Part XI

The SM freak

He lost count of how many times he asked this, he still tries. "Why you dont believe me? I really dont know", he said pouting. "C'mon Taozi you can trust me". "I know gege. But I dont know what did to him. I tell you: he just hates me". "You never asked him?".

At dinner they were really silent, it has been like this ver since the incident, no, maybe before that too. Joonmyun was sick of this. Everyone was eating with tension, it was wrong. And then Tao spoke. "So, what did I ever do to you", he looked at Yifan in his eyes, bravelly. All ten eyes on them: Luhan was ready to jump on Yifan's throught, Minseok was clunching onto Luhan's shirt, Jongdae sniked half his arm behind Lay's back. Baekhyun looked at his (ex) best friend with sad eyes, he didnt undestand either. The logic indicated that Kris was supposed to act like that towards him or Chanyeol, but Zitao?

"You should reflect more abour your actions", he finally answered. "Actions like what?", Luhan sounded as pissed as he looked. "Come with me", he said to Zitao and signal for them to go outside the dorm. "Where are you taking him?", Lay's voice wasnt gentle anymore. "Is obvious that we need to talk alone", he stated. "Let them be", Suho asked. They left.

They didnt go very far, just a couple of steps away from the dorm's door. Yifan didnt talked about it by its name, he just talked thinking that Zitao would understand. Truly he didnt know how to call it, so he just turned to face his little brother: "You need help. You have to...get help. I can talk to Luhan or Joonmyun if you want...but you cant keep up with this, because..its wrong. You have to get help and stay away from me. What you are feeling is not real".

Zitao frozed again, he didnt say anything back. He wanted to ask, how did he find out, what did he found, why was he calling him crazy, why was this wrong? He looked up at Yifan, eyes full of those questions. Kris's eyes were specting something. It took a moment for Tao to realized what was that Yifan wanted to hear. "Ok", he said and move to go back inside.

He steped inside and Luhan ran to him as if to see if Kris hurted him or something. He said he was ok, that everything was ok. And things kind of went back to the way they were. It was Baekhyun who noticed that something wasnt thaaat ok. Tao apologized to him the first, told him that he still loved him and that they still were best friends. He also apologized to Chanyeol but not even he knew why. He promised Suho that he was gonna behave better and made a monologue for Luhan and Monseok about how the things with Kris were fine, better...whatever.

However, Baekhyun noticed that it was now Tao who didnt want to be close to Kris, if Kris was in the kitchen alone, Tao would wait until he left or until someone else walked in, to get what he needed. In the practice room he made an extra effort to be in the other side of the room bussy with something else, anything. He commented this to Chanyeol and he added his bit of information: so Yifan rather talk to him in the recording room than to Zitao. "I dont know what is going on but I claerly remember that before we broke up he told me sort of like a joke, I didnt take seriouly, but he said something like: 'Lets give Tao some time on his own'. Back then I thought that Tao was going thru something personal, but now I think he meant to stay away from him". "Why?". "I never asked".

"They keep putting up a mask, you know it. You should do something", Yixing demanded. "Like what? Getting them in a room and make them do what? They already talked". "Right. None of us believe that". "I know but I feel...dont you feel it too?". "What?". "That if I keep asking Im gonna find something...else...more than friend fight". "What do you mean?". "I mean that we've been...all over Zitao, but what if Yifan is right? Right on been angry".

"Gege?". "Yes?". "How much do you love Minseok hyung?". "HHahahaha. What kind of question is that? I dont know, a lot?". "Ever since you first met him?". "Yeah, you know. Is my baby panda in love?", Luhan chuckled, Zitao smiled.

"Hyung?". "What is it". "Did you ever wonder if loving Yixing ge was wrong?". "Well, duh...at first, I did. Why?". "Did you ver thought that your love could hurt him?". "Hurt him? No, I just figured that if he didnt like me back it was gonna be really awkward, hahaha". Jongdae looked at Tao, he was thinking hard. "Is everything alright there in Zitaoland?". "Hahaha, Im fine ge".

"God the amount of time that you spend on the computer is really...not normal". "Shut up, you play all day". "Yes, I do play. What do YOU do?". Zitao dismised Jongin. "He is right, do you want to go shopping, I have some time now". "I have to write to my mom". These days he was all day in the computer, late hours at night. He seems to be writing all the time. Suho was worried that he entered a forum or something. But there was no power on this earth that could make him get away from the damn thing. He took it everywhere, the managers scolded him more than onece already, he wouldnt listen.

One day they were outside a tv studio, it was late Luhan and Jongdae were goofing around running and pushing and what not, Baekhyun too. Tao had his laptop between his arms, holding it tight. Chanyeol joined the mess while the managers smiled at them. Everyone saw that the van was coming closer so they lined up, but Lay pushed Luhan off of Jongdae just in time to push Tao and the computer started to fly, it landed in in the parking spot, Zitao lunched at it but the manager hold him back. It was too late, the van ran over it.

The face of the M maknea contorted in a painful way. He let go of the manager and went for the laptop. It was almost cut in two. Luhan try to apologise. Zitao took it as if it was the lifeless body of his own child. The managers scolded Luhan and the others and made them get in the van. After that night, if someone thought that Zitao was a little peculiar, well now they were gonna have to find a new word to describe him.