Part XXIV

The SM freak

He woke up to a killer sun and loud noices coming from everywhere. He was alone in his room, he could hear everyones voices. He didnt like it. He sighed deeply and shut his eyes. He rolled over on the bed and smelled the a familliar sent, Jongdaes. He remembers. He remembers where this pain comes from, why he drank, why he was with Joonmyun, why he is been...avoiding Jongdae. Yes, avoiding. Is just that...maybe...maaaayyybee...he started to think that this whole "im in love with Jongdae" thing is not..is not reaaallly...love? Ok, no, yes he does love him, but this relationship thing, that is rush, that was rush and is rush and he feels guilty because he knows for sure that Jongdae loves, LOVES, him and he was drinking his confusion away. And Joonmyun? Well he is his best friend so that.

He gets up and tries to do everything in the dark, dressing, and waking up. He has to tell this things to Jongdae, tell him that he might be needing some time off...of this relationship...he doesnt want to make the other guy feel like he used him, because thats not him.

When he sees him entering the kitchen he can already tell that something is not right, that or maybe Yixing feels ashamed of himself for coming home drunk. He smiles at him anyway as if telling that he is not mad at him, because, really he is not. He doesnt know that his smile is kind of ripping the other boys heart apart. He goes to him, he hugs him. "Good morning crazy thing". He kisses the others forehead, but when Yixing gently pushes him away, he knows. He looks at him with questioning eyes and pouts cutely. "You are a grumpy baby today", he tries to not pay attention to his mood, he must be hangovered, right?

"Can we talk?", Yixing sais in the afternoon, in chinese. Everyone knows that that doesnt sound good in any language. Chen just nods and follows him to the balcony. "Theres something that Ive been meaning to tell you for...some time now", he pauses. For some reason Jongdaes eyes get distracted with the glass door that shows the reflexion of Joonmyuns. Joonmyun. "What is it?", he smiles but doesnt know why. "Its just...I think that you and I...we...", he is struggling with the words and Chen doesnt know if it is because of the language or no. "You want to break up?", he askes out of the blue and Lay almost jumps because, well, thats a surprise. "Nn..I..need time", he confeses. "Time?". "Yes. Look is not that I dont love you...is  just...". Chen imagined this before, he can almost finish the others sentences in his mind: "I dont love you like that". "I think that we...that I rushed things. Before, I never saw you like this, never thought of you this way and...". "I still dont?". "I dont know what Im feeling now", he puts his head down. Chen doesnt know what to say, he really doesnt want to be Tao, he doesnt want to have to wake up every day and remember that he already lost Lay, he doesnt want to see him happy, happier away from him. "Its ok...I...was thinking the same", he doesnt know why he lied, maybe because he wants to keep his pride intact, maybe because he loves Yixing and doenst want to make him feel worst. "Its true that we started like...yeah fast. And there wasnt any process before, one day you were my friend and the other you were in my bed, no greys inbetween. Maybe we should know each other in another way". Yixing is smiling, Jongdae is crying (but on the inside). Lay hugs him, tight. "Thank you", he sais to his neck. He hugs back and turns his head, Lay moves his away. "Please?", Chen asks. And his wish is granted. He doesnt think that he is a big kisser, but for this one he will be, he puts his heart in it. "Dont forget me".

The days goes by and he sticks to Tao. They go together everywhere and talk about everything. The younger tells him everything about him and Yifan, about the pictures and the videos and the things that Yifan told him and how he feels about him. Maybe is the first time that he tell everything to someone in this group, he feels better. And Jongdae confindes in him, that also makes him feel good. "So do you think you are friends now?". "I dont think thats honest. Im not his friend". "What are you gonna do?". "Give him some space? I dont know, maybe he still loves Joonmyun". "Bull, he never loved Joonmyun, he loved the idea of Joonmyun, I think he always knew that that wasnt gonna happen". "Well, ok, maybe, but that still doesnt mean that he loves me and I really think he doesnt". "Bull to that too. Well maybe you were a little to intense on the boyfriend thing". "I was?". "I dont know, I thought you were cute...like he had you around his finger, maybe he didnt like that feelling?". "Is he even normal?". "Hahaha, maybe he thought it was to much responsability?". "I dont know". "Oh! I know!!". "You know? what?". "Remember that you told him that everything was too fast and that you went from friend to lover and stuff?". "Yeah". "You also said that you guys should know each other in another way, right?". "Yeah so? It was all lies and bull". "No. I mean, what did you mean by that? That there wasnt a courtship, flirting, something like that?". "Yeah, maybe". "Well do that!". "Do what?". "Court him?". "He doesnt want me to". "How do you know? If you never try...". "Oh Zitao, you are crazy did you know?". "Ive been told", he smiles. "But really, if you love him...". "Fight for your love". "Yes. What Im thinking is that you went from never voice your feelings to show them all at once, tone it down. Go compliment him, like in public. Maybe he like those things". "I dont know panda, I feel like Im always doing something for him and he...well not".

Good God wasnt Zitao a mad man? So here is Jongdae, in the dance practice room, watching Yixing dance and showing some steps to Minseok. It comes out naturally and with a sincere smile. "Wow gege you are so good!!", he fanboys. Minseok rolls his eyes and Yixing sais a small thank you. Chen like the efect that he caused so he makes a note to continue this. Also, why is Zitao always right?

The weeks start to run and run and he doesnt try to be sutle and he is not. "Do you need help with that?", he goes to Lay to help him with his lugage. Yixing doesnt know, or rather doesnt want to know (because he is stupid), why he feels like a princess everytime Chen acts like that towards him and man Jongdae is acting like that a lot. "Oh, I love your necklace", he tells him on a photoshoot. "Here take this", he sais at a filming when the set got really cold and he offered his jacket to him. "Gege do you want me to buy you something?", he asks after a long practice day. He feel kind of helpless and give in to him everytime, but thats not the most strange thing that is happening to him. When he sees him with Zitao, thats the wierdest. They are very close now, very, really, like glued, close. They share secrets all the time, they go everywhere together, they sit together in the van, they sleep together in hotels...and Yixing have to remind himself that it was him who let Jongdae go, so he doesnt have the right to be...well, maybe, jealous, but, hot dang, he is. And theres no reason to be, like Zitao is Yifans (even if the M leader doesnt want him), and Yixing knows this first hand. How ever all of his doubts blow away when... "So, I was thinking...the other day Taozi and I went bicking and I saw this little food stand, is really small, but kind of secret and well, I thought that we could go there...mmm...do you want to?", and the "yes" comes out of his mouth like bullet and he realizes now, that he is been kind of waiting for this.

When they finally go, it feels refreshing? Is not like when they were boyfriends, is more like...its hard to explain but is better. They talked a lot and Lay feels like he is actually knowing someone new, a new Jongdae and he likes it too. Contrary to the previous eager Chen, this Chen actually listens and talks, and Yixing likes this, he doesnt feel pressed or anything. He needed this Jongdae.

And if you all believe that they came back right away, well no. This things have to be done well. This is, to Jongdae, one last chance, so he wont screw up. And if Yixing needs time so that he will have it, but probably not for to long.