That Morning

My Substitute Agent Is A Playboy!

Waking up in that same fetal position since last night, I tried to stand up. With the door behind me becoming a support, I struggled to get up.

 

Sniffing softly, I head to the bathroom. The morning was cold since it has been raining and I think I caught a cold because of that.

 

I can’t believe I actually slept in that position.

 

Sigh...

 

What’s going to happen now?

 

I wondered to myself as I take a cold shower, not minding the freezing water raining down my back.

 

I need it to clear my head. I should have just forget about Yoochun. He is just my trainer and I shouldn’t harbour any feelings for him.

 

After all, he didn’t trust me. If he doesn’t trust me now, then how can I trust him too?

 

Correct!

 

I should just forget about him.

 

Forget him...

 

Forget that man…

 

Forget him…


 


 

Easier said than done.

I realised when I walked in the dining room. Sitting just beside Changmin, Yoochun was reading the newspaper as he sipped a cup of coffee.

He didn't even look up when I walked in.

"Good morning, Junsu." Changmin greeted me and I smiled slightly at him.

"Morning, Changmin. Where's Karam?" I asked, taking a seat just opposite of Yoochun.

He was still not looking at me. Instead, he just held the newspaper higher as if he wants to cover himself from me. I felt my heart sank even when I tried not to.

Do you really hate me that much, Yoochun?

I looked at Changmin, realising that he has been calling me.

"Uh, what did you say just now?" I asked him and Changmin just shake his head at me. I pout, not wanting that treatment from Changmin even though it was my fault in the first place. I looked back at Yoochun but he was still not talking.

"Good morning, everyone!" I heard Karam said as he burst through the double doors like he ruled the place. Wearing his school uniform, he placed a kiss on Changmin's cheek before sitting down beside me.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked, looking at him but he just stared at me strangely.

"What's wrong?" I continued asking, waiting for an answer.

Instead, he walked to the other side of the table, took one look at Yoochun then to Changmin before looking at me. At the side of my eyes, I see Changmin shaking his head furiously at Karam as if he was disapproving of something.

"Why do you both have swollen eyes?" Karam pointed out and my hand unconsciously moved towards my eyes.

Was it that bad?

I know I cried myself to sleep last night but I covered it with make up just this morning. Nobody was supposed to spot it.

I looked at Yoochun whose hunched back had already straightened up.

"Ah Karam, come on. I'll send you to school." Changmin said, standing up and trying to pull Karam away.

"What? But its still early and I haven't get breakfast yet. I'm hungry." Karam said, pulling away from Changmin's hold.

"We'll get breakfast on the way." Changmin replied, still trying to get Karam to follow him.

"Did I say something wrong? I just pointed an obvious thing. I mean, did you two had a figh-"

At that point, Changmin had already covered Karam's mouth as he grinned at me slightly. The boy struggled but I didn't bother myself to stop Changmin since I needed that silence that Karam was disturbing.

"We'll go first. Yoochun, I want you to send Junsu to the KSA. He'll start his office work today. That's an order. You don't obey, you'll get punishment. Ok, bye!" Not even allowing Yoochun to protest, Changmin hurried out with his hand still covering Karam's mouth.

"Changmin!" That was the first and last word that Yoochun had said since I got inside the room.

After that, there were silence between the both of us. Yoochun still has his newspaper upright. Wanting to take the opportunity to be the first one to talk, I said something.

"I...I still haven’t eat breakfast yet." I told him and I hear him clear his throat.

"I'll wait for you outside." He answered me before standing up, the newspaper still covering his face.

I frowned slightly as he walked to the door sideways, the newspaper still not failing to cover his face. Seeing him disappear behind the doors, I let out a loud sigh though I covered it up immediately when one of the other doors open.

Yoohwan smirked once he lands his eyes on me and I hasten my movements, gulping the coffee down my throat even though it was still hot. Feeling that was enough for breakfast, I stand up as I tried to get out of the room immediately. The door was inches from me but I felt him pull me back before trapping me in his arms.

“Where are you going now, Junsu?” I tried to pull away, moving my head as far away as I can when he nudged me on my neck with his nose.

“Yoohwan, please. Let me go.” I said, still trying to get away.

“It’s no use if you tell Yoochun hyung, Junsu. He won’t believe you.”

“Y-You heard me?” I asked, scared that he would do something.

“Of course. I have ears, Junsu and to be honest, I’m not stupid either.” Yoohwan told me.

“Please, whatever you’re planning...please don’t hurt Yoochun. He is your brother. He loves you, Yoohwan ah.” I said, trying to coax him to stop whatever he’s doing.

If Yoochun won’t believe me to stop him, I would stop him myself.

“Hmm, I don’t know about that. What I planned was to assassinate him but that’s too fast, eh?”

“Yoohwan.” I called him seriously, trying to be stern with him.

“What will I get if I don’t kill him, Junsu? Tell me.” He said, urging me by squeezing me a little tighter in his arms.

“Will I be able to get you?” I didn’t answer him this time.

“I’ll give you some time to make a decision. Three days and I’ll come and meet you. Later than that and I don’t know what will happen to Yoochun.”

“He’s your brother.” I reminded him.

“And he’s also the person that will rob me from being the chairman in my father’s company. You think just because he is out of the house, dad will forget about him? I’ve already seen his will. Once that old man die, all I get is just some pathetic trust fund that he set up for me. While him? That man you’re trying to save? He gets everything that I want. Everything. But if he dies too, I’ll be the one who gets everything. Three days, Junsu. I’ll meet you again in three days.” Yoohwan lets go of me and I stumbled to the front before I looked at him.

