Chapter 37 (The Final Chapter)

Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I opened my eyes lazily when I feel something brushed my faintly. Tried to shake off the sleepiness, I squinted my eyes.

“Good morning, babe” finally it clicked in my mind, Jessica is leaving trail of butterfly kiss all over my skin

“Good morning, indeed”

“Sleep good?”

“Of course, you made me” I turn to face her and she snuggles to my neck. “What about napping for another hour, love?”

“Tempting. I’d love to, really”

“I sense a ‘but’”

“But work’s calling babe”

“aww” I glide my fingertips over her shoulder blades and along with the spines. “I’d love to do you more”

She smiles and bite my neck.

“Hey, that’s hurt” I pout.

“I love you so much” Jessica hugs me tight. “I still can’t understand how these past five years flies so fast yet I fall more to you”

“Can’t argue at that one sweetie” I hug her too, letting a smile out. “I love me more too every day”

“You jerk” she laughs hard and throw a pillow to my face.

“This jerk is apparently the jerk you every day this past three years?” I don’t know why I love making her blush. This is the moment where I just content with life. With my life. “No, really, I fall for you all over again every single day”

She propped her head with her palm and staring at my soul through my eyes.

“Cheesy Kim Taeyeon”

“Beautiful Jung Sooyeon”

She kiss me lightly and the world seems to stop for a moment. This is the best day ever, but frankly speaking, every day with her is the bestest day in my life.

Her eyelids slowly opens and her so, so beautiful eyes staring at me again. When she speaks, her voice is like the only voice I wanna hear on the last day of my life.

“Kim Taeyeon, do you have ever wonder how hard I try to not tell you I want to marry you every single day since you said you love me?”

 

 

“…huh?”

“..wait”

“..what”

“…what ..did ..I ..just.. say?”

“..come again?”

“No.. what.. ” Jessica jumps out of the bed, , run to the bathroom and lock herself. The sound of the water fill the room full of elephants right now.

“Yah Jung Sooyeon!” I frantically stumbled my way out of the bed and pounding on the door. “Yah!”

“What?!”

“Let me in!”

“WHY?”

“BECAUSE!”

“WHY”

Sigh. “..nothing”

Click. “..what, tae?” Jessica peeking from behind the opened door

“If you’re not going to talk, at least can I get my share of morning love? Shower?” I push the door lightly as she backed out. “Together?” I slip into the bathroom. “Since it’s kinda cold we need body heat, right?” I lock the door behind me and walk closer to Jessica who already wet from the shower. I glide my hand to her waist and pull her closer. “So?”

 

--

 

The summer breeze hit my face as I stroll the park. There’s this quite beautiful park in the corner of town. The neighborhood around it seems nice and peaceful too. I recall there’s this really small house facing the park and it’s very, very beautiful. I wonder who live there, they must be happy watching sunset everyday from the porch. The neighborhood is kind of on the hill, so the downtown always visible. It especially stunning when the night comes. Little dancing stars.

Sometimes I dream about what if I live there. I would spend every night on the balcony, breathe the wet autumn air and just relax. It must be what heaven like. Two dogs, one cat, perfect family.

Frankly speaking, I’ve got to good term with Tiffany, and can you believe that Seohyun already in elementary? Time sure flies. We four occasionally spend time together like dinner and lunches.

Sooyoung quit her job and make her own company along with Jessica. Yeah, Jessica finally become that hot, young, successful CEO of aspiring company we all wanna date. And yes, I am the one who date her.

I always wanted to have a house, no matter how small it is, compare to an apartment’s unit no matter how big it is. I want my own yard. Me and Jessica discuss this a lot lately but still cannot come to conclusion where to look.

Being with Jessica is like breathing the air; it is so easy that I almost didn’t know it’s essential. We’ve came so far too, with me being the emo me, and Jessica with her secret life. I guess too long living alone makes someone not realizing that you need others’ help too. I’m glad I can remind her that somebody cares about her whereabout and wellbeings.

I try so hard to stop smoking, but can’t completely stop. It became my way to cope up with hardship. Nowadays just use 1 pack for three days and it is really a big accomplishment. I used to smoke like 3 packs a day but when I’m stressed out I can smoke like 5 packs a day and it just the worst to think about it again. Jessica still hate it though, she hates my smoking habit and always silently throwing my cigarettes to trashbin whenever she can. I can’t get mad though.

It is kinda scary to think about the future. I can’t dream too far anymore since Tiffany. Too many expectation and dreams always a bad omen for me, so I just choose to go with the flow lately. What will happens will happens eventually.

It’s past 7 and I’m waiting for my love to come and date me. She’s busy with the new project coming up, I feel bad for her but at the same time so proud of her.

Suddenly I feel a pair of hands cups my eyes from behind and warm breath grace my ears.

“Guess”

“How can I mistaken those heavenly voice, love”

“It always amazed me how I able to resist to puke every time you being cheesy” she moves her hands to my shoulder.

“But I know you secretly love it” I grab her hand and brought it to my lips to kiss her knuckles.

“Gotta admit it” she kiss my cheek right after.

“So, how’s today?” I stand up and hug her tightly. “You must be tired”

“Not really, Sooyoung takes care nearly everything and I just do nothing much” She comb my hair and rest her chin on my shoulder blade. “I don’t understand why she hold back herself all this years, she could easily become vice-president too in previous company”

“I think she’s being considerate with you?”

“that’s absurd, I wouldn’t mind. I won’t be in so much stress if she took the vice-president job from me. I’ll be so glad even”

“Put that aside, I’m very thankful to the fact that you both become successful. I’m very proud of you, babe” I pat her head lightly and broke the hug. “Wanna go home or go on with the dinner date?”

“Dinner please, no more delivery. I want some good food tonight”

“Anything fo you” I smile and intertwine our fingers together. “let’s take a walk if you’re not too tired”

“I love taking a walk with you” she swings our hands and stare at the night’s sky. “Reminds me of your confession”

“Yeah, can’t forget about that”

“You were so shy but so… How can I put it? Weird?”

I pout slightly. “Weird? I wasn’t weird...”

She let out her giggles that I love so much to watch “Okay not weird. Maybe.. nervous? In a cute way though”

“I still remember every detail of it, like it was yesterday”

“It was like a bomb. So suddenly, so unlike you. I knew that you like to prepare everything in advance so it was a big surprise for me”

“I surprised myself too, the impulse is too much” I turn my head to look at her side profile. “I just knew that I have to be your girlfriend. I just knew that I need you take a part in my life”

“I feel so happy and blissful. I’ve waited that moment for as long as I can remember, Tae” she put my hand in her pockets and my skin with her thumb. “I really love you”

“I love you too, Sooyeon”

We talk and talk while walking to the French restaurant we already reserved. The restaurant is really beautiful with garden area. I love the wine there. Honestly, I don’t really feel comfortable to eat at such fine dining restaurant, especially when you have to wear formal clothes and act accordingly and have to face each other through out the eating process, but this restaurant is kinda laid back; I don’t have to wear formal clothes, enough with semi-formal and nobody judge my eating habit. I can sit beside my date as well. I love to sit beside my date. I want to be close to her. Although it’s kinda hard to make eye contact, but I can manage. I always turn my seat slightly so I can drape my arms around her but at the same time staring at her eyes. I know it’s kinda weird but I just need to touch her. Whether it’s holding hand, or even foot touching, I just need that skinship.

Finally after five minutes walking and catching up with today, we arrived. The receptionist recognize us almost immediately. We’re regular here to the point that the chef recognize us as well. He lead us to our usual table in the corner of the garden, with the city panoramic view greet us almost immediately. Gotta admit this spot is the best spot in the entire place. We always facing the view as we enjoy our food. The smell of freshly cut grass and lilies fill my nose, made my mood going up through the roof. I hope Jessica feels the same.

Jessica choose the menu today. She knows my taste and favorite here. It becomes our habit to choose menu for another. The waiter greet us happily as she pour water to our glass.

“Welcome back Miss Jessica and Miss Taeyeon! How was your day?”

“Hello Jimin, really nice to see you again. It was usual day at work but Sooyoung and Sunny buy everyone lunch because we hit a new project” Jessica drape the napkin on my lap then proceed to drape hers too on her lap. “And please call me unnie, how many times I tell you that?”

“So glad to hear that unnie, I kind of miss Sooyoung unnie presences here”

“Aww poor baby. I’ll notify her tomorrow to come here again as soon as possible”

“Thanks!”

I rest my palm against her thigh and absentmindly play with her dress. “I’ll drag Sooyoung’s too if you need it, Jimin”

“No need Taeyeon unnie! I just miss her antics here”

“Kidding. I’m just kidding” I grin widely as Jessica slap my thigh lightly.

“Don’t make a fun of her, Kim Taeyeon”

“Anyway, do you guys ready to order?” Jimin finished taking care of our table as she take out her notes from her apron.

“Oh yeah, of course” Jessica close the menu and start to order while I check my work’s email in case something needs my attention.

 

“Okay then, please wait a bit unnie, I’ll come back again with your order. I hope you enjoy tonight” Jimin put her notes back to her pocket and walk away.

I sip my water as I scroll down the email.

 

“Babe?”

“Hm?” I look up and instantly in awe. The moon that was hiding behind night’s cloud suddenly light up the sky and making Jessica kind of glowing tonight. It was so perfect. “You’re beautiful” I blurted it out immediately. Of course she blushed hard.

“You are too” She tucks her hair behind her ears.

“So what are you saying, love?”

“About the house we’ve talk lately, have you find the one yet?”

“Ah, that one.. yeah, kinda” I play with her fingers. “Do you see the small house near the park earlier?”

“The white house with the yard?”

“Yeah that one. I don’t know if it on sale though, and I don’t know if it enough for us since our stuffs is so many”

“We can always donate our things. I’ll check the agent tomorrow to see if it’s on sale”

“I’ll do it, you’re too busy nowadays. I’ll be so worried if you do that, I don’t want you to be sick”

She lean forward and peck my lips. “I always fall for this side of yours, Taenggoo” her fingertips trace my jaw line, it leaves hot trail on my skin.

I search for her eyes as I held her hands with both of my hands. When we made eye contact, I smile. “I’m glad if you feel that”

 

“Excuse me, unnie. Here’s your favorite wine, want me to pour it?” Jimin cough a little to notify us that she’s here while holding our favorite bottle.

“Sure” I smile at her politely. “Thanks, Jimin”

“No problem” Jimin pours the red liquid in to our wine glass, smile back at me. “Your order will arrive soon, Uncle Taek preparing it real good”

“Can’t wait to taste it” Jessica quips too.

“Okay, I’ll tell Uncle to prepare it quickly”

“Take your time, I don’t want to rush anything”

“It’s okay” Jimin put the bottle back to the bucket of ice and want to walk away when she turn around and beam her biggest smile. “I love seeing you guys being in love like this. It is so beautiful”

That phrase really surprised me because I thought no one notice us. I guess I was too mesmerize by Jessica’s beauty that I don’t really look around to find people looking at us.

“I’ll tone down the PDA. Sorry if it bother you” my hand scratch the back of my ear while I smile sheepishly.

“No, no. I love seeing you guys happy like this. I wish I could find someone and have a beautiful relationship like you, unnie”

“Aw, I’m sure you will!” Jessica pat Jimin’s hand, and the latter bow to excuse herself.

 

“She’s such a good kid”

“Yeah” I reply. “I never think we are that intimate, however”

Jessica laughs hard and slap my shoulder. “You have such a thick skin. Even Sooyoung always put that wanna-puke face around us ever since she saw us kissing on my office’s table”

I raise my eyebrow “Oh, really? Never knew that. I thought that was her default face” I giggle

“Gotta tell her that. You will get Sooyoung’s rant later on” Jessica tuck my bang behind my ear.

I gasp and sigh loudly. “Don’t you dare! Her rants is so much worse than my super annoying big boss. No ends”

“I won’t but under one condition”

“What?” I shift my position a little bit to more comfortable position. “Don’t tell me to accompany you to a charity ball. You know I hate it”

“Don’t worry, no balls until next two months” Jessica open her clutch and reach something inside. “I just need you to wear this”

“What?” I squint my eyes, trying to see what it is.

“This ring” she open her palm to show me a beautiful yet simple ring. Not too fancy since I don’t like complicated and expensive things. It’s a silver bands with little gems on top.

“What this ring for?” I eye that ring quite a long time then lift it up with my thumb and forefinger to see it in better lighting.

“Uhm” she fidget at her seat while reaching for my free hand “Consider it promise ring”

“Promise ring?”

“Yeah”

“Promise you what?”

“Take me to date every weekend until we grew old and die”

My eyes grew big. “Of course I’ll take you to date! Why wouldn’t I?”

“And maybe be my roommates for infinity?”

“Hey, Jung Sooyeon. What did you think of me? It’s such obvious that we’ll be roommate for as long as you want to. I don’t have to promise these things to you because I know I’ll always do that for you. You know how much I love every our little moments in our home and in our dates”

I never saw that spark in her eyes this much. “I’ll take that as good sign”

“What good sign?”

“That you won’t leave me”

“That’s absurd!” I squeeze her hand. “You’re weird, I won’t ever leave you. Was today something bad happened? You say weird things, like I have thought of leaving you. I don’t!”

“Guess this week’s stress just got my logic” Jessica squeeze my hand back. “Sorry if you think I ever doubt you. I’m not doubting you, Tae. Maybe too much things on my mind lately”

“It’s okay. Maybe you can take a day off tomorrow? We’ll go to beach or somewhere good to refresh our mind, how was that sound?”

“Amazin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter