Part XVIII

The SM freak

Its so hard to see him like this. When they first met they couldnt talk to much because of the language barrier and because, honestly, he couldnt care less for Tao. But now...God.He find out that he was a very sweet and sensitive kid and thats why he was always hidding behind Yifan or Minseok (if that was possible). He was the last to enter the room, he felt like even Kai had a better relationship with Tao than him. So now he was here, seen that kid plugged to all the machines and wires coming from and going to him. And he just knew that if he was awake he would be scare to death.

He couldnt help it, he cried and got closer to him, and hold his hand. He remembered all of those times when he saw him being bullied by the other trinees. "He is a criminal that scaped China"; "He is a psycho", "He is ugly", "He is a freak". He cried some more remembering that he didnt do anything those times, even Kai was pretty rude with him at the beggining and he didnt do anything about it either...

He turned his head around and saw Yifan sleeping in the small chair, his eyelids were shaking. "If you wake up I will take care of you better. I promise. I will protect you and you wont have to keep secrets from everyone....because *sniff* I know...how you feel...*sniff*...I know how it is to not be able to say those three words and just pass a water bottle, or a towel to dry the sweat or *sniff*...I know how it is to have to hold back fron hugging someone because...*sniff*...When you wake up we are gonna talk about all kinds of things and I promise...". "Kyungsoo?". "Oh hyung, sorry I woke you...I came to say hello, didnt know you were here". "Its ok. Are you ok?", he nodded and whiped his tears.

"Ehm.. his father arrived and he wants to come in". "Ok", Yifan stood up and walked to Zitao. "Your dad is here, ok? I will go now and he will come in. You are only gonna be alone for a minute so dont be scare yes? Your baba is here so why dont you come to greet him", he caressed his forehead. The sweetness of his words made Kyungsoo tear up. "Ill be back ok, dont swim away, please", he whispered and kissed his forehead. "Lets go", he streched his hand for Kyungsoo to take and they left.

Its been a month already and they have been asked to go back into promotions and stuff, but they didnt want to. But then Joonmyun, Minseok and Yifan asked them (or told them) that they had to go back to practice at least, and clases for the members who needed to improve. They didnt want to do it either, but they didnt have a choice anymore so...

"You dont give a damn about him, do you?", everybody knew who Jongdae was talking to. "Jongdae", Joonmyun warned. "Its true. Im sure you were: 'Sure Ill tell them'. Why? Because you dont give a damn about him". "Shut up. He cares", Chanyeol deffended. Yifan never answered. "Whos talking to you¨?". "Chenchen, please lets go", Yixing tried. "Zitao worked really hard for his dream. He was working before we met and I dont really think he would like us to let everything go", he explained to his boyfriend but all of them were listening. "From now on we will do everything fo Tao". "Yes! Zitao fighting!", Luhan said.

"Yifan", he was walking really fast and not answering. "Yifan?", he was almost reaching him. "Yifan!", Chanyeol finally cought him from his shoulder. "What?!", the korean was surprised by the chinese tears. "What do you want from me?!". Chanyeol was frozed on the spot. "I just wanted to say that I know that you care". "No, he is right". "No, you were trying to protect me, I should tell them...". "No! He is right!". "He is not!", Chanyeol was grabbed really hard by the shoulders. "NO!! He loved me!". "He LOVES you". "And I called him crazy and I insulted him", he was shaking his ex boyfriend now and spiting in his face, a mix of saliva and tears. "And do you know what he did?!! He didnt defend himself, he didnt talked back!!! I was afraid of him!! And he knew...he didnt say anything..and he, he saved my life instead!!", his eyes were poping out of his head, face red. "He saved me!! It should have been me in the hospital! Me in that bed!!", he fell to the floor in Chanyeols arms, who was now crying with him. "Dont say those things", he whispered. "I dont deserve him, I dont deserve you", he cry some more. "I should die".

"Beef hyung. Hyung? Baekki hyung...gegeeeee...", he whine. The other moved a little in his sleep. "What?", he answered with closed eyes. "Wake up!! Wakie!!". "What? Tao? You are here! You are here. You are here?Oh my God", he hugged him and Tao smiled like a little kid. "Wait! How did you get here? Does the others know that you are here? Do your parents know? I have to tell everyone", he left his bed and was about to go out of the room but was stoped by Tao. "Wait. You have to promise me something before you go". "What?!". "Please...", he pouted. "Ok what is it?". "Promise me that youll remember". "Ah? What are you talking about?". "Just promise me", he pouted again. "Yes, right I promise. Can I go now?". "Yes you can".

Baekhyun woke up to the sound of the house phone ringing. He jolted out of bed because it was really late and he was scared. As he aproched the living room, he heard the manager noona on the phone, she had tears in her eyes. Baekhyun imagined the worst. "What happend?". By then Jongdae was already wating for her to hung up the phone. "He is awake", she said crying of happiness. Chen screamed and went to hug her and Baekhyun. The noises woke everyone up.

They were so excited and wanted to go to the hospital together. The first van went with Jongdae, Baekhyun, Yixing, Luhan and Minseok. "Stop running they're gonna make us leave". "Come on hyung hurry up!". "Stop running!". "No time huyng", Baekhyun told Yixing as he passed him to join Jongdae ahead.

When they enter the waiting room the experssion on Zitaos mother wasnt the one that they spected. "What happend?" Jongdae asked in chinese. She came forward and hold the both of them by their hands. She lead them to the familiar room.

And there he was, machines still attached to him, but he was awake and holding the panda plush that Joonmyun brought for him the other day. He looked at them and smiled. They smiled back and were about to run and hold him but were stoped by his words.

"What did he say?", Baekhyun asked Jongdae because Tao just spoke in chinese. Jongdae was frozen: "He just asked who are we".