Ch13: Yes.

Between Me and You

"Oh no don’t worry about dishes Wonwoo, go on into Kijoon's room and talk with her." Wonwoo smiled drying his hands and cracking the door open.

"Don’t." Kijoon roared not looking away from her laptop. Wonwoo let the door squeak as he opened it and closed it behind him. "No, get out. I’m mad at you." Wonwoo pouted his bottom lip blinking at Kijoon. "Out." she over exaggerated the pronunciation.

"Listen to me and then I will." Wonwoo crossed his legs and arms on her bed. Kijoon pushed her body up hulling Wonwoo towards the door. She couldn't push him past the edge of the bed. Wonwoo fixed his hands to both sides of her face, "Listen." Kijoon toppled over yelling into her pillow. She was starting to give up the fight. Wonwoo rolled his eyes.

When Kijoon had finally stopped yelling Wonwoo lay down beside her. "Can you breathe like that?" Kijoon's back rose and fell with her breaths, "Don’t say anything." Wonwoo faced the roof holding his hands together on his stomach.

"I know you told Mingyu that your relationship would have to be put second to our friendship, same goes for our relationship."

"We don’t have a relationship." Kijoon muffled into her pillow.

"I know, but I thought we were. When I went to Mingyu he gave me advice on how to keep you happy. If you had seen him you could tell he cried. Which you know very well is not like him." Kijoon turned her head slightly to breath fresh air,

"Did he really?" she asked quietly. Wonwoo nodded his head,

"He knows you so well. But he doesn’t know to what extent you are stubborn." Kijoon put her face back into her pillow. "Kijoonie listen, I left because I didn’t think it was right to leave the fully heartbroken one alone, he needed some type of closer, I know I would. You know I'll always come back for you. I always do." Wonwoo hugged her body close to his, "Are you going to forgive me?"

Kijoon stayed quiet all Wonwoo could hear was her breathing. He kissed her exposed ear. Kijoon brought her elbow and hand up flinching. Wonwoo kissed her cheek. "Kijoon, forgive me." He kissed her cheek again. "Kijoon." he kept repeating a pattern of singing her name and kissing her cheek. "Kijoon are you really not going to forgive me?" Wonwoo moved in to kiss her cheek when Kijoon turned her head kissing him quickly then covering her head with her arms. "Take that as a yes?"

Wonwoo heaved Kijoon's body on top of his. She let out a small yelp falling onto his chest. "Kijoon, do you still have your feelings for me?" Wonwoo trapped her body with his legs and held her face steady to look at him. Kijoon swallowed a lump in ; she couldn’t bring herself to answer. "Your eyes say yes," Wonwoo whispered looking from one eye to the other.

Kijoon blushed trying to pull herself away. She grunted being pulled back down by Wonwoo. He kissed her lips softly then placed their foreheads together, "Your lips say yes," he whispered again. Kijoon turn three shades darker in red. Wonwoo smiled, "Your cheeks say yes." Kijoon held Wonwoo's hands on her cheeks. "What do you say?"

Kijoon scooped her head down to kiss Wonwoo again. "Now will you date me?" Wonwoo asked lying Kijoon on her back. She only kissed him again feeling him smile.

"I told you she liked you." Kijoon broke away from Wonwoo looking towards her door. Pyojoon was standing with crossed arms in the partially open doorway. Kijoon chucked a pillow at him making him scram closing the door behind him. Wonwoo laughed rolling off of Kijoon.

---

Kijoon sat in the middle of her bed bending Wonwoo's fingers different ways listening to him talk about the drama going on in his grade. Her bedroom door creaked open, "Pyojoon, go away." Kijoon said without looking back.

"I’m not Pyojoon," her mother called out, "It's time to sleep, Wonwoo, I put some fresh covers over the couch." Wonwoo nodded his head silently.

"Cant I just sleep here?" Wonwoo pat the bed. Kijoon raised her eyebrows,

"Yeah, no. Get out." she pointed towards the door. Wonwoo lay down making himself as heavy as he could. "Wonwoo," Kijoon laughed rolling him onto his stomach. "Wonwoo, seriously. You’re going to get us in trouble."

He stretched his limbs out as far as he could. Wonwoo stood up in front of Kijoon. "Give me a goodnight kiss then." Kijoon happily agreed getting on her knees on top of the bed. Her hands found their way to his shoulders, "It has got to be a meaningful one though. No halfassing me." Kijoon scrunched her nose looking up to him.

Wonwoo tilted his head feeling Kijoon's lips pressed against his. His arms locked around her waist pushing her up on his body and her hand flat against his neck. Kijoon smiled turning their kiss into a hug before pushing Wonwoo away. "Go to sleep now." Wonwoo groaned leaving the room.

