Two Best Friends: Yuto (Nakajima Yuto)

JE SCENARIOS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yuto's ending~ Haha I might rewrite Keito's ending but only if I can find the time. Oh yeah, just to note: the end was somewhat inspired by one scene from Shark Season 2 (if you watch it).

----

It had been three days. Three days since your birthday. Three days since the Night of Confessions. Three days since you last talked to either of them.  Tossing and turning on your bed, you found yourself unmotivated to pull yourself out of bed. “Well, at least it’s summer vacation now. I could probably just stay at home all day if I wanted to,” you thought. That consoled you as you started to find the energy to begin your day. Wriggling your feet into a pair of slippers, you grabbed your phone off the bedside table where it had been charging and got off your bed.

Proceeding into the living room--kitchen, you placed your phone down on the dining table before going into the kitchen area to make some breakfast for yourself. After the food preparation was done, you sat down and began eating. Around two to three spoonfuls of food later, your phone started buzzing. You checked its screen. “Reminder: Tutoring Raiya at 2.30pm,” it read. You felt like slapping your forehead. You did promise that you would help tutor Yuto’s little brother over the summer and you almost forgot. Then, the feeling of dread started to settle in. Going to the Nakajima household would mean that you would have to face Yuto, something you were not prepared to do at the moment. You momentarily entertained the idea of cancelling with an excuse of a fever but quickly dropped it once you realized that you would only be able to cancel through Yuto since you neither had Raiya’s number nor their house’s telephone number. Sighing, you just hoped that Yuto would not be home that afternoon.

----

Having reached the front door of the Nakajimas, you pressed the doorbell, letting your finger linger a little longer than needed. You did not know who was going to answer the door. A few seconds later, the door swung open, getting you unnecessarily startled.

“Hey,” greeted Raiya.

“Hello,” you greeted back.

“Come in,” You nodded and took off your shoes.

The Nakajima house was huge. Once inside, you would see a spiral staircase that led to the bedrooms on the second level; a wide flatscreen television hung on the wall opposite and from there, couches formed a sort of crescent moon shape with a spacious coffee table in its middle. A few steps away from the living room area, there was a six-seater rectangular dining table. Behind the table was the kitchen counter, which was adjacent to the kitchen. 

“Can we start with chemistry?” Raiya asked as you took a seat at one end of the table, next to him. The arrangement made it so that you were facing the staircase while Raiya, on the other hand, faced the kitchen counter. His back was towards the couches that were to your right.

“Sure,” you said as he opened his textbook and took out some worksheets which you assumed were his homework.

----

“…And so when this bonds to this, the hydrogen comes out and bonds with the oxygen here to form water as a by-product,” Raiya nodded and started to try out some questions from his homework. You were letting your eyes wander around aimlessly when you saw Yuto coming down the staircase with a book in hand. You immediately cast your eyes downwards onto Raiya’s worksheet, pretending not to have seen him.  After a few moments later, Raiya asked for more help with his homework and you were grateful to have something to occupy yourself with.

After explaining the questions, you saw Yuto sitting on one of the couches out of the corner of your eye and felt his gaze on you. Your eyes met for a brief second before he hastily flit his back onto the book that lay open in his lap.  You too, quickly avert your eyes elsewhere, feeling slightly awkward. During the rest of session, you didn’t dare to let your gaze stray away from the table anymore.

At the end of the tutorin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter