Ch14: A Little Taste of Heaven

Between Me and You

"The moon is winking at us." Kijoon had her head thrown back staring far up into the sky while walking.

"Put your head down, you're going to hurt yourself." Wonwoo held her hand tightly tugging her head straight. Kijoon pouted her bottom lip. "I’m going to fail my Biology test. I didn’t prepare for it at all." Wonwoo said turning the last corner into the school yard.

"I have a math test second period." Kijoon groaned. Wonwoo hummed at their common misfortune. He rounded to Kijoon's locker while she piled new books into her bag.

"Wish me luck?" Wonwoo said closing his arms around Kijoon before she had a chance to leave.

"Mmm, luck." Kijoon laughed prying Wonwoo's arms from around her running to her first class.

First period could not have passed faster. Kijoon tried her hardest to drag out the morning but her math test was closing in by the second. She frowned looking at her watch. The bell rang right on time.

Kijoon stomped her feet childishly slugging off to the third floor. She took her seat in the middle of the class. She sighed pulling out her pencil case and placing it in the top corner of her desk. The bell rang once again and Kijoon closed her eyes painfully.

"Professor!" The entire class looked to the door. Wonwoo stood out of breathe half hunched over. "I need to speak with Kijoon." Wonwoo regained his posture standing against the doorframe.

"Can it not wait until next period? We are about to start a test." Wonwoo shook his head violently. "Kijoon," Her professor called. Kijoon stood up from her seat, "You may leave the class to speak to Mr Jeon, but you will not be granted extra time on the test." Kijoon nodded to her teacher and shooed Wonwoo with her hands sitting back in her seat.

"Kijoon!" Wonwoo whispered harshly at the door with pleading hands. Kijoon shook her head straightening out her test papers.

"Okay class, books and binders away. We are going-" Wonwoo ran into the classroom before the professor could reach the front.

He ran to Kijoon's desk crouching down to kiss her forcefully. His lips crashed with hers in his rush to kiss her before getting yelled at. Kijoon's hands fled up right behind his head as she flinched. Her eyes eased closed just before Wonwoo pulled away. He leaned down to her ear, "Good luck." he laughed; Kijoon could practically hear the smirk on his face.

She was frozen while Wonwoo skipped back to the door he entered through. Only her head and eyes turned to watch him giddily turn back towards the mass of people sitting with their mouths open. "Mrs." He said bowing his head to the professor, "Class." He winked running down the hall to his next class.

Kijoon sat with her hands raised in her default shock position. She caught her bottom lip between her teeth and covered her face sinking into her seat.

"Now that that is over, you may begin your tests. Kijoon, you need to serve lunch detention with Wonwoo." Kijoon's eyes widened confused, "Public displays of affectionate aren't prohibited in a classroom environment." Kijoon let her head fall against the wooden top of her desk. Her cheeks turned tomato red in embarrassment.

Kijoon cursed Wonwoo under her breathe, but couldn’t help the small smile breaking through her thoughts. Her lips tugged towards her ears while she began her test. Answers were flying from the tip of her pencil. For some reason she felt as though this test was the easiest one all semester. Handing her test in before half the class made her feel accomplished but also slightly worried about how her mark would come out.

Kijoon popped her ear buds in and started up her music looking around the classroom. Kijoon’s headphones provided perfect background music for her real life scenarios. Her head swivelled around scanning the room. She turned until she saw Joheun looking up towards her. She smiled and waved, but did not receive either back.

Joheun’s eyes pierced into Kijoon digging holes into her skin. Kijoon’s smile faded quickly as she looked down at her empty desk. She found it weird that Joheun did not respond pleasantly to her gestures. Joheun was usually the bubbly type that was always excited about everything.

Slightly hurt and confused, Kijoon traced circles onto her desk looking over her shoulder occasionally at Joheun. No matter how she looked over, or how long she waited to turn her head Joheun was watching her and it set Kijoon off on an uneasy path.

Finally the bell rang and Kijoon sprung up from her seat then sat back down slumping. Detention. Her fingers drummed her desk top unamused while she waited for Wonwoo to come pick her up. She glared towards the doorway counting down the seconds until Wonwoo came.

“Let’s go!” Kijoon head Wonwoo call swinging himself into the room. Wonwoo furrowed his eyebrows seeing Kijoon still in her desk. She pointed to her teacher’s desk, “What?”

“Detention.” Kijoon grumbled pushing her face into her arms. Wonwoo stepped farther into the classroom,

“What did you do?” Kijoon sat with hung open,

“I think you mean what YOU did.” Wonwoo looked up thinking in his head, “No PDA during class you .” Wonwoo gave a cheesy smile,

“So does that mean-?” Kijoon’s professor nodded her head pointing down. Wonwoo griped finding an empty seat beside Kijoon. 


A/N: Just like to tell you all, I've finished writing this story, but I'm still going to be posting every other day just for the fun of it. There's 39 chapters in total!

Happy reading, Ship on.

-Aurelia