Ch37: Ending the Game

Between Me and You

"Wonwoo! Don’t leave please." Kijoon yelled only catching the door after it closed. Mingyu watched quietly from the sidelines. This isn't how he wanted to win Kijoon over. Kijoon practically ripped the door off its hinges begging Wonwoo to come back.

Mingyu intervened, "I haven't won." He said stopping halfway from the door to Wonwoo. Wonwoo hung his head back tired of this back and forth pattern.

"Just take her." he said shifting in a circle. "You won. It’s obvious she likes you more." Wonwoo said solemnly.

Mingyu shook his head, "No, You still have a chance. If you stop now I don’t want to be with her." Kijoon hung her jaw low from the lack of real attention she was receiving for a matter that was based on her decision. "I don’t win if you don’t try."

"I do try!" Wonwoo snapped, "I just wanted one kiss today and she rejected me so I blew off because I was angry. I came back to apologize and she's all over you." Wonwoo wept for himself internally. He was honestly hurt and it was something he had never experienced this hard before.

Mingyu bit his lip thinking, "I kissed her. She was caught by surprise." Kijoon wanted to speak up for Mingyu for lying to Wonwoo's face. "Don’t get mad at her. I was too wrapped up in trying to win her over it just happened."

"Do I get to say anything?" Kijoon huffed holding her hands on her hips.

"No." Mingyu replied afraid she'd unveil his white lie. "No more kissing Kijoon. Either of us." Wonwoo glared for a moment on the edge of agreeing when-

"You’re right, no more kissing Kijoon because if she's going to be treated like some prize that doesn’t have feeling and has to be won for your selfish pleasure, she never wants to hear from you again." Kijoon narrated closing the door with enough force to crack the doorframe.

The boys were bewildered by Kijoon's sudden outburst. They tried knocking on the door to call her out of her room, but all they could hear was Kijoon demanding her siblings to keep the door shut and leave them alone.

Mingyu took a seat beside the door. "I'm done." Wonwoo sighed backing away from the door. They'd been after Kijoon for a good half an hour by now. "I'm going home. Text me when she decides to come out." Mingyu nodded shrugging Wonwoo off.

He was alone. It didn’t bother him as much knowing that Kijoon was still relatively close to him. It was rounding 9:30 and Mingyu was growing hungry again. He had a late lunch that held him until past dinner, but he didn’t except to be sitting outside of Kijoon's door all night.

Mingyu groaned holding his stomach to stop it from grumbling. He could feel his insides eating him. He winced leaning his head up against the wall closing his eyes. Before he knew it, Mingyu was asleep in the hallway.

Midnight was speeding towards Mingyu. A tap on the shoulder woke him up grumpily. "Excuse me sir you can't sit in the middle of the corridor." a husky voice through to Mingyu's brain. He shook his head blinking his eyes wake,

"You don’t understand. There’s a girl I love in there and I have to wait until she comes out so she can see how much I love her." The man got down on Mingyu’s level,

“Son, I think you should go home. I know this young lady and I can tell you she’s quite stubborn. Refused to remove herself from the lobby once. Security had to drag her up to her room. I don’t think she’ll be coming out tonight.”

Mingyu shook his head, “I’ll wait until tomorrow morning then, I can’t leave though. You have to trust me on this, I need to stay. I’ll leave once I see her and will make sure this never happens again.” The night shift patrol officer stood up straight thinking while pushing his lips to one side of his mouth. He scratched underneath his hat nodding,

“One night. I better not catch you staying late at night for this girl again. You’re braver than any other man doing this.” The man sauntered off leaving Mingyu alone once again.

---

When Mingyu woke his arm fell onto the floor from his lap. He could just imagine his alarm going off at home and his mother having a fit because he wasn’t in bed. Mingyu rolled his head along the wall running his hand along the ground until it hit something round. He looked down beside him to see a plate filled with food.

Mingyu smiled to himself taking the plate in his lap and picking at the food. There was one thing he noticed, it was all still warm. He had just missed Kijoon (or one of her other family members) come out. He made sure to finish what was on his plate completely before knocking on the door.

Kijoon’s mom opened the door with a smile on her face, “Did you eat well?” She asked letting Mingyu step into the apartment, “I had Kijoon make you breakfast before she left.” She threw the dirty dishes into the sink.

“She left?” Mingyu asked, trying hard not to sound annoyed or in any rush to leave.

“Yeah, and you better get on your way as well. Only an hour until school starts.” Mingyu thanked her gratefully running home.

Right after Mingyu entered his mother was down his neck about not coming home that past night. Of course, she didn’t forget to ground him for what Mingyu thought would be an eternity. Mingyu sped out of the house sprinting to school before the first bell rang. He wasn’t moving fast for the sake of not being late; he was running to see Kijoon before she darted off to class to avoid him.

He caught Kijoon leaving her locker and stood in front of her creating a line of students attempting to walk to their classes. Mingyu shoved Kijoon over holding her so she couldn’t walk away. “Why?” Was the only thing Mingyu could say while he doubled over wheezing in cold air.

Kijoon tried walking away without answering. She was clipped by Mingyu’s arm returning to her spot in front of him. Mingyu stood up straight looking down at Kijoon. His chest was pumping wildly with his breaths. “Why did you stay outside my apartment?” She asked back.

“Because you wouldn’t let me in. I’m not just going to leave you. I meant everything I said when I said I wasn’t going to leave.” Kijoon swallowed a lump growing in . “I don’t care who you pick, just don’t shut me out like that. It’s not fair.” Kijoon’s face fell to the ground. She wanted to fight with Mingyu, but couldn’t find a reason too. Why was it so easy to fight with Wonwoo? “Joonie, I’m sorry if I made you feel like an object. I really am. I just got competitive with Wonwoo.”

“How did it feel for you?” Kijoon intercepted Mingyu’s apology. “Our kiss?” Mingyu stepped back slightly,

“W-what?”

“What did you feel?”

That was the first time since the kiss happened that Mingyu recited it. The final bell cleared the halls leaving the two standing awkwardly along with straggling students who were late for class. “I felt you.” Mingyu said afraid to go on and tilt Kijoon’s head up so she would listen. “I felt how sad you were, how much pressure you had on your shoulders. Also how light your thoughts were and how broad your imagination was. Honestly it was like kissing a cloud. It felt like everything softened and dissipated into the atmosphere.” Kijoon nodded her head to herself, “What did you feel?” Mingyu questioned curious.

“I felt my heart choose you.”


A/N: What's this you say? Two more chapters?

Well than that kind of . Again I'm sorry for having such a quick ending, I don't know why everything moves so fast in the last couple of chapters.