Ch21: Square One

Between Me and You

Grudged up. That’s how Mingyu described Kijoon that day. She was a completely mess. Just barely showered with a mix of wet and dry hair thrown up in a bun that was sagging down her back. Her eyes were red and blood shot while bags hung down to her cheeks. "Morning," she yawned waving before smacked her head against the locker beside hers.

Her eyes were closed but she still managed to unlock her locker. Mingyu was shut out when the door opened in front of his face, "What's up with you?" he asked peeking his head around watching Kijoon groggily move stuff to and from her bag.

She yawned once again leaning up on her locker after closing her bag. "I spent all night working on this." she held up a square envelope in her hand. Mingyu took it from her hand looking at it carefully. He flipped it so he could see the back, "Nu uh uh." Kijoon hummed slipping it from his hands. "That’s for Wonwoo; you don’t get to see it."

Mingyu crossed his arms letting the locker door swing closed. He slung the lock over the socket and closed it. "Why can’t I read it?" Kijoon grabbed Mingyu's hand pulling herself off the ground,

"I want Wonwoo to be the first, and preferably the only, one to read it." Mingyu sneered. While Kijoon started walking with him. She turned around taking his hand and pulling him behind her. "I need you to open his locker for me." Mingyu struggled to keep a walking pace with Kijoon's rushing pace. She threw him to the locker "Go, open it." Mingyu raised an eyebrow, "pleaaase" Kijoon dragged out rolling her eyes.

Mingyu gave a small smirk spinning around Wonwoo's lock dial. Kijoon smiled gently slipping the note into his locker. Mingyu eyed the note before Kijoon shut the locker and slipped the lock back on. "Don’t read it."

Mingyu put up his hands laughing, "Okay, okay. I won’t." Kijoon pointed a finger trying not to smile back at him then turned her back to leave.

---

"You’re late." Kijoon pressed her lips together walking with her head down towards Wonwoo. "I’ve been waiting for you." Wonwoo patted the ground beside him for Kijoon to take a seat. He pulled the note from his pocket. The white paper had slight wrinkles but it was evident that it hadn’t been opened. Kijoon looked down at it wondering why he didn’t read it. "Mingyu told me you sent it."

Kijoon groaned internally. She assumed she was receiving rejection without even looking at the work she had put into the note. "Did you send it?" Kijoon nodded afraid to look up at Wonwoo. "Read it to me." Her head didn’t move but she looked up at him through her bangs.

"Why can’t you?" she snapped quickly then covered . Wonwoo put the note in her hand,

"I want to hear you read it to me." Kijoon bit her tongue sitting in front of Wonwoo. She scoffed taking the note aggressively ripping the back of the envelope open and tossing it aside. She read the beginning to herself while biting her bottom lip cursing what she wrote. "Mm, go on." Wonwoo tried not to laugh as Kijoon puffed out her cheeks.

"Sometimes when I'm blinded by the sun I think of you," Kijoon muttered quietly following the lines with her eyes.

"Sorry what?" Wonwoo teased. Kijoon stuck out her tongue. She sighed starting again.

"Sometimes when I'm blinded by the sun I think of you. Of the moment we met and your bright personality swallowed mine. We were so little then, I never would have thought we'd be in the situation we are now.

Sometimes when I sit on my bed I feel like you are there beside me from the dip you created by jumping far too often. Sometimes I’ll cry because I’ll remember all the yelling and crying that I’ve done because of you. But sometimes I’m giggle alone to myself because I remember that feeling that you put in my stomach when you grabbed my waist and swung me around.

I’d like to think that I’m better than a lot of people, but you always remind me I can learn from everyone. I think too much, and stress out over little things. I don’t know how to be happy when I’m alone or how to be spontaneous like you are. Despite every fault I have, you’ve always seen through.” Kijoon paused looking into her paper. Wonwoo looked down at her tilted hand then farther down until he saw her hand shaking slightly.

“I don’t like to remember bad things because I tend to draw them near myself, so I’m asking for you to forgive me at the least because I know how you feel. I don’t mean to push you away when bad things happen; it’s when I feel like I’m alone that I do. Being alone is what I’m used to dealing with even though it’s not all that great.

But recently when I’m alone I want to be loved, or at least that’s what I thought. That’s why I’m so affectionate towards you and Mingyu. You always reciprocate my gestures. It made me feel warm and happy, like it was something no one could take away.

I was hoping you didn’t notice back on our camping trip, but jealously took me whole when I saw you with Joheun. For once I was on the other side watching what I thought was someone I liked be with someone else. It annoyed me and Mingyu was always suspicious, I brushed it off like it didn’t happen, but when Mingyu and I broke up...

It was then that I saw that when I’m alone I just want to be loved by you.” Kijoon rubbed her thumb along the paper taking a deep breath. Before she could start again Wonwoo crawled closer to her. Kijoon didn’t realize he was so close to her until he whispered her name. She was wide eyed ready to pull her head away when Wonwoo grabbed the back of her neck and put their foreheads together.

“You’re kinda stupid.” He smiled hot breath hitting her lips. Kijoon could feel herself shrinking away when Wonwoo traced his thumb along her neck. “Forgiven.” He hummed tilting his head to kiss her lips.


A/N: I have three votes up?! OMG I LOVE YOU PEOPLE! Thank you for all the comments, and subs, and just reading. I didn't think this story would end up that popular!