Ch22: Jealousy

Between Me and You

“I got you something.” Wonwoo’s eyes shone with happiness holding Kijoon’s hand through the park. He sat her down pulling a chain out of his pocket. Kijoon marvelled at the sun reflecting silver hanging from Wonwoo’s palm. He wrapped it around her neck clipping it together behind her neck.

Kijoon’s hand touched her collarbone while holding the small charm in her fingers. Wonwoo had bought a small silver locket that dangled loosely on the chain. “If you open it my name is on the inside.” Kijoon blushed hard smiling like an idiot. “It’s so you’ll always have me with you even when you are alone.” Wonwoo put his head in Kijoon’s lap.

“I have nothing for you... You should have told me, I would have gotten you something.” Kijoon pouted her bottom lip feeling bad. She lay back onto the warm grass.

“You’re dumb.” Wonwoo rest his head on Kijoon’s stomach tapping her sides with his hands.

“How am I dumb?” Kijoon bopped the top of his head squinting her eyes on him. Wonwoo shrugged laughing,

“Because you think I need gifts.”

 “Well then you’re dumb too.” Wonwoo looked up at her. Kijoon put her hands behind her head looking up at the sky. She felt Wonwoo’s phone vibrate beside her on the grass. “You’re being called.” Wonwoo picked up his phone looking at the caller. He groaned slightly before closing his phone and putting it back down. “Who was that?”

Wonwoo shook his head, “No one.” Kijoon brushed it off messing with his hair. Wonwoo squeaked pulling his head away. “Kijoon~” He whined flattening his hair back down. Kijoon sat up getting on her knees continuing to tease Wonwoo’s hair. “Kijoon!” He yelled tackling her to the ground. He sat on top of her stomach. “That wasn’t nice.” He fixed some final pieces of hair on his head.

Kijoon pulled his arms down so he hovered over her. Wonwoo smiled his lips, his tongue just past Kijoon’s lips. Kijoon bit her lip quickly before kissing Wonwoo. She locked her legs around his waist flipping them over so she sat on top of him. When she pulled away she was sure to mess up Wonwoo’s hair even more than it was before.

“Well look what we have here.” Kijoon laughed running her finger down Wonwoo’s nose. Wonwoo scrunched his face rubbing his hands up and down her thighs. “How’d you get down there?” Kijoon said childishly holding her hands together just below her chin. Wonwoo attempted on tipping her off of himself, but ended up having his hands pinned on either side of his head with Kijoon looking down on him. “Nu uh. Nope. I win this.” She laughed.

Wonwoo’s phone vibrated again until his full ringtone started to play. An annoying chime caught Kijoon’s attention and she whipped her head back to look in the direction of the sound. Wonwoo took his chance to roll Kijoon off of him and lay on top of her. Kijoon laughed underneath him reaching for his phone which was just out of reach. Wonwoo stretched out his long arms and grabbed his phone pressing the answer key without looking at who was calling.

“Hello?” He said wrapping his free arm around Kijoon’s head so she could rest on it. He was only half paying attention to the conversation on the phone answering “mmm” or “yeah” absentmindedly in between pecking Kijoon’s lips.

“Wonwoo~ meet me now?” the familiar voice on the other side of the line sang out. Wonwoo stopped before he could kiss Kijoon again and took time to remember the voice. Joheun. His smile started to fade away,

“No I can’t right now.” He said quickly answering. Kijoon was oblivious to the whole phone conversation pushing Wonwoo’s hair from his eyes with one arm slung around his neck.

“But Wonwoo you said you’d call me the other day and you didn’t. You should at least come and see me.” Joheun whelped. Wonwoo could practically see her swinging her body around like a little kid. He grit his teeth slightly while Kijoon pecked his cheek.

“I’m a little busy right now.” Kijoon smiled up at him leaving Wonwoo no choice but to smile back. Wonwoo buried his head in the crook of her neck still pressing the phone to his ear.

“What are you doing right now? Can I see you later?” Wonwoo griped quietly,

“Nothing, and no. I need to go. Bye.” Wonwoo was agile to flip his phone off and throw it away.

“Who was that?” Kijoon chanted brushed her thumbs on Wonwoo’s cheeks. Wonwoo lifted her back so their bodies touched; he kissed just below her ear,

“No one special.” He smiled. “I’m going to get ice cream for us. Don’t leave me.” Wonwoo pushed himself up off of Kijoon and set off across the street.

Kijoon rolled onto her stomach grabbing hold of Wonwoo’s phone. Her head tilted to the side seeing that he had missed so many text messages. She flicked her thumb across the touch screen unlocking it. 18 unopened text messages. Kijoon flipped past them going straight for Wonwoo’s apps.

She scavenged through the large collection of games Wonwoo had put onto his phone for Kijoon to play when she got bored. When she settled on one she flipped back onto her backside and held the phone above her face tapping the screen. “Ahhh nonono, DIE!” She yelled at the game. Her head popped up checking if anyone was around. When the coast was clear she was at it again.

If anyone had passed through the park they would have thought Kijoon was nuts. “Noooooo” She cried kicking her legs in the air. “Stupid game.” She flopped her legs down to the ground pulling her upper half up. Kijoon muttered, “Making me lose. Those stupid zombie things keep eating me alive...” She huffed frustrated pulling her hair out of her face. “Again”

Her tongue hung out of while she tipped her whole body with the phone. “Go, go, go, no, go, g-ahhhhh, no, stop, ahh, go.” She blabbered on shaking the phone violently, a small little blimp and the game’s music cut out. The screen turned black and an answer-decline screen came on. “What!?” Kijoon yelled having lost her game. She slid the answer key across the touch pad.

“Hello?” She spoke awkwardly trying not to yell into the phone.

“Wonwoo? Why won’t you meet me?” Kijoon angled her head sideways keeping her bangs out of her face.

“Um sorry, this isn’t Wonwoo. Can I take a message?” Kijoon knew the voice but she couldn’t pin point who it was just yet.

The line was quiet for a second, as if the other person was thinking the same thing. “Kijoon? Are you with Wonwoo?!” The familiar squawk of Joheun’s voice clicked in Kijoon’s head. “Why are you with him?” Kijoon could hear the small hint of sass in her voice.

Kijoon gawked into the phone, “Ask him yourself.” She snapped ending the call and putting Wonwoo’s phone back where she found it on the ground.