The Accident

My Substitute Agent Is A Playboy!

“Is that all, Karam?” I asked, seeing all the shopping bags he had in his hand.

“Yeap, that’s all for now. Thanks, Junsu hyung.”

“Whatever you want, Karam ah. I’ll try and do my best to give it to you.” I said.

“Let’s go there.” Karam pointed to another shop across the floor of the shopping mall and I beckoned him to go on first.

Ever since he had been suspended from school last week, Karam had never stopped sitting inside his room and catching up on his studies.

I knew it’s good for him to go out and have fun once in a while.

“Why are you standing there? Come on!” Karam shouted and I smiled at him, hurrying towards the shop.

“Did you find anything here?”

“Help me find something for Changmin. I’m meeting him after this.” Karam said, already venturing into the shop.

Looking around, I realised why Karam had chosen this shop among others to find something for that tall boss of mine. The shop sells cookies and everybody knows how Changmin is a monster for cookies.

A cookie monster, to be exact.

“How about this one?” I pointed out to this weird looking green cookie and Karam frowned.

“I’m not Jaejoong hyung. I don’t want to poison him.” He said, turning around to choose from the other varieties.

“Well, I’m not Jaejoong hyung either but I still want to poison him for claiming my brother as his.” I mumbled under my breath, skipping those cookies that seem lethal to me.

At last, Karam chose the most normal looking, classic type of cookie ever known to man.

“There...chocolate chip cookies for Changmin. And those green cookies you chose for you and Yoochun hyung.”

“Karam…” I grumbled, thinking that he had really bought those gross looking cookies for me. “Don’t poison me. You’re the only one who has a motive for killing me here.”

I warned him but instead, Karam throw me a smile.

“Very funny. I bought those mint chocolate chip cookies that you were staring at for a long time just now. Here.” Karam said, stuffing the package of cookies in one of my bags.

“You’re such a nice kid. Why did you choose Changmin as your boyfriend then?”

“Cause he’s evil.” He replied me jokingly before heading out of the mall.

“Where are you meeting that evil boyfriend of yours?” I asked, totally uninterested on his answer. “Oh! There he is.”

I followed Karam’s finger and sees Changmin waiting for him by his car on the other side of the road.

“Hmm...alright then. I guess it’s time for me to leave now. By myself. All alone.” I said, acting as if I was sad to be left alone by him.

“Aww...don’t be so sad. I know you’re happy enough since you’ll be left alone at home with Yoochun hyung all night. Just don’t go all mama and papa role play anymore. I’m getting sick of it. Try doctors and nurses.”

“Aren’t you supposed to go now?” I asked, pushing him slightly.

Karam stumbled onto the road before smiling at me, waving goodbye. I heard a car shrieking before I see Karam thrown into the air before landing on the cold, hard road.

“Karam!”

I shouted, dropping my bags and rushing towards him. The car had left the scene but I was too absorbed on Karam being hit to bother about the vehicle.

“Karam ah, please. Don’t do this, honey. Wake up, Karam ah. Please.” I begged, shaking his body to make him wake up.

“Karam? Can you hear me? Karam ah!” I heard Changmin’s voice beside me and I immediately turned to look at him.

“What are we going to do? How am I going to answer to Jaejoong hyung? What’s going to happen to Karam now?”

“Junsu, listen!” I gasped slightly, trying to calm myself down.

“I’ve already called an ambulance. They’re on their way. Calm down. Where’s Yoochun?”

“In his office.” I replied and I see him nod in understanding. The ambulance arrived, taking Karam with them.

“I want to go with him.” I said, trying to climb onto the ambulance but Changmin held me back.

“No, we’ll follow from behind. You can’t think things straight now. You’ll make it worse if you go with him.” Changmin explained, pulling me towards his car.

He helped me inside and I immediately curled up, still crying slightly. The car moved and I turned to look at him before seeing the bags at the back seat. I spot the bag of cookies Karam had bought for us.

“He bought those cookies for you. He said he wanted to get something special for you. And now, he’s-”

“He’ll be fine.” Changmin interrupted me. I immediately sat up, remembering something.

“I need to call Jaejoong hyung.” But Changmin stopped me immediately.

“He is on a mission right now. It’s better that he doesn’t know.”

“But-”

“Not now. Not until we know Karam is fine.” Something dawned on me.

“What if he’s not going to be alright?”

“Don’t say such negative things. He’ll be fine. He’s strong.”

He’s strong. Karam is strong.” I mumbled to myself again and again.

I kept on staring at the back of the ambulance we were trailing.

Please, let Karam stay alive. He’s still a kid.

He needs to live.

 


A new chap for everyone! To all the subscribers who are still reading this story, I thank you for still waiting and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. :)