Not ten minutes past before Kijoon's phone vibrated on her night stand,

'How am I supposed to sleep knowing you’re so close, but not in my arms?'

Kijoon smiled to herself writing a reply. She could hear Wonwoo's phone beep in the other room, she heard him whisper the text to himself.

'You've done it before. You can do it now'

Kijoon listened to Wonwoo stifle a small laugh and roll over on the couch. "You ." he said loud enough for Kijoon to hear in her room.

---

Wonwoo was not an early riser, but this morning he was the second one up (aside from Kijoon's mom why had an early shift today). He looked at the time flashing 5:45. If it were any other day he would have fallen back asleep within seconds, but today he wanted to make Kijoon smile.

Wonwoo stepped into the kitchen laying out pots and pans for breakfast. He cracked eggs frying them and flipped pancakes putting chocolate chips in for the younger kids.

"Wonwoo!" Pyojoon exclaimed rushing into the kitchen when he smelt bacon. "Is this for us?!" Wonwoo nodded pushing the 10 year old from the stove.

"It's hot bud. Stay back." Wonwoo warned holding his arm up and continuing cooking. Pyojoon propped himself up on the counter watching Wonwoo at work.

Hana rubbed her eyes walking to the fridge. "You’re making breakfast?" she yawned flattening her hair and taking a sip of cold water. Wonwoo nodded pushing plates of food down the counter. Hana dipped her hand onto the bacon plate having Wonwoo slap it away.

"Your sister gets the first plate." Hana shook her slapped hand,

"Touchy." she teased pulling out a clean plates for Wonwoo go place food onto. "You must really like her. Mingyu never makes breakfast for her." Wonwoo held his head high setting two plates for Kijoon and himself.

He walked them into Kijoon's room setting them on her dresser. The smell of food didn’t wake Kijoon in the slightest bit. Wonwoo crawled on top of her looking down on her face. He swore she could feel his breath on her cheek because of how close he had gotten. He looked at her alarm sitting not too far away. He had exactly two minutes until her alarm would go off for her to get ready for school.

Wonwoo sat up hovering over Kijoon's body. He could see navy blue peeking out from under the covers. He pulled Kijoon's blanket back and laughed. "Clever." Kijoon was sleeping in her uniform shirt to cut her time in the morning shorter. Wonwoo brushed all of Kijoon's hair behind her neck and looked at the time.

The clock ticket by the second, five, four, three, two, and the annoying beep of Kijoon's alarm screeched loudly. Wonwoo hit the off button watching Kijoon grimace from the loud noise. She blinked her eyes open looking at Wonwoo sitting on top of her.

"What in the world are you doing?" she asked weaselling her hand from her sides and running them through her hair.

"You sleep in your uniform?" Wonwoo laughed kissing her. She groaned in protest,

"I haven’t brushed my teeth." she pushed Wonwoo off of her slipping her legs over the bed and slumping into the bathroom.

Wonwoo waited patiently for Kijoon to come back. Kijoon stood in the doorway looking at the plates sitting on her dresser. "Did you make me breakfast?" she pointed with her hair brush. Wonwoo smiled watching Kijoon gawk. "I never have special things like this for breakfast." she brought both their plates to her bed where they sat and ate.

"Did you sleep well?" Kijoon nodded her head chewing on bacon; she turned the question back to Wonwoo. "I would've slept better if you were actually with me." Kijoon rolled her eyes and poked him in the forehead causing his body to teeter on the bed. Both of them laughed.

There was a crash in the kitchen followed by a babyish cry. Kijoon slipped her plate off her lap to go see what happened. Pyojoon lay on the ground holding his shin and whining pathetically. "What happened?" Hana shrugged in to opposite doorway, while Pyojoon rolled and cried.

"I jumped up on the counter and stepped on the burner while it was still hot." tears flooded Pyojoon's face as he removed his hands from his shin. Discolouration covered his knee and a small bit underneath. Kijoon scrambles not knowing what to do.

Wonwoo pulled the first aid kit from Kijoon's hands pulling out gauze and an ice pack. He covered his hand with disinfectant bracing Pyojoon for impact. Pyojoon kicked his other leg into the air to release pain. Wonwoo then wrapped the gauze around his leg. Pyojoon sighed in relief straightening his leg and saying thank you.

Kijoon crossed her arms watching Wonwoo wash his hands. "I could've done that you know." her competitive side started to show, "You don’t have to take care of my siblings." Wonwoo dried his hands backing Kijoon up on the doorframe.

"Mhmm," he hummed kissing her mockingly. "Go get your plate; we need to get to school."