Part XXXIV

The SM freak

Was there ever in kpop a "couple" nicknamed "Music and Lyrics"? Lay cant remember, but he thinks that him and Chen should be called that. To make a song lyrics and music needs to coexist, but most important, for a song to live there must be inspiration and Chen is that to him: like the very reason music flows on him.

Its been a lovely journey of almost seven months already, months in wich they have solve all their problems and talk about all of their hopes, their fears, all that they left behind and all that they started to build. Will it be forever? Who knows, does it matters? Lay feels that this is not the same as to be "in love" with Joonmyeon, is not about the angst and the pain of an everyday possibility that dies, is the reallity. A reallity in wich Chen doesnt leave, in wich Chen says "I love you too", is no longer the constant wait to hear those words, words that wont, that didnt come. No, is not that.Is better, but is not dramatic anymore, theres no drama no insecurity, no suffering, theres the here and now.

Here now theres Chen waking up slowlly in his arms, moving sleepyly, making cute faces as his eyes refuse to open, as his body hides from the light. Yixing watches him, observes him, smells him. The next thing is to look for more warmth, Jongdae looks for the warmth of the crook of his neck, for the heat of his chest. In afew seconds he will speak, he will say something. "I dont wanna...", is what he says today. In other mornings he had said things like "Can we stay five more minutes?", or, "Dont go, stay with me". The answer starts always the same: Lay tracks his boyfriends forehead with the tip of his index, then goes down over the bridge of his nose and pokes the tip. "Theres work to be done Zhondae", is todays answer. In other times it had been, "Ok, only five more minutes", followed by a kiss over shut eyeleads; or "Cant stay today baby", and a tighter tuck on the bed.

Chen sighs on his chest and his eyes start to open, his brain starts functioning and he greets: "Good morning", he says with a pout that Lay kisses on the spot.

Is not much, the chinese singer thinks, is normal and yet...is exceptional. How Chen manages to make "normal" turn in "beautifull", "joyfull", "inspiring". "Stop looking at me like that", he accuses. "How?". "I dont know buts emberrasing". A knock on the door gives the finishing touches to their awakening.

"Please dont make me open the door", Yifan sounded mortified. "I already have enough with Luhan and Minseok", he pleaded. "We are up ge!", Lay answered in chinese. "Good".

As he approached the kitchen he smelt the breakfast and then saw a smile, bright as the sun outside: Zitao. "Good morning gege!!", the boy ran into his arms. "Hey kitty, good morning to you too", he said softly. "Im making breakfast". "I see", he patted his , Zitao giggled as always. He started to get the things to the table, just to help a little. He sat watching Tao making food. Its been seven months since that one time on the balcony, that one time when he almost begged his maknae to love him, to keep loving him. And this is why he feels like a traitor these days. Tao had given him so many chances, he does everyday when they wake up, when he kisses him secretly backstage, when he holds his hand on the van on the way back home. Yet is Yifan who cant give himself a chance, he cant let the other love him, he cant love Zitao back. His kisses, his hugs and his smiles are just full of gratefullness, not love, not a love like that and he feels like an . One more time, he is about to be the bad guy, he is about to break his heart again.

Chanyeol thinks that he is, if he has to be honest, he is happier with Baekhyun. Maybe because he is always there, they are together all the time, and yes it seems like Chanyeol is that kind of boyfriend: the one that needs his other half by his side at most times. He doesnt get tired, neither does Baekhyun. It feels like they are conected in a way that he never felt with Yifan. Is sad, sometimes he sees Yifan, that person who he use to know so much, who use to know so much about him. Theres this knowledge that he cant turn his back on. Like now, it hurts, because he knows Yifan is struggling and is because of him. To him its clear: even if he smiles and kisses someone else, nothing is honest, is an act. Chanyeol hates that it was him who made this person like this, that he broke him, got him lost and now he sees that he cant find his way back, not even with Zitaos love as his guide.

Luhan and Minseok also see it, Yifan is distant, he thinks to much and spends a lot of time on his mind, the only moments that he "comes back" is when Zitao is around. Is as if he doesnt have any energy anymore and he uses it all when Zitao comes along. But they are sure, somethings gonna break.

"Can we talk?", he asks Chanyeol. "Sure hyung".

"Can we talk?", he calls Luhan, Minseok and Lay. They support him, they all do, even Chanyeol. "Take your time", Yixing says even if he is afraid and feeling uncertain. "He will handle it", Luhan asures. "We will watch over him", Minseok speaks. "I know Im not gonna give what you need, but Ill do anything in my power to help you be happy again", Chanyeol states.

Zitao feels the air thicken, maybe is too early to get up. He lays back down, eyes very open. He searches for Yifan. "He said he had activities", Chen informs him. Yifan comes later.

"Can we talk?". Tao nods. "You know Im going home right?". "Yes". "The trip...I think is gonna be longer than expected. So...dont worry to much. Keep doing your things, dont think to much of me". "You sound like you are leaving for ever", he smiles nervously.

The day comes, everyone knows, Yifan deserves to go home, to see his family. Nothing is wrong, yet..."I think, I think some dreams could be better when they end", he says to Chen. "Sometimes reallity has more things to offer", his friend replies. "Will you be there when one of my good dreams end?". "Ill always be there", Jongdaes means it. "Thank you", he says.

Neither one of them talks about it, but is clear, whats coming is clear.