They Said You Two Were Gold Diggers

My Substitute Agent Is A Playboy!

 

Double update to make up for me not even updating regularly this year.


 

“Karam?” I called, looking inside Changmin’s room and seeing that my brother had settled himself on his study table.

“Can I come in?” I asked, not sure how am I going to talk about what happened in school with him.

“Depends. Are you going to scold me?”

“Nah.” I answered him, walking in the room immediately.

Sitting down beside him, I looked at all the books that he had laid open in front of him. Karam looked at me as if waiting for something.

“Ah no. Just continue.” I told him. Karam returned his gaze back to his books. Looking at him, I wondered about what happened in his class just now.

“You know...Karam ah. The thing about your class-”

“It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.”

“But I-” I stopped myself, seeing that Karam had turned to look at me again. This time, he smiled at me before hugging me tight.

“Karam ah?”

“Nothing’s wrong. I can promise you that.”

"Inside the class just now..." I stopped.

Should I talk about this?

After all, Karam did say nothing was wrong. Oh, this...

"What did they say about us?"

Karam immediately let me go, standing up to walk away. I hold on to his wrist tightly, raising my eyebrows at him.

"If we're not going to have this talk right now, I'm telling Jae hyung about you sleeping with Changmin." I see Karam's face expression changed as if he was really thinking about it.

"Even if Jae hyung favors you more than me, that doesn't mean he will let this one go. Plus, if he knows about what happened inside your class just now, your talk with him is going to be more severe than this." Come on, Karam. Say it.

"I'm talking about no more meetings with Changmin and being grounded for at least a month." I pushed even further.

"Alright alright!" Karam exclaimed, sitting down immediately.

Ha! Victory for Kim Junsu!

"Come on, tell me what happened." Karam looked at me, sulking and throwing his puppy eyes on me.

"You know that won't work with me, right?" I asked. Karam looked down and I waited patiently.

"Why did we have to live in that house? Why did grandfather leave us all that money? Why, when we are supposed to be poor, we are still considered wealthy? We're orphans. Aren't we supposed to be living in some small apartment that doesn't even fit all 3 of us instead of that huge land where none of our relatives would come to?"

Now, at this point of time, do you know what to say to these kind of questions?

No right?

So how am I supposed to answer these questions?!

I cleared my throat before deciding to just speak whatever I feel is right.

"The reason why we still live in that huge house and live off grandfather's wealth is because he entrusted them to us. You know clearly that we don't have a lot of relatives. The only remaining ones are the ones that we don't know that well. So, that's why we have to stay there. That place is the only place where our family line is. We need to preserve and guard it. Got it?" I see Karam nod.

"So tell me what did they say about us again? Cause I don't think I hear anything about us from all your questions just now.". I said.

"They were circulating rumors that you two are gold diggers and that all the wealth we had until now were all scams from all your past relationships. It doesn't even help that you came to school with Yoochun just now and one of the kids saw Jaejoong hyung with Changmin, attending Jung Yunho's engagement party. They said that Jae hyung even danced with Jung Yunho and that he looked attracted to Jae hyung."

My urge to tell Karam that Jae hyung is in a mission that involves Jung Yunho was so huge but I know it was only right to not talk about it.

At least not now. Not when he doesn't know what kind of company is Changmin running.

“Alright...The reason Jae hyung went to Jung Yunho’s engagement is to...sign a contract.”

“A contract?”

“Yeah. This is actually a secret but Jae hyung is supposed to be the best negotiator in Changmin’s company so Changmin always bring him around in those social parties for that kind of reason.” I see Karam nod slowly, trying to process things down.

So, that’s done. Changmin just need to follow up on this if Karam ever ask him.

“That’s weird, you know? When I asked Min hyung, he said Jae hyung works as one of the directors in his company.” Uh oh.

“Umm...well, he works in both positions. It’s Jaejoong hyung. He’s formidable. Alright, the talk is done.” I said, immediately rounding it up.

Upon hearing that, Karam nod before returning his attention to the books in front of him. I got up, ready to walk out of the room when my eyes spot the uniform on Changmin’s bed.

“Oh yeah, Karam ah. Why were your attire so messy just now? You don’t look like that when you leave for school.” I questioned, turning back to look at him. Karam was not looking at me. Instead, it’s as if he was talking to himself and frowning.

“Karam?” I called, wanting his attention before it gets any more weird.

“Do I really have to explain that?” Karam asked, finally looking at me.

“Yes after you asked that question.”

“But it’s embarrassing…”

“Please, it can’t be as embarrassing as maybe...Jae hyung crossdressing into a girl in his school days.”

“He does that?” Karam’s eyes widened in excitement, probably already picturing Jaejoong hyung in a female uniform.

“Back to you, honey.” I coaxed, sitting back with Karam. He frowned again before deciding to say it.

“My friends said you two look like girls. And I know they meant me also so I told Min hyung about it and he said that I'm allowed to make my own decision when Jae hyung isn't home so I decided to portray a much tougher person than you two."

"You lead such a weird life." I concluded, shaking my head slightly.

"But you're not opposing to it, aren't you?"

"No, honey. You do whatever you want. As long as you don't get into anymore trouble. That includes no fighting in school too."

“Yes sir.” He said, saluting me as I waved him off.

Now that is done, time to give my full attention on the other issue instead.