The Moment When We All Had to Lie to Jae Hyung

My Substitute Agent Is A Playboy!

“Baby!”

 

Looking up, I felt myself being hugged by Yoochun. The tears that have dried came again and I cling onto Yoochun, sobbing loudly.

 

“Could you quiet down for once?” Changmin snapped at me but I didn’t answer him.

 

He was just being nervous and his way of showing it is most probably being angry with others and hiding it away from other people. Just like how he had scolded the police officer who had came to question us.

 

“It was a blue car. Don’t tell me you can’t find that one stupid car?!” Changmin said.

 

“Sir, with just that reference, we can’t possibly search the whole country for the car. There are a lot of blue cars in this country.” The man in the black police suit said calmly, knowing that Changmin must be really worried which caused him to act that way.

 

“Well then, check the cameras outside the mall.”

 

“We did, sir. But we couldn’t find the said car.”

 

“Check your eyes then. Maybe it’s your eyes that need some washing so you can find the damn car.”

 

I had immediately stepped in that time, knowing full well that more insults that Changmin spews out will just land him a night in the jail.

 

“It’s been one hour.” Changmin mumbled, looking at the entrance to the operation room.

 

“Could it be…” I glared at Yoochun immediately, daring him to finish the sentence.

 

“He’s fine.” I said, repeating it again just to convince my own self.

 

Just as that being said, the red ominous light was turned off and the doors were open.

 

“Family of Mr…”

 

“Karam?” Changmin asked, already walking towards the doctor.

 

“Ah yes. Your brother is fine. He is really lucky. A hit like that could have lead him to a coma but he just suffered a concussion and a fractured leg. That young man is really lucky. You can see him now. I’ve already transferred him to the ward.”

 

“Thank you, doctor.” I said, smiling finally.

 

“At least he’s still alive.” I shot a look at Yoochun before he excused himself to find Karam’s room for us.

 

“You said we’re going to tell Jaejoong hyung if Karam is alright. Maybe we should just forget about it. I don’t think Jaejoong hyung should know about it.” I see Changmin take a deep breath before taking out his phone. He typed something before started talking to me.

 

“He can’t know about this but at the same time, Jae is still Karam’s guardian. We’ll stage something here. Here’s the plan.” Changmin went on, telling his idea and thirty minutes later, Yoochun came running towards us and announcing that Jaejoong was here.

 

I see Jaejoong rushed towards us as we stayed right outside the emergency room.

 

Now, let’s just hope Jaejoong hyung believes it.

 

As soon as he was near, he grabbed on Changmin.

 

“What did you do now, Changmin? I swear, if my brother doesn’t come out of there alive, I am going to kill you with my bare hands without any hesitation.” At that point of time, Changmin had already started crying.

 

Immediately, I see Jaejoong hyung hug him tightly as he continued crying. Changmin hugged my brother back, his eyes looking at the two of us.

 

“I’m sorry. Really. I didn’t know. I didn’t mean to harm him. I’m sorry, Jae hyung.” Wow, he has good acting skills.

 

Jaejoong hyung continued hugging the man, trying to comfort Changmin. Once he was sure Changmin was calmed down, Jaejoong turned to look at me.

 

“What happened?”

 

“We found out that Karam took the whip cream can. You know what that means.” I said, letting out that made up lie flawlessly.

 

“No one stopped him?”

 

“We were not at home. Karam was in his room. When we all came back, Karam already fainted and-”

 

“J!”

 

The four of us look to the walkway and I see Changmin pushing Jaejoong hyung away from him.

 

Oh no, Jung Yunho doesn't look that good.

 

“How dare you, Changmin.” Yunho said, starting to punch Changmin hard.

 

Wait, this is not the plan at all.

 

I hurried to stop the man from punching the living daylights out of Changmin. Yoochun looked at me, worried that the plan we had followed could fail because of this.

 

“Oh my god, Yunho stop.” Jaejoong hyung cried out, holding onto Yunho and trying to pull him away. I was trying to pull Changmin away from him but Yunho had a really tight grip on the man’s shirt.

 

“Yunho, stop it. Yunho, please. The guy is already bleeding. Yunho, please stop.” I see Jae hyung suddenly hug Yunho. The man finally stops and we looked at Changmin. His face was bruised and there was blood coming out from his nose.

 

“You’re coming back home now.” Yunho said, pulling onto Jaejoong hyung tightly. My instinct to go after him and stop Yunho from hurting Jae hyung was strong but Changmin hold on to me. I looked at him, shaking my head slowly seeing how he had become.

 

“I told you it was gonna work.” I didn’t know whether to smile or just hit him in the head.

 

“Come on. You need to clean up.” I said, looking around for a nurse.

 

“I’m fine. I just want to see Karam right now. Help me up, will you?” I held him up as we followed Yoochun to Karam’s room.

 

My brother was still sleeping amidst the chaos that happened. That’s probably the only good thing that happened here. I set Changmin down on the chair beside Karam before grabbing some wet tissues to clean his face up.

 

“Here, look at me.” I said as I grab another chair and sat in front of him.

 

“If I were you, I wouldn’t bother doing that.” Yoochun said, settling himself on the couch.

 

“Well, he isn’t you. And aren’t you supposed to be back in the office? You’ve seen Junsu anyway.” Changmin said as he starts to lecture Yoochun on his responsibilities in the KSA. Yoochun was clearly dozing off and I intentionally press the tissue hard on the side of Changmin’s mouth.

 

“Ow!” That and a sharp glare from Changmin caused me to giggle as I continued my work.

 

“Min...?”

 

I looked to my side, seeing that Karam has his eyes open slightly. Changmin pushed me away, sitting on the bed to get closer with Karam.

 

“Hey my love, I’m here. Are you feeling alright? Do you want anything? Water? Food?”

 

I stand up, deciding to leave the room with Yoochun. I wanted to make sure Karam was alright but Yoochun stopped me.

 

“He’ll be fine with Changmin there.” Yoochun said, holding on to my hand.

 

“Oh my god, did Jae hyung do that to your face?!” I chucked, hearing that. Yeap, he is going to be fine with just Changmin there.

 

I frowned. “I feel lonely.”

 

“Well, I’m still here with you.” Yoochun reminded me and I couldn’t help but to kiss him right there. Chunnie, of course, must be glad since he had pulled me closer towards him.

 

“Get a room, you guys. This room is ours.” We heard Changmin said before I felt something being thrown to our legs. “Get out.”

 

“Alright alright. Have fun, you wounded lovebirds.” Yoochun said, pulling me out of the room.

 

“So, where are we going?” I asked as I continued trailing after him.

 

“Home. I have a surprise for you.”

 

“The only thing I need now is sleep. I think all my nerves are overworked because of the panic I got seeing Karam being hit in front of me.” I said, my voice slowly getting softer as I remembered those horrifying images. Yoochun placed his hand around my waist, pulling me closer towards him instead.

 

“You must have been really scared. I’m sorry I wasn’t there. I should have been there to take care of the both of you.”

 

“Changmin was there.” I said, reassuring the man walking beside me. “As long as you’re safe. I’m fine with that.”

 

“Let’s hurry and go home.”

 

 


 
Hey guys!!! I'm so sorry for the late update. I think I'm gonna keep apologising for that. Anyway, if anyone feel weird about Jae's scene here, it's cause its from the previous story where Jae is a substitute agent and he substitutes someone that is married to Yunho. You can read it HERE!
 
Thanks for all the comments and I'll try to update once I have the time again.