My New Mission...This Fast?!

My Substitute Agent Is A Playboy!

Yoochun grabbed his phone when he saw my shocked face looking back at him.

“Who’s this?” Yoochun asked before I see his eyebrows furrowed a little.

“Yoohwan? Why are you calling me?” I looked at him curiously and Yoochun turned away, his back facing me instead.

“Yah Park Yoochun, you don’t just turn your back on me like that.” I said grumpily, my hands on my waist as I frowned.

“I’m going out.” Yoochun announced and I held onto him.

“You’re leaving me here? Alone?” I asked him and he looked at me for a short while, his phone still by his ear.

“I’ll get Kangin hyung to cover for me.” He said.

“Don’t go. I don’t want Kangin hyung to teach me.” I pleaded him.

“Junsu, I need to go, alright? Now, let me go already.” Yoochun said, getting irritated at the moment.

“Your brother insulted you back at your house and you still want to meet him?” I finally asked him and he just looked down.

“I won’t be long. I’ll pick you up later.” He said before forcefully letting himself go.

I frowned even more when he just walks out of the room, not even leaving one glance to look at me. I slumped down on the chair, my head resting on the table as I started drawing imaginary circles on the white table.

A few minutes later, the door burst open and I smiled, stupidly thinking that it was Yoochun who has come back to bring me along. I frowned when I saw Changmin’s assistant panting.

“Are you free right now?” Kibum asked me, still panting as he tries to catch his breath.

“Uh yes but what’s wrong?” Kibum tried to say something but he was still panting so I couldn’t figure out what he was trying to say.

“Ok, relax. Take a deep breath and calm yourself down.” I said, approaching him and pulling him to sit down on a chair.

“I can’t. Changmin’s...gone for a wedding and I’m supposed...to do everything. And there’s an emergency. I need your help.” Kibum finally said, still panting a little.

“What kind of emergency? I’ll see if I can help you.” I said, trying to assure him that everything is going to be fine.

Seriously, where did Changmin go to? Poor Kibum trying to manage the whole company by himself.

“We’re in a shortage of substitute agents right now. I will need you to go and substitute for a mission.” My eyes widened when I heard him say that.

“M-Me? A m-mi...mission? Oh no no no no. I can’t help you with that. I’m sorry, Kibum but I still haven’t pass my test. I won’t be able to take a mission right now.”

“Well, you’re Jaejoong’s brother. I’m sure you would have some of his skills. Please Junsu, there’s no one else I can trust.” Kibum said, trying to convince me.

“There’ll be a helper agent to help you along. Please, Junsu. You’re the only one left who fits the criteria of the client.” Kibum pout, throwing his puppy eyes at me. I tried to withstand that but the wall I tried to build around me just crumble down. I accepted it reluctantly.

“Great! Thank you so much. Now come on, we need to go now.” Kibum said, hugging me for awhile before pulling me out of the room hurriedly.

“Where are we going?” I asked, following him into the elevator.

“I already have a helper agent ready for you. We’ll be going to the research center for your mask and voice changer.” I nodded slowly, trying to remember the use of the two items. Kibum sighed at me when I became silent so he started explaining.

“The mask is obviously for your disguise. We also have a voice changer which, when placed at the back of your neck, will change your vocal cords a little to match with the client’s voice. It’s all the electric and technical stuff so you don’t want to know. You’ll also be getting a phone with the full information of your client, both officially from our client and also from other sources.”

“Other sources?” I asked, wanting to know more about that. I did read about that before in the phone.

“We hire private investigators and there’s also a personal informant that Changmin hires to get the really deep secrets out.” Kibum led me out of the building before stopping in front of a black car.

“I am only able to send you till here because I have other work to do. Your helper agent will guide you on the way. Just trust him, ok?.” I hold onto Kibum when he was just about to walk away.

“Wait! What about Yoochun? He told me to stay here. He went somewhere for awhile. He said he’s going to pick me up here.” I said.

“I’ll have someone to inform him about you. For now, you follow with your assigned helper agent. He’ll know what to do. In this case, your teacher isn’t really helpful too.” Kibum said before nudging me to get inside the car. I got inside before sighing in relief a little when I saw a familiar face.

“Teukie hyung!” I called, hugging the man tightly when he welcomed me with open arms.

“Junsu ah, you must be so nervous. Fancy asking you to go for a mission when you still haven’t take the qualification test. But don’t worry honey, I’ll be right beside you so you just have to listen to me.” Teukie hyung said, assuring me.

“You being here with me already makes me a tiny little bit not nervous.” I told him.

“Good. Now, settle down. Let’s get you to the research center first.” Leeteuk said, signalling to the driver to speed up.

I fiddled with my fingers through out the journey to the centre. We abruptly stop as we passed the mansion.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as Teukie hyung looked out of the window.

“Now this is what I hate. Whenever there are too many missions, the research centre is so full. You think we can go through that, Hong Ki ah?” Teukie hyung asked, body bending forward as he talked to the young driver.

“Don’t think so, Teukie hyung. There’s a whole lot of cars in front of me. I don’t even think I can find a parking lot.” The driver answered and I see Teukie hyung pout, probably thinking of a solution.

“Alright. We’re walking then. Come on, Junsu ah.” Teukie hyung said, already out of the car. I scrambled out to follow him and he gripped on my wrist as we maneuvered through the stalled cars.

“But Teukie hyung, if the research centre is so full, we won’t be able to get our gadgets, right? I mean, I remembered there was something about having to queue up in the research centre.” I told him.

“Don’t worry. When that time comes, we have our golden card.” I decided to wait for that time to come. When we stepped into the building, just like we expected, it was full.

“This is probably one of those times where I really feel good for being one of the senior agents.” Teukie hyung told me before taking out a card. I took a look at the card that had a “ONLY FOR SENIOR AGENTS” printed on it.

“Though we can’t really use it too many times. Now, cover your ears a little. It might be too loud for you.” Teukie hyung said and I covered my ears, looking at him curiously.

“MOVE IT! SENIOR AGENT COMING THROUGH!” I winced at the loud scream that Teukie hyung did.

As if it was already planned, there was already a path cleared for us to walk through. The other agents bowed at Teukie hyung and I looked down, walking quickly behind him. I banged my head on his back when he suddenly stopped.

“Lee Sungmin, didn’t you hear what I said just now? A senior agent is coming through. Now move it.” Teukie hyung said and I peeked out from behind his back.

“From what I remember, we came into KSA together so there’s no rank of seniority between the both of us.” The man said.

“Of course there are no seniors between the both of us but I used the golden card and you didn’t so, by all means, follow the rules and let me through.” Teukie hyung said, trying to reason with the man.

“Unless you want to start a catfight with me.” He continued, glaring down at the rebelling man. Sungmin finally admitted defeat by letting us passed. I followed Teukie hyung into a room.

“Hyunjoong, a mission for a client called Kang Insoo.” Teukie hyung said before making me sit down on a rotating chair.

“Looks like this is a new mission for you?” I nodded when the man asked me.

“I’m Kim Hyunjoong, by the way. You may be able to see me here often but I’m a helper agent too. Maybe we can work together someday.” The man said and I shake his hand.

“Kim Junsu. You can call me Junsu for short.” I told him.

“Great. Call me hyung then, Junsu ah.”

“Yes, hyung.” I called him and he smiled at me before clapping his hands once.

“Alright, let’s get to work. Kang Insoo. Let me just find the briefcase for you.” Hyunjoong said, walking to a conveyer belt that goes through the room to another room. I see him grabbed one silver briefcase before setting it on the small table in front of me.

“Teukie hyung, there is a black tuxedo for Kang Insoo next door.” Hyunjoong hyung said and I see Teukie hyung go into the other room.

“Now come on, look at me. Let me fix up the mask for you. Since it’s your first time.” Hyunjoong hyung said, getting another chair before sitting in front of me. He grabbed the silicone mask in the briefcase before putting it on me.

“How does it feel? Comfortable enough?” I shake my head, feeling the stuffy feeling surrounding me.

“It’s a mask, Junsu. It’s not supposed to be comfortable.” Hyunjoong hyung told me and I nod, understanding.

“Alright, turn around. I’ll put on the voice changer.” I turned around so that my back face him and I felt something taped on the back of my neck. I heard a ‘click’ sound before a short electric shock goes through me.

“Woah, what was that?” I asked, holding onto it immediately.

“Don’t worry. It’s just your body reacting to the voice changer. It won’t happen again. Trust me.” Hyunjoong hyung told me and I nod. Teukie hyung appeared again with a black tuxedo and he passed it to me.

“You should put it on later.” He told me and I nod, looking at the tuxedo.

“Is it done?” Teukie hyung asked Hyunjoong and I see him nod.

“Ok. Let’s go Junsu ah. We need to go now. We’re already late.” Teukie hyung said and I followed him out of the room.

The crowd was still full but they part for the both of us to walk through. We finally got into the car before Teukie hyung instructed Hongki to drive us to a church.

“Why a church?” I asked him.

“Kang Insoo is supposed to go to a wedding today but then he already has something planned thus the emergency mission for you. So, you’re substituting him in the church. After that, you’ll be going to the after party. And Junsu, let me remind you that Kang Insoo likes to socialise. Wait, let me emphasise that one more time. Kang Insoo LOVES to socialise and that means a lot of people will be talking to you later on. Just follow my lead and you’ll be fine.” Hearing that from Teukie hyung just makes me even more nervous. I played with my fingers before I realised something.

“Wait, whose wedding are we going?” I asked.

“Who else is getting married today? Of course it’s Jung Yunho’s wedding we’re going to.” Jaejoong hyung’s own wedding?! Oh no…

"No no no. I can’t appear in front of Jaejoong hyung like this.” I told him.

“Junsu, you’re going there as Kang Insoo. Nobody will realise you’re Kim Junsu. Plus, you have the voice changer to cover your real voice. Remember?” Teukie hyung said, reminding me of the special gadgets that were attached on me.

“Good. Now, strip.”

“Strip?!”