part 16

Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I pretend that it means nothing. After that kiss, I hurriedly pull out and sat on the sofa then opened my email application.

 

Jessica stared at me for a little while then went back to the forgotten document which lying on her mahogany desk.

 

“Have you had dinner?”

I look up and meet her gaze. “Nope” I said.

“I’ll accompany you”

“Kay”

 

I sat silently for a little over ten minutes, gazing at nothing, before she stands up and occupied the spot next to me. I put my hand around her shoulder and she leans her side to me. On her hand, the earlier document still there. I take a peek.

Uhh.. some kind of confusing stuffs.

Her brows knit together; look like in a deep thought. I really want to ask her what’s that stuffs talking about and why is it make her worry too much, but I don’t want to break her concentration. So I start to play with her strand of hair to kill my boredom. She had swiped all of her wavy hair to the right. She apparently has ed two of her white office shirt upper buttons, showing that little necklace she always wore to office. And that nicely shaped collarbones.

 

Then I realize, she wear the perfume I gave to her couple years back on her birthday. The soft, fresh smells really hook me up. I tried to smell it more; the scent has been disappearing as time goes by. I push my face towards her neck’s vein. Don’t think anything bad, it’s where people spray their perfume, okay? I’m not trying to be a ert. I’m innocent. Most of the time.

 

“That’s ticklish, Taengoo”

“Hm? What?”

“Stop rubbing your nose on my neck”

“Oh. Sorry. Hehe. You smell nice”

“Is that so?”

“Yea, especially when you wear my gift”

“You notice. Finally. After two years I’ve wore it”

I grin widely, “Sorry”

“Never mind. So.. hungry?”

“How about that document in your hand?”

“I’ll bring this home. A girl gotta fill her stomach before think too much”

“Don’t stress yourself” I frown. She’s going to do that, I can bet on my lunch.

“I’ll try, but can’t promise though. The deadline is really near. Like day after tomorrow”

“Then I’ll bug you all day to check on you for two full days”

“I can turn off my phone, Taeyeon. And ban you from my office. Don’t even try to think about that”

“Aww. But I worry.. about you” pout.

She grab the side of my face and stare deep into my eyes, “I know. But this is not a first time I overwork, Taeyeon. Beside it’s one of the unwritten job description as vice president. I can’t let others think that I’m not worthy to hold this position. They need an example, and that’s what I need to be”

“Okay..” I smile sadly, “Can I accompany you then? Like, now, sitting here silently watching you work”

“You can, but you have work and life too, Taengoo. Don’t abandon something important in your life for me. You.. you don’t responsible to..—to do it”

 

That’s the softer way to tell that I don’t have right to do something like that and meddle with her life. I know even though she looks like she’s okay with us being like this but deep inside she wants to know what we are right now. Sadly, I still do not have the exact answer, if everyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter