Two Best Friends: Keito (Okamoto Keito)

JE SCENARIOS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a continuation of "Two Best Friends", or at least how I would imagine it if the reader ended up with Keito hahaha

----

You played with the silver necklace between your fingers as it glistened under the warm orange glow of the standing lamp beside the couch in your room. As you stared at it, you sighed.  Not too long ago, you had gotten a confession. Before that, you had always thought of confessions as supposedly sweet memories, ones you would look back on fondly, but who would have thought that experiencing one could be so nerve-wrecking?

You received not just one, but in fact, two confessions on your birthday. Most girls would think that that would be something worth bragging about, but you wouldn’t agree. How were you supposed to choose when both boys were friends with each other? Choosing one meant hurting the other and you knew that even after the confessions, your friendship could not ever be the same again. Breaking a relationship was just like breaking a glow stick- you could change your mind halfway and stop trying to break it, but there would be some glowing specks in the stick that you cannot un-break; it was just a temporary stopgap, not a total reset. It was exactly what you achieved by running off; it did not make the situation any better but at least it minimized the damage. But you knew you could not just keep avoiding the topic forever. You could not be hiding from those two either.

----

Your finger pressed against the backspace button on your phone’s screen till the tip turned white. A long apology sounded too formal. A short apology, on the other hand, sounded to half-hearted.

You groaned. Why was getting the message’s tone right so difficult?

 It was to the point that it was almost frustrating. You began typing again until a beeping cut you off.

 A message from Keito arrived.  Your palms started getting clammy. 

Was it going to be a message full of angry words? No, it couldn’t be; you knew him and he was too nice of a person for that. You cons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter