part 13

Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taeyeon?”

“Hm? Oh, good morning, Jessica”

“G’Mornin, did you ever sleep?” she rubs her sleepy eyes. I sit on the stool, sipping on my coffee.

“Probably. Coffee?”

She leans on the kitchen counter, tracing a straight line under my wrist with her fingertips, where Tiffany’s birthday tattooed there.

“I’m sorry I fall asleep”

“It’s okay, you’re tired anyway. How was your wound?”

“It’s healing I think”

”Good to hear” I smile and stare at my black, plain coffee.

“I’ll make breakfast”

I chuckle, “Really? Is it safe?”

“Yah, I can cook, okay?”

“Haha, okay, but no scramble eggs and bacons though, the last time was..”

“Mean Taengoo”

I ruffle her messy hair, “I’ll help you”

“No, just sit and catch a sleep or two”

“I’m not sleepy”

“Your eye bags are nearly as big as a beetle bug”

“It’s not that big then”

“Hard-headed”

“I just will sit here silently, okay?”

 

She’s clumsy, and that clumsiness tripled up by that bandaged hand of hers. She cannot even hold the frying pan steadily.

So different from Fany.

I stand up and walk behind her, grab the pan from behind and rest my chin on her shoulder; my other hand is on the counter. “I told you to just sit still”

“For the record, no you didn’t told me that”

“Sometimes I hate the fact that you have a good memory”

She leans back and heaves a sigh. Not sighing because she frustrated, no, but I can feel that it’s a content sigh she’s heaving.

“Okay, so what do you suggest?”

“Let’s have breakfast outside”

“Usual café?”

“Call” I hug her shortly, slip out, and prepare myself for the quick trip.

 

--

 

As soon as I finished change her bandage, we walked to the café that not too far from her apartment. Nice morning.

She held my arm and we walked like that for the rest of the journey.

A good, peaceful morning, indeed.

 

Now we’re sitting on our usual spot, with another of espresso for me and a fresh cappuccino for her. The breakfast contains French toasts for me and pancakes for her.

 

We don’t talk much. Maybe she felt the same way as me; we want to spend our peaceful morning without much of unpleasant feeling.

 

I’m glad she easily picks up things that I want to say. I still think that it’s so hard to express myself after all this years I live.

 

“Done?”

I see her nods and pick up her things with the unwounded hand.

“Let’s go back then”

 

--

 

She drags me by the collar to the living room and throws me carelessly on the sofa. I grunt. Luckily the sofa is soft.

“Taeyeon, it’s morning, and I really hate noisy morning. So, what the hell is wrong with your stupid head?”

She massages her temple in circular motion while her other hand rest comfortably on her waist. I clear my throat.

“Speak” she commands.

I clear my throat once again. Ermhem. “Sorry”

“I don’t usually speak trashy word, but, stop ing around and start ing explain, God. Damn. It”

“I just—“ I’m not going to back down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter