Ch25: To Forget You

Between Me and You

Joheun slid around the booth to sit beside Mingyu and make space for the newly arrived couple. "Surprise." Mingyu cheered awkwardly holding his head down when shame covered his face.

Kijoon tugged on Wonwoo's sleeve hiding behind him. "I don’t want to be here." she whispered. Mingyu waved them over to sit down with himself and his date. Wonwoo looked over his Shoulder at Kijoon who had buried her head deep into the back of his leather coat. "Wonwoo." she whined wearily being dragged towards the table

Wonwoo hushed Kijoon slipping into the seat. Joheun straightened her back and smiled, "Hi Wonwoo." Joheun's voice sounded love struck and fairy like, she gave a small wave then turned to Kijoon waving again. Kijoon gave her the small satisfaction of an ugly smile cuddling into Wonwoo's side.

His long arms wrapped around her body as she pulled herself closer to him. "Wonwoo, can we go?" she breathed feeling uneasy under Joheun's watch. "I don’t think this is a good idea." Kijoon looked across at Mingyu who was laughing and smiling with Joheun.

He looked happy, beyond happy. He looked healthy and new. Like he had gotten back up on his feet. "Be polite." Wonwoo said through gritted teeth. "I'm not so thrilled either."

Dinner was quiet. The couples only talked amongst themselves in hushed whispers. "Can we go?" Kijoon asked finishing her plate quickly after Wonwoo. He looked down nodding,

"Mingyu, I think we're gonna head out. Kijoon's not feeling well." Wonwoo said with Kijoon rubbing her cheek on his arm. Mingyu looked to his watch. He found it a little suspicious to be leaving less than a half an hour into the date. Wonwoo handed over a good fifty dollars, "If that doesn’t cover our dinner tell me and I'll pay you back." Kijoon stood up from the seat pulling Wonwoo up behind her.

Mingyu watched his friends leave with some kind of strange look on their face he recognized. It was a signal to come outside and talk. He smiled at Joheun who was eating quietly. "Hang on one second." he smiled patting her back and followed the couple that just left.

"Wonwoo." Mingyu called out quickly walking along the road lit by streetlamps. "Ducking out so early?" Kijoon managed to turn before Wonwoo.

"What are you doing?!" she yelled. Wonwoo pulled her back by her waist before she could stand right in front of Mingyu's face. "Why are you even considering a date with that ?! After what she did to me?" Mingyu was taken aback while Wonwoo whispered in Kijoon's ear trying to calm her down.

Mingyu looked around thinking of some kind of reply, "I like her." he stuttered. Kijoon's eyes turned to saucers. "After Wonwoo and you got back together she started talking to me. It was hard to accept at first but she was so upset I tolerated it. She felt the exact way that I did about the situation that we naturally bonded together." Mingyu breathed heavily explaining all in one breath. "Do you know how long it took me to get over you? How long it took her to get over you?" his head turned between the two of them. "It was too long."

“You’re just going to look over everything that happened?” Kijoon yelled trying to pull her arms away from Wonwoo’s grip. “You’re going to forget that she practically beat me to a pulp because you have a little crush? Whatever happened to caring about me?!” Mingyu was getting frustrated,

“What is your problem with her now? There is no problem.” Mingyu swung his arms around in the air over exaggerating his words. “You’re with Wonwoo now; my relationship shouldn’t matter to you. I wanted you two to come on this date to see how happy I am with Joheun.” Wonwoo grit his teeth at Joheun’s name pulling Kijoon close to him again.

“After everything that happened,” Wonwoo muttered, “You’re only going to get hurt. We’re looking out for your best interest.” He clarified. Mingyu’s head rocked back and forth neglecting Wonwoo’s opinion.

He started walking backwards towards the restaurant doors again, “Then you’ll leave my relationship alone.” Mingyu turned back towards the doors and hurried back on his way towards his date.

“Mingyu!” Kijoon shrieked obviously upset. “Mingyu, if you are going to be with that girl I don’t want to ever see or talk to you again.” Wonwoo jerked Kijoon back,

“Kijoon,” He warned resenting the way she was going about the situation. Kijoon glared up at him returning to Mingyu. Mingyu’s head whorled with emotions he was holding inside. He reached out for the doorknob looking back at his friends.

“Kim Mingyu, I am being 100% serious right now. If you go back to her you are gone from my life.” Mingyu’s face was cheerless to the point it was almost heartbreaking. He opened the door and walked inside disappearing around the corner. “He actually left...” Kijoon spoke softly to herself. Wonwoo turned her into his chest.

---

Mingyu shook his hair rummaging his fingers on his scalp. “Ahh, this is the only way to get over you.” He groaned in an undertone. He slipped into the men’s rest room to splash water on his face and fix the hair he had just toppled. He walked back to the table innocently like he wasn’t completely torn apart on the inside and sat beside Joheun once again.

She smiled so nicely that her face seemed to glow but Mingyu couldn’t see it past the grey cloud of depression that blinded him. He pulled on his best fake smile and let his hand slither in around Joheun’s waist. “Want to get out of here?” He asked gently, Joheun nodded a warm blush creeping on her cheeks. Mingyu left a large amount of money on the table to cover the bill and took Joheun’s hand out of the restaurant.