoon's head like she was riding a carousel. All she could think about was what she loved about both of them. She was naming past moments without any rhyme or reason.

"What are you doing?" Kijoon laid face up to the sun with her eyes locked on the clouded sky. Wonwoo popped his head over hers casting a giant shadow to the side of them.

"I *was* watching clouds burst." Wonwoo looked up at the sky dazed. He lay down beside her,

"How do clouds burst?"

"They just drift into nothing. Like that one there." Kijoon fluttered pointing her hand to the right over Wonwoo's chest. He tilted his hand to watch the cloud she had gestured towards.

It was so light and fluffy. Wonwoo could see the blue sky tearing through its cotton looking appearance. It was almost sad. The way the cloud dissipated into nothing in just a few seconds. "Do you like watching the clouds?" Wonwoo asked rolling his head to look at Kijoon's face.

She nodded closing her eyes dreamily, "It's like watching the sky rip every blemish from itself so the sun can peek through. It’s starting new and refreshing itself so it can have a clear happy view of the world." Wonwoo smiled looking back up at the sky,

"You know what I like to watch?" he asked closing his eyes to match Kijoon. She hummed asking him to go on. "You." Kijoon looked at him with his eyes closed. She noticed him open one of his eyes slightly to see what her reaction was. Kijoon rolled her eyes and lay down on his stomach. "I also like watching Disney movies." Kijoon couldn’t help the laugh that escaped her lips while she playfully hit Wonwoo's chest.

---

Mingyu was ... Weird. Or at least he was in Kijoon's mind. Late at night, at about eleven o'clock she received a very peculiar text from Mingyu.

'Dress up in the nicest things you have tomorrow, for our lunch date' it said leaving Kijoon to reply with the obvious question 'why?' Mingyu told her it was a surprise which puzzled her more, but she left it at that.

Kijoon was sure to give herself extra time to prepare. A small butterfly stirred in her stomach, it was in her mind she believed she was getting ready for a fancy date, but she was sure not to get her hopes up. Mingyu rang the doorbell as Kijoon fumbled her lat earring on. "Hey," he smiled kissing her hello.

Taking a step back Kijoon took a look at Mingyu. He wore dress pants with a black dress shirt. He stuck a small pose allowing a 360 view. Kijoon laughed doing the same as Mingyu spun his finger in the air. "So where are we going? Because I don’t want to wear heels unless it’s really special." Mingyu smiled shaking his head,

"I guess your sneakers will be fine, I don’t think many people will care where we are going anyways. But you have to trust me, okay?" he asked taking her hand. Kijoon nodded chewing on the end of her index finger from the opposite hand.

The couple walked two blocks without stopping, and Kijoon was excessively groaning on because Mingyu wouldn’t tell her their date destination. "Close your eyes and I'll guide you the last little bit." Kijoon agreed sliding her eyelids closed slowly. Mingyu walked backwards leading her in several straight lines for less than five minutes. "We're here." Mingyu bit back a goofy smile leading Kijoon through a door.

The familiar smell of McDonald's fast food attacked Kijoon's senses. Her eyes shot open and she had a slight horrified look on her face. She punched Mingyu in the arm, "You got me all dressed up to come to come to McDonald's?!" Mingyu held her arms to stop her vicious hitting. He kissed her softly making her smile then dragged her to the second floor of the fast-food place.

The upstairs section was completely blocked off from any entrance but Mingyu still proceeded forward. He unlocked the door that said 'do not enter' and flicked a small light switch on the wall. Little lights blinked like stars covering the whole room. Kijoon took a step away from his amazed by the large room. It felt surreal. She didn’t feel like she was standing in the top of a fast-food restaurant.

Kijoon's eyes set on a small table set on the ground. She kneeled down at it welcoming Mingyu to sit across from her. In front of her was a small chicken nugget box with a sticky note on top saying 'surprise'. "Like it?" Mingyu asked full of hope. His eyes twinkled like the lights behind him. Kijoon pulled a nugget from her box and took a bit melting into the taste she knew was so unhealthy.

"Oh yeah," she said stretching her legs out in front of her and looking all around the room.

The two spent the whole afternoon looking up at the small lights and talking in the dark.

Kijoon didn’t know why she recalled on these memories so vividly, but to her they stuck out like a sore thumb. She pulled out her phone going to text Wonwoo. She clicked his contact groaning, "Grounded." she closed the conversation noticing Mingyu's following right after.

The idea really shouldn't have come to Kijoon's mind, but with her mixed emotions she knew she had to do something. She texted Mingyu to meet her at her house as soon as possible. "I'll tell him I love him." Kijoon said nodding to herself, "but that I also love Wonwoo." She took a deep breath falling back onto her bed, "I have to do it, this is a good idea." she convinced herself with a doubt eating at the back of her head.


A/N: So I guess I missed yesterday's update? Sorry :$ I'm updating this late.