Part XXXII

The SM freak

Zitao was in balcony thinking of how could his own "Minki" look like, how would he behave if someone (who wasnt a crazy fan) came to him to declare his honest love...for him. For so long his mind had been on Yifan, what he does, what he feels, what he doesnt, what a good boyfriend he is (because he really was a good boyfriend to Chanyeol, but maybe someone should ask him that), anyway he was just there while a string of rap rimes came through his mind, when the sliding door of the balcony got open revieling a rednosed Yifan. "Hey...ccan I be here too?", he sounded like a scolded child. "Sure. Are you ok?", the leader nodded and whiped his nose with his hand. Gross.They kept the silence for a moment just watching the park behind the dorms...Tao really didnt know what to say, he didnt want to say anything really, he also didnt know what the hell was Yifan doing here. "Can I be honest?", suddenly the gege asked, Tao nodded. "Do you love me?". Stop the presses. Zitaos eyes were as big as the sun that he watching settle down. It was obvious, he showed that already, but he never said the words, or maybe he did but not in the right contexts, not like this, not quietly talking on the balcony. "I do...but...". "But?", it sounded a little desperate. "You dont and so I dont want to love you anymore...it hurts". Then suddenly Yifan turned his whole body around and held his hand. "Please...can you...I know Im asking to much of you, but please can you try...just one more time...tto not give up on me?", his eyes watered and also Zitaos who let go of the hands. "Please dont do this...please. You are hurt now and...and you feel alone...oor something...ii..it doenst mean that I can do anything about it. It doesnt mean that you love me...please dont break me again", he sobbed and tried to stand up."No! No dont go, please just hear me out...Yes Im hurt and yes I feel alone and is like my world just exploded...but then I see you and all you did for me, and I think I should be strong for you, I think I should be who you want me to be, who you need me to be, because if not Im gonna end up like Yixing, loosing the most important person I could ever have...and I dont want that...I need to heal, is true, but I know that after that I wanna be with you and try...try your way", he looked at him with hopefull eyes, but Zitao remind unmoving."You can...think about it fi you want...", he whispered and finally let him go.

Tao went inside the house, much like rushed inside. What was that? Was it real? Was his brain not functioning again? Did Yifan just say... did he just...Why the hell was he leaving? Yifan was in the oposite direction. He violently turned around, practically charging at the balcony door, that was when Minseok called his name. It was a split of a second, he almost turned his head around, he almost heard the "Watch out!", but it was to late, he slamed his head against the glass door. What the...he couldnt see, the pain in his nose and his head made him feel dizzy. Minseok aproached and cought him from the back as Yifan entered from the balcony to help. "Ok, ok, sit down...Ill get some ice", Minseok left the living room. "What happend?", Yifan asked. "I didnt..I didnt see the *snif snif* wuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! it hurts gege!!!". "I konw, I know...calm down, can you breath?". *sniff sniff nod nod*. "Ok, Im here, Im here", Minseok made him turned his face and gently apply the ice. "NO!! It hurts there!!". "I know, just bare a little". "Its too cold", he stomped his feet like a little child. "Stay still Taozi, is just for a moment", Yifan told him but he knew the other was hurting just by feeling the grip that the boy had on his arm.

"Oh my God did you fight?!", came the screaming voice of Exo Ms main vocalist. "No, he ran into the window door...thing", Minseok answered. "What?! Who fought?" the manager noonas voice came into picture later. "Nobody fought, he ran into the glass door", Yifan said. "Oh geeeshh, the last thing my day needed", she said as she sat down by Zitao to inspect him. "...right we have to go the hospital now, you cant hit your head".

Long strory short, Tao and the manager came back in the morning looking pretty funny with a bump in the middle of his forehead and a swollen nose. He was bringing y back but nobody understood, instead they laughed at him and then the usuall, they babied him...more.He liked this for a number of reasons: one, Joonmyeon was all over him and he liked it; two Jongdae was all over him and he was missing him so he liked this; three Luhan sang for him to take a nap wich reminded him of trainee days so he liked this too. AAAnd lastly, he doesnt have to go and face Yifan, yesterday he was brave, today he was not, but he knew that he could only pretend for so long.

"Are you feeling better?", Yifan asked as he entered his room. "Yes", Yifan sat in the bed beside him. "Sooo...when you had this accident...were going back to the balcony?". Welll...dah? Tao noded. "What for?". "I wanted to know what does it mean that you have to heal? How are you gonna do that? What if you heal and then you realise that you dont need me? What am I gonna do then? I dont wanna be like Chen ge, who gave his whole heart to someone who never apprediated it...Yixing ge needed to heal too but in that process he broke Chen heart with his own hands, I cant let you do that". "I understand", Yifan whispered. "But...", Zitao voiced."Maybe I hit my head really hard because, anyway, I want to...try too", his whole face became red. "You do?", Tao couldnt see but he heard a smile in Yifans voice. "Can I ask you something though?". "Sure". "Dont...try not to...break my heart again, please. Because I dont think I can handle it and I will punch you really hard". Yifan smiled. "Fair enough. If I break your heart again you can punch me. But what will happend if you break mine?". "You take it like a man".