Part XXXV

The SM freak

Chen was afraid, or worried, something along those lines. Kris was leaving and even Lay wasnt sure about this move, if he had to be honest, he must admit that he thought that he wasnt going back, or at least  for a long time. Whatever he needed right? After all he had been really strong and brave, or at least he tried.

These days Yifan seems a little distant, maybe he was just being honest, honest with his feelings. Is just that sometimes you cant help to be sad, just like you cant help to fall in love. The M leader is sad, he needs to sit down and feel it to be able to let it go. Zitao had known for...ever? that he wasnt the solution to any of Yifans problems nor the reason to his happyness, he is way over feeling hopeless, still thats how he feels. He even feels a little apologetic: "Im sorry I cant be what you need". Many times he wondered what can he do to change, to be the one for Yifan. Till this day he doesnt know what to do.

Theres a feeling lingering, that the moments withYifan are about to end, that he wants to leave, leave for good. Lately he talks a lot with Chanyeol, he is after all, the one person he ever trusted the only one that knows him. After all that happend he is still comfortable opening only to him. It sadens Zitao because it means that he still cant see him like that and it feels like Yifan still doesnt think that he is worth it. And the M maknae still feels jealous even if he knows its useless.

"Do you think he wont comeback?...No wait, you do think that he wont comeback", Chen states. "I think that even considering it is difficult. Is not all about Chanyeol or Tao. I trust he knows that theres us too, that this is our projest as well. The dream that we all share. If he doesnt comeback, he will not only be hurting his exes", Jongdae looks down.

"Hey Taozi..", he whispers to his friend. "What are you doing here?". "Its nothing", he smiles sadly. "Yifan ge will leave, he doesnt like any of this anymore. I always knew it, ever since Chanyeol hyung happend, I knew that Yifan ge lost interest in anything, the band, the dream...Chanyeol was the dream and the only thing he ever loved about Exo". "Dont say that", but not even Chen believes his words.

Jongdae remembers hearing it once or twice, Lay had said that he had a mission coming to Korea, he had complaint about missing home, he had been very clear, actually all of them, the chinese, they will return to China the moment their contracts end. But thats not the case for Yifan right?

Its a friday night and Yifan is saying goodbye to the guys, the ones that are around: Lay, Luhan and Minseok. "Comeback ok?", is what Luhan asks for. "We will always have your back", Lay sais. "Tao...he...", Minseok tries. Theres a definitive feeling in the situation, like they all know that something has change in Yifan, something really personal that doesnt have anything to do with the band, the company or the carreer. They hug him before watching him walk to the living room where Chanyeol waits. He carries his bags, they try to camuflage their faces and they leave.

Tao sees them get into Chanyeols car, the one that nobody knows he has, the one that he keeps at home and only takes out for "especial ocassions". He feels like before, as if he wasnt Yifans real boyfriend. They had said their goodbyes in the morning because the younger wasnt suposse to return before Yifan left, but he did everything to finish earlier. And he is here following them in a cab. They go to Chanyeols house first, they stay there for a long time. "Wasnt Yifans plain leaving at this hour?". They emerged later, Yifans blond hair replace by a darker shorter style and it scares Tao because Yifan doesnt want to be Kris anymore, Chanyeol knows and seems to suport that. They start to drive to the airport, the cab is reaching a very heavy pay roll now, Zitao doesnt care. The three of them enter the airport, is an odd time so not so many people is here. 

In the blink of an eye Zitao looses them, he panics. He starts to look around like a father that lost his sons. They are in another floor, below him, thats when the flight is called and they hug goodbye, for a long time, tight, meaningfully. "Its always been Chanyeol, isnt he?".  There are tears in Zitaos eyes and he hates himself for acting like a child in the face of things that he has always known. Chanyeol passes the back of his hand over is eyes and Yifan smiles at him, sadly, he tells him to not cry and the korean waves a hand at him: "Im not".

It happens by a miracle,by destiny or chance or even bad luck. When Yifan gives his ticket to the airway employe he looks around and he sees him up there, behind a glass. He waves sadly at him and smiles at him anyway, Yifan is petrified so much that Chanyeol looks up as well and he sees him too, but the chinese maknae is not looking at him, instead he turns his look back at Yifan and, because he can only be honest with himself, he looks at his chinese boyfriend and mutters: "Ill wait". Kris cant answer anything and just smiles sadly at him again, recieves his boarding pass and gets lost in the way to the terminal.

Chanyeol doesnt find Zitao to drive him back home. Zitao gets home very late at night, is Jongdae who was waiting for him in the living room. He wishes he could tell him something usefull, something like the things that he has told him, help him, save him. His friend doesnt deserve this and yet all he can do is hug him, like a mother whos son came from a very long trip. Maybe that is it, maybe Zitaos trip ended tonight and maybe he just needs to get home, just like Yifan did.
 

---------------

So the end of my first fic ever. I freaked out at the midle of it because I always knew that this was gonna be the end....so when Yifan actually left I kind of felt like the SM after the drama version of "Wolf" (lol). Anyway thank you for reading it. And thank  you Damien Rice for inspiring me hahahaha.

Now lets move on to new thing yes? ;)