Ch36: Turn To You

Between Me and You

“What do you mean you lied?” Wonwoo asked backing away from Kijoon.

“I didn’t want you to leave me.” She said shaking her head, “I don’t know who I love more right now. That’s why I agreed to that stupid hold on our relationship.” Wonwoo tried to make sense of what Kijoon was telling him,

“Then take the hold off. Go back to loving me. Tell Mingyu that it’s over.” He said urging Kijoon forward. Kijoon shook her head,

“I can’t.” Wonwoo stared at her intently, “I honestly don’t know if I love you more than him.” Wonwoo closed his eyes tightly before pushing away from the wall. He walked to the door silently putting on his shoes, “Where are you going?” Kijoon had some worrisome tone in her voice.

Wonwoo turned to look at her pointing a finger in her direction, “You figure out you’re fricken feelings because I don’t want to get hurt again.”

The door slammed behind him as he left. Kijoon continued to look at the closed door angry. She couldn’t tell what exactly she was feeling. She was being honest, didn’t that account for anything?

---

“Mingyu?” Kijoon cried into the phone. Mingyu hummed back, “Can you come over? Wonwoo and I got in a fight.”  Mingyu agreed and came on his way. Kijoon fixed her face ridding it of any and all makeup that had smudged from her frustrated tears.

Mingyu walked in without giving Kijoon notice. “Oh, Joonie.” He said pulling her into a hug when he saw her facing her mirror wiping her face. Kijoon wrapped her arms back around him. “What was it this time?” He pet through her hair bringing her to sit in his lap on the ground.

She turned to face him with her head on his shoulder. “He’s being all angry because I told him I lied.” Mingyu rubbed up and down her back in a soothing way.

“Lied about what?”

“I told him I loved him more than you.” Mingyu paused slightly thinking then returning back to rubbing Kijoon’s back.

“So then you love me more than him?” He asked full of hope. Kijoon shook her head against his shoulder, and then sat up straight to see Mingyu’s face.

“Please don’t be mad at me too. I just don’t know what to do.” Her voice was breaking into a whine so Mingyu hushed her pushing her head back down to his shoulder. “I don’t like doing this. How am I supposed to know who to pick?”

Mingyu’s chest rose and fell with Kijoon laying on it. He tilted his head around to see her face. “I know this is hard, Joonie. I won’t pressure you anymore than you already are.” Kijoon closed her eyes tiredly on his chest. “Can you smile?” He said gazing at her tear stained cheeks. Kijoon didn’t show any sign of movement, “Joonie, smile.” Mingyu poked her cheek with his finger. “Joonie.” He whispered, “Smile.”

Kijoon hid her face in Mingyu’s shirt trying not to smile at him. “I’m trying to be upset.” She grumbled into the fabric of his shirt. He could feel the heat from her breath sink though. Mingyu laughed to himself. “Are you ever going to leave me?” Kijoon asked getting very serious.

Mingyu furrowed his eyebrows looking at Kijoon pull away from him, “Why would I do that?” His hands found their way to the exposed part of her back from her shirt rolling over.

Kijoon had to admit to herself that she was too emotional. She couldn’t stop the tears from welling up in her eyes again. Quickly she brushed then away and took deep breaths calming herself down. Stop crying. She thought to herself, “If I pick Wonwoo?” Mingyu shook his head slowly, “Promise?”

Firm hands held Kijoon’s cheeks. Mingyu blocked her vision from all other surroundings and locked it on himself. “Look at me.” Kijoon blinked a response, “Now listen, I’m never going to leave you. Not unless you tell me to, just be happy with the decision you make and I’ll be happy for and with you.” Kijoon distracted herself as much as she could so her eyes wouldn’t haze over in tears again.

She looked at every aspect of Mingyu’s face except for his eyes. His hair fell perfectly just over his eyebrows and was tousled over the top in a cute fashion. His ears only peaked a tiny bit from the black hair overlaying them. His lips were dry from the cool weather that they’d been experiencing lately. His cheeks-“Kijoon, look at me.”

Kijoon’s eyes absentmindedly locked with Mingyu’s. “Kijoonie, I love you and I’m not going to leave you or fight you or do anything that will hurt you anymore. I promise.”

She let herself slip. She fell right into Mingyu. Kijoon didn’t have a thought let alone a second about kissing Mingyu at that moment. Her body pressed forward pushing Mingyu tighter up against the wall gently. She didn’t know what had come over her, and she didn’t know if she was enjoying it or not.

Both of them had forgotten about the ‘game’ between Wonwoo and Mingyu for a moment. They didn’t want to ruin the feeling they were having.

“So you’ll kiss him but not me?” Wonwoo bit standing in the doorway with his arms crossed leaning up against the doorframe. Kijoon whipped her head around,

“You came back.”

Wonwoo laughed slightly, “Right on time for the show too. You know, I feel like you just broke up with me in a way, but I guess you already did when you put our relationship on hold.” Wonwoo choked slightly when his voice started to break away from its firm sternness to a desperate cry for Kijoon’s heart. “Congratulations Mingyu, I didn’t think you’d be able to steal her away from me that quickly.”