“Go now. He’s waiting for you. Don’t make him wait for too long. He might just die for all we know.” He warned me.

“I can’t believe Yoochun can actually trust you.” I told him but he just motioned for me to leave.

Turning my back on him, I head out immediately. Yoochun’s car was waiting for me and I got on immediately, afraid that Yoohwan might follow us. I waited for him to leave but the man sitting beside me just sat there, playing with something on his phone.

I turned to look at Yoochun, half-expecting him to cover his face. Instead, he was wearing sunglasses. Huge ones, to be specific. Ones that really cover your eyes totally.

“Aren’t we going?” I asked, looking around to see if I didn’t do something that was right.

Was it the seat belt?

I grabbed it immediately, putting it on.

“We’re waiting for Yoohwan. I’m sending him to his clubhouse.”

“M-Must we?” I asked carefully.

“Don’t start, Junsu.” Yoochun calmly said. I decided to keep silent but the silence was bothering me. Anytime now, Yoohwan would come and god knows what he would do to the both of us.

“Can we...start over?” I asked hesitantly.

“Start over? How do you want to do that when you already rejected me?”

“I didn’t reject you.”

“You said to take it slow. That’s just like rejecting me.”

“I didn’t say that.”

“You know me, Junsu. I’m a person who loves skinship. Don’t tell me you don’t know about that. You can’t expect me to just change because of you.” I looked at him hard.

“So that’s what you’re after. All your relationships...you based it on having skinship. Is that all that you think a relationship does? Having a relationship is all about having trust for each other. I want to start over because I want to try to trust you but here you are, stating clearly that your definition of relationships only stands for having skinship. You know, Yoochun...you strike me as a man that is caring, responsible and even brave. That’s why I gladly accepted you in my life. But now, I’m glad that I told us to take a break because it clearly shows your true self. I must be stupid to actually shed tears for you last night. You’re just-”

“Sorry I’m late!” I immediately kept quiet, clearly knowing Yoohwan is sitting behind us.

“No problem, Yoohwan ah. Ready?” Yoochun asked, looking behind.

“Yeah, hyung. Thanks for sending me.” Yoohwan said.

Throughout the journey to the clubhouse, I kept silent as I felt Yoohwan’s eyes just looking at me. I turned around slightly, acting as if I was stretching and I confirmed it when I see Yoohwan just smiling at me. I turned back, looking at the road as the silence continued. Dropping Yoohwan at a clubhouse, I assume that Yoochun would drive to the KSA. Instead, he stopped by the roadside.

“Want some donuts?” Yoochun asked me and I just shrugged, not wanting to talk to him.

“Stay here.” He told me, getting out of the car. A few minutes later, he came back with a box of donuts.

“Hold it.” He said, tossing the box lightly towards me. I set the box on my lap before he started driving.

Arriving at the KSA’s basement, I got down immediately before following him towards the elevator. Pressing the red button, a red light scanned his eyes.

“Would you take Jaejoong hyung’s cookies again from my cookie jar?” I see Yoochun rolled his eyes when the question was asked.

“Changmin, we both know that I will still find those hidden cookie jars of yours soon. Just give me some of those cookies and I’ll be out of your way as fast as lightning.” Yoochun said.

“Fine.” I heard Changmin’s voice grumbling from the voice machine installed beside the elevator.

“Junsu, to my office please. Yoochun, back to your own office.” Once Changmin said that, the elevator door opened. We both got in and Yoochun pressed on two buttons.

Reaching on the 7th floor and without even bidding goodbye, Yoochun walked off and left me alone inside the elevator. Glancing down on the box I was holding, I got out before looking for Yoochun. There was no sight of him and I decided to just hold onto it and find him once I met Changmin.

Getting back inside the elevator, I pushed the close button, waiting for the elevator to take me to Changmin’s floor. Walking through the familiar walkway, I bowed when I see Kibum waiting for me outside Changmin’s office.

“Come on in. Changmin’s waiting for you.” Kibum said, ushering me in.

“Hey.” I said once I entered the office, seeing Changmin munching on some cookies from a glass jar.

“Sit down.” I slumped myself on the seat in front of him, placing the box of donuts on his table.

“What’s that?” He asked me.

“Donuts.” I answered, resting my head on my hand. I see him grab the box before opening it. I see his eyebrows rise before he just shake his head while smiling at me.

“Who bought that?”

“It’s Yoochun’s. He probably forgot about it. I’ll go and meet him later to give the box back.” I said.

“I don’t think there’s a need to do that.”

“What?”

“The donuts are for you.” Changmin told me and I turned the box to face me. In the box were six donuts with two of them had words that said “I’m Sorry” and “Junsu” on it as frosting.

It’s for me?

“You know, you can only get the answer to your question if you follow me now.” Changmin said, standing up.

“Where are we going?” I asked, standing up also.

“To your temporary workplace if you don’t have a mission on.” He answered me and I followed him out of the office with the box still in my hands.

“I’m a kind soul, Junsu. I can be cupid sometimes.” Cupid?

 

 

And I'm back! For awhile only...Sorry, guys. The new semester was such a pain in the for me. The modules were much more difficult and the lecturers are so demanding that I feel like skipping school everyday and just sleep. Also, I can't write my drafts in class anymore cause the lecturers all love to move around and somehow, loves to stand beside me so I have no choice but to listen to what they say instead of typing the new chapters. And my house isn't a really perfect place for me to create ideas and yeah, the point is I don't know what to write. Not only for this story but the others too. I think I need a break or something. But until that break, I will try to get some chapters out. Though I doubt the chapters are going to be of a good quality.