part 14

Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A hand, out of nowhere, grabs the cigarette I’m having and put the fire off in the ashtray on the head of the trash bin that stood near where I stand on the balcony.

“I told you to cut off the smoking”

“I’m cutting it off” I pull my packs out of my pocket shirt and show her the content. “See? Still have a lot left. This is just the second pack today”

“Okay then” She circle her hands around my shoulder and peck me on the cheek. “Hello”

“Hello to you too” I rest my right hand on the small of her back before pushing her towards me more. My left hand put the pack back to my jeans’ pocket.

“You smell disgusting”

“Why, thank you” she pushes me back and pinches her nose.

“I hate tobacco’s smell. And burning, smoky smell”

“Hm? Really?” I push my head forward and pulling her closer.

“No! Taeyeon! Stay away from me” her hand push my face away and I laugh happily. Such a cutie.

“I thought you miss me? With all that call asking me to pick you up to go for lunch”

“Your hands smell like smoke too. Ugh. And, no, I did not call you; it’s you who calls me”

“Okay, miss smarty pants, I call defeat”

“Let me go, you smelly person”

“How about a proper greetings first?”

“No. No way in the hell I’m going to kiss your smelly mouth”

“Come on, just a friendly peck”

“No!”

“Oh, playing rebel, hm?” I grab her waist with both hands and just pin her on the railing behind her.

“Taeyeon!”

“Hm?”

“Let. Me. Go”

“Just a greeting, Jessica”

“Ugh! No.”

“I ain’t letting go then”

“Taeyeon!”

“Hm?”

“.. Fine”

“That’s my best friend” she leans on me and gives a very short peck. I smile; feeling satisfied and let her go.

 

These couples of weeks were very light and great. Jessica and I agree to just act like before the talk happened. We agree to just take this easy. Well, with me kind of suggesting to just doing a light skinship like every normal friend having. And these past moments were just really blissful for me. I tried to not think too much about Tiffany and Seohyun. But I know I need to sort out my feeling, immediately. I discovered that I actually care this person beside me a lot than I thought.

I start to realize small things about her, and that’s refreshing.

 

I need to talk with her.

 

--

 

“Hello? Tiffany?”

“Hello?”

“It’s me. Am I disturbing you?”

“Oh, no, Taetae, you’re not. I’m kinda free right now”

“Then.. can I talk to you for awhile? As a friend?”

“Something’s wrong? Because you’re sound so serious”

“No, nothing’s wrong. But something is bugging me for quite awhile and I kinda need you and your opinion, because, you know, I feel that your opinion matters the most”

“Oh. Um. Okay then. Meet you at 12, is that okay?”

“Okay, I take half day off anyway. Will pick you up”

“No, Taeyeon—“

“Please, it will save the hassle”

“Sigh. Okay”

“Great”

 

--

 

 I park my car not too far from the main door of her office building. It’s not going to be long for her to show up.

As I wait, I check on my phone to reply text messages I got earlier.

 

                [Taengoo, I’m afraid I can’t have a dinner with you tonight. Work is killing me :( ]

 

She must be tired; it’s the start of the peak season of new projects this year. I’m afraid she will tire herself out. When she focused, she will give her all and start to not caring about herself. That vice-president.

 

[It’s okay. But you have to promise me to not forget to eat. Don’t be sick]

[Got it. Call you later when I finish this boring meeting.]

[Kay. Take care, Sic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter