He’s Back, Miserable As Ever

My Substitute Agent Is A Playboy!

I keyed in the password to Changmin’s office before the door slides open.

 

“A holiday? But how are you going to the cafe then?” I heard Changmin said. He was talking to the phone, probably with someone important. Changmin sigh before hanging up, smiling at me instantly when he sees me.

 

“Who was that?” I asked, placing the file that Yoochun had asked me to sent to Changmin.

 

“It’s Jae hyung. He’s coming back. In two days.”

 

“Oh. Anyway, Yoochun needs that file signed as soon as possible so hurry up.” I said, going back to business.

 

“Nice ring you got there.” Changmin said, not looking at me as he checked the file.

 

“Yoochun proposed to me. Last night.” I said softly, feeling myself blushing. “Congratulations. You think Jae hyung will like it?”

 

“I’m planning to tell Jae hyung once he is relaxed and has no worries on anything.”

 

“Now, that would be a really long time.” Changmin said, chuckling slightly. I frowned immediately, knowing that what he said was true.

 

“Don’t worry. Yoochun is a good person. Under all that casanova attitude and girls throwing themselves at him. Jaejoong will probably agree to it.” He said, giving me back the file.

 

“I hope so.” I mumbled, going out of the office.

 

I had prepared myself on all the different reactions that could happen when Jae hyung finds out that I’ll get married.

 

The first one is the best scenario ever:

 

“I’m getting married, Jae hyung. To Yoochun.”

 

“Oh really? That’s great! When is it going to happen? Are you going to hold a big ceremony or just a private one among us? Oh, can I be one of the bridesmaids?!”

 

Obviously, that will not happen.

 

The second reaction would be the most plausible one right now:

 

“I’m getting married to Yoochun, Jae hyung.”

 

“I see…”

 

“Is that alright with you?”

 

“Junsu, you are already old enough to make your own decisions. I, as your brother, will support you in all your decisions. Go on and marry Yoochun. I won’t object to that.”

 

See? That went well, right?

 

Of course that is also not going to happen.

 

I think it would probably go this way:

 

“I’m getting married, Jae hyung. To Yoochun.”

 

“WHAT?! HAVE YOU GONE MAD?! WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE HIM AS YOUR PARTNER!”

 

“But Jae hyung…”

 

“I DON’T CARE! CHOOSE, JUNSU. IT’S EITHER ME OR HIM!”

 

Yeap, I’ll just resign my fate to that. Sigh.

 

“Junsu!”

 

“You! I choose you, Jae hyung!” I stood up, not aware of my surroundings. Yoochun looks at me suspiciously before he started laughing at me.

 

“What was that about, Su? I called you multiple times but you didn’t hear me.” I let out another soft sigh before sitting down again.

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

“I’m just…” There was another sigh and Yoochun pulled me in for a tight hug.

 

“If you’re worrying about how to tell your brother, I can say it for you.” Yoochun offered but I shake my head.

 

“I want to do this myself. He should hear the news from his own brother.”

 

“Good. Because I don’t want to suffer Jae’s wrath by my own.” I pull away immediately, frowning as I punch him in the stomach.

 

“Idiot.” I called him as he pulled me back in.

 

“Let’s go home. We can practise kissing in front of Jaejoong to show how we’re perfect for each other.”

 

“Very funny, Chun. Go back to work. You have a meeting in an hour.” I said, deciding to leave to get a cup of coffee for the man.

 

As I walked out, my smile disappears instantly as I get myself worried over the proposal. I just hope Jae hyung will have a great mood once he gets back.

 


 

Of course, what am I thinking really?

 

The moment Jaejoong steps into Changmin’s house two days later, he was in Changmin’s arms and crying like he has never cried before. On that same day, Jae hyung brought Karam and me back to our home.

 

At that moment, I realised something must have happen when Jae hyung was leaving the mission and I decided to get Karam to stay away from him for a little while. Jae hyung stayed inside his room all day long, even refusing to come out for dinner.

 

That was why I was shocked to see him sitting in the dark garden behind the house. Neither Changmin nor Yoochun wants to tell me what was going on with him. They only said to give Jae hyung some time by his own.

 

I had wanted to obey what they said but seeing Jae hyung sitting by himself at night caused me to question more.

 

“Jae hyung.” I called once I was near him.

 

He turned to look at me, smiling immediately before turning back as I see him wipe his eyes.

 

“It’s been long since I met you.” I said, sitting down beside him.

 

“What are you talking about, Su? We met three days ago, remember? At the hospital?”

 

“The hospital where Changmin became a punching bag for Jung Yunho?” Hearing that, Jae hyung laugh. At least he had lighten up a little.

 

“Did something happen? During your mission, I mean.” I said, placing my hand on his.

 

“You can talk to me if you need someone to listen to you.”

 

“I’m fine, Junsu. Just...don’t get too involved during your missions in the future. Got it?” Jae hyung said and I nod. I see him move, his hand shivering a little.

 

“Here.” I said, offering my cardigan.

 

“No I’m fine.”

 

“Just wear it with me. Stop being so stubborn, hmm?” I said, placing the cardigan over the both of us.

 

“I’m surprised it fits the both of us even.” Jaejoong hyung said. We sat there together, pointing out stars in the clear night sky before we both went silent for awhile.

 

“So...when are you going to tell me about it?”

 

“Hmm? Tell you about what?” I asked, looking at him.

 

“You know...that ring you have on your finger.”

 

“Oh! That’s just...uhh...just…”

 

“I’ve known Yoochun for a long while now. And I believe that ring belongs to his late mother. I think Yoohwan has one too, ain’t it?”

 

My jaw dropped, seeing that Jae hyung had figured it out without anyone telling him about it.

 

“He proposed to you, didn’t he?” Yeap, he totally figured it out.

 

“Who told you? Was it Changmin?”

 

“I’m a substitute agent. A secret agent if I want to phrase it in another way. I have to catch on really fast on these kind of stuff if I want to survive in the industry.” Jae hyung explained and I smiled, leaning my head on his shoulder.

 

“I was going to tell you when things finally settle down.” I confessed.

 

“And when is that going to happen?”

 

“When...things finally settle down.” Giving out that dumb reply, I was laughed at by my brother.

 

“You don’t mind, do you?” I asked.

 

“Well, you’re just engaged. I still have your wedding to ruin.” Oh no.

 

“Relax. I’m just kidding.” Oh great.

 

I let out a sigh of relief, laughing to cover up my fear when I heard that Jae hyung wanted to ruin my own wedding.

 

“If you love him, be with him. No one is allowed to ruin my brother’s love life.” Jae hyung said, hugging me tightly.

 

“Thank you, Jaejoong hyung. I just hope you do the same when you find that special someone too.” I told him and he just nod.

 

“Let’s go to sleep, hmm? I bet I have a lot of work in my office starting tomorrow.” He pulled me up and we walked hand in hand into the house.

 

Hi guys! Great to be back. For once. Expect a long time of silence from me for now. But I promise I'll try to finish this sweet little story soon. Till then, have a great life!