Part XX

The SM freak

So what is reality. Thats what Yifan was wondering. In Zitaos reality he wasnt an idol, he never came to Korea, he never met with the rest of the band and Yifan was his boyfriend. In that reality there was one right thing: Zitao loved him.

In Yifans reality there was a very sick Zitao. There was a person that he loves (maybe), Chanyeol. This person has always been the ONE for Yifan. His best friend, the most talented, the one who had more in common with him, just, THE ONE. But reality also tells him that Chanyeol might not be feeling the same right now, but it also tells him that he left Baekhyun, for him? He doesnt know.

Reality says that they are not back together. Chanyeol didnt say anything about going back nor he told him that he still loves him or something.

Yifans reality is very confussing...well not exactly.

Reality tells him that Baekhyun looks like zombie, walks like a zombie, sings like a hurt wolf and acts like a drunk guy (ever since Chanyeol broke up with him...or maybe because he is worry about Tao). Also he can see the longing looks that Chanyeol throws at Baekhyun whenever he thinks no one is watching. So what is going on here?

Over the days Zitao, and his therapist, come to the conclusion that most of the things Zitao thinks, remembers or feels, are product of a beating up brain. He convince himself that this is some kind of "brain love", not real love from the soul. This love that he feels for Yifan is not real. The urge to go jump on his arms everytime the other walks in, is not real. The dreamed kisses that he dreams, were not real. The sensation, that memory of Yifan carresing his hand is not real. That park that he remembers as theirs, is not theirs. Zitaos reallity tells him that anything is real.

To Jongdae all of this is an oportunity and he wants to tell Yifan that nobody sould ever tell Tao that he was in love with Yifan, because this is a chance to make the young chinese happy. This is Chens moment to be the hyung, the gege, the savor; to do all the things he coulndt do for Tao before, to end the pain.

So everytime Tao would ask: "Nothing ever happend between us?". "I never went out anywhere with him?". The answer was: "No. No and no".

It was the first day, a sunday, that Zitao was going to spend at the dorms. He was back. His parents were in a hotel in Seoul just in case he didnt feel well. But he was well.

Yifan could hear him from his room. He was laughing out side. He could hear other people with him: Baekhyun, the manager, Minseok and more. He stood up from his bed and walked towards the voices. There they were playing with a hose, Jongin and Luhan were running away from Zitao, who had the hose. He sat on the door step to watch the "children".

Finally Sehun cought Tao and Jongin took the hose from him. They soaked him as the manager kept telling them to be carefull. Baekhyun and Minseok tackled Kai down and the oldest took the hose. Zitao was still screaming like a little girl. "My shirt is green now!!", he said in broken korean. They all laughed at him. He pouted and puffed his cheeks. He was dripping water from his hair and he was panting. The sun was behind him.

Yifan was facing the sun so he had to put a hand over his eyes to see the scene. Just as he could focus, Zitao looked down at him, childlike smile on his lips. Their eyes met. The younger smiled sweetly at him, like the good boy that he was. Like the Zitao from the other reality, not the Zitao that creeped Yifan out, the one before that.

It was a moment. Just a second, like an image on the news flash: fast, iconic, beautifull, revealing. And he finally dare to ask himself the question: why didnt he love Zitao back?

____________________

IS SHORT SORRY :(