Omma..

Cho Kyuhyun turned my world upside down

Dear Mom - SNSD


Kyuhyun as a good fiancé keeps his promise to himself to be a soon-to-be responsible husband for you. During the preparation week of the wedding, he’s been beside you and helping you out on everything. He’s fetching you every morning, keeping you warm due to the unforgiving weather and keeps you happy and stress-free.  

 

You’ve never felt this happy before since the day you were born. You didn’t even fantasized getting married to a famous person like he is. And this wedding preparation, he gave you the real side of him. You can tell by his actions that he’s sincere and always there for you. You can see him fall asleep inside the car, yawn in front of you and proclaim to everybody that he’s getting married to you.

 

It was a bright sunny Saturday when your phone rang.

 

“yoboseyo?” you answered when an unknown number called you.

 

“_____-ssi? This is Hyuna. Still remember me?” the other line spoke.

 

With the speed of light, you immediately woke up with the voice of Kim Hyuna or should I say Jang Hyuna.

 

“MRS. JANG!!!!” You squealed over and that made Hyuna giggle for a moment.

 

“I heard that your wedding is already coming. I just wanted you to know that me and Hyunseung are planning to attend your wedding. Is it ok?” Hyuna asked.

 

“Of course! You should come. If you guys didn’t come I’ll beat the two of you.” You replied laughing. “and I want to take this moment to say sorry to the both of you.” You added lowing down your tone of voice.

 

“eh?! Wae?” Hyuna asked.

 

“During your wedding day.. well you see… I didn’t have the chance to congratulate the both of you so… I’m so sorry.” You replied feeling nothing but sorry about that incident.

 

Hyuna laughed on the other line. “really ____-ssi. That’s not a big deal. Of course we understand. Since your fiancé wants to talk to you. We didn’t interfere at all. You and your fiancé’s presence is what we really want.” Hyuna explained.

 

“Really? Waaah!! Thank you Mrs. Jang!” you replied happily.

 

So the both of you talked for a while. Hyuna told you that she’s pregnant and they will have a baby girl soon. You congratulated her again and both of you continued to talk.

 

It was an hour of talking and you realized that you should visit your in-laws today. “Hyuna-ssi, I need to call you again ok? I forgot that I will visit my in-laws today.” You said and Hyuna understood. Both of you hang up and you immediately prepared on visiting your in-laws.

 

You packed some home-made snacks that you, yourself prepared. After that, you called Kyuhyun to be informed that you’re going to pay them a visit.

 

You went out and the sun is shining like a big round gold thing shining down. You smiled at the beautiful sunlight you are receiving. You went to the bus stop and rode the right bus.

 

It has been a week of preparation and the day of your wedding is already approaching. You couldn’t help but smile about the date of your wedding. You prayed to God that when the day comes, there will be no more problems to come. Suddenly, the image of your dad came across your mind. The smile on your face faded once the smile of your father was presented in your memory.

 

“I will be happy if you’re here with me on that special day.” You said to yourself. Trying not to cry, you tried to listen to some music.

 

After some time, you finally arrived. You needed to walk again to get to the Cho residence. You informed Ahra unnie that you’re going to visit. When you’re finally in front of their house, you pressed the door bell and waited for a few minutes.

 

Finally, the gate swung open and a smiling Mrs. Cho welcome you open arms. “welcome dear.” She said and hugged you tightly. The warmth of the hug made you smile and made you think how lucky Kyuhyun is.

 

“Come in.” she said and helped you to carry the food you’re bringing. “You should’ve contacted me instead of calling Ahra.” She said smiling at you.

 

You gave her a sweet smile. “I want to surprise you but I guess Ahra unnie told you about my surprise visit.” You replied.

 

Both of you are now inside the house. You sat at the sofa and made yourself at home while Kyuhyun’s mom unpacked the snacks you brought.

 

“omo! You cooked all of this?” Kyuhyun’s mom asked. You went to the kitchen and helped her unpack the snacks you brought.

 

“ne. I hope you like it.” You replied smiling.

 

Kyuhyun’s mom tasted some of the snacks you cooked and to her shock, it tasted incredibly delicious.

 

“You cook really well!” Kyuhyun’s mom exclaimed and the she laugh. “Maybe this is the reason why Kyuhyun never came home to eat home-made food. Because there is already someone who’s better than me.” She joked.

 

“Aniyo. He’s always telling me that he already miss the food that you always cook whenever he’s going home. But since they’re getting busier than ever, he didn’t have the chance to go home.” You explained.

 

Both of you chatted while eating the snacks that you cooked. You informed Kyuhyun’s mom about the wedding preparation and she felt sorry because she didn’t have the chance to help you since she became busy in the coffee shop.

 

Kyuhyun’s mom is telling you stories about what kind of son Kyuhyun is. She also shared the accident that merely made him disappear and that made your heart tear in billion pieces since you heard about that news too. The things that Kyuhyun always do when he’s at home and before he became part of Super Junior.

 

You also shared your life. How your story went and the thing about your father. Since she’s going to be your second mother, you didn’t hide anything to her anymore.

 

“I never thought that the story of your life is like that. I always see you smiling and all but behind that beautiful smile of yours is sorrow.” Kyuhyun’s mom said and she felt sorry for your life. You smiled at her words as you tried not to cry in front of her. But suddenly, she hugged you tightly and the hug is like a hug from a real mother. A hug that you yearn for since the day your mother passed away.

 

“Don’t worry. From now on, I will be your mother and I will take care of you. I will fill up those spaces on your heart.” Kyuhyun’s mom said while hugging you. In an instant, your eyes couldn’t help it anymore. Tears flowed on your porcelain skin and you hugged her back.

 

“Thank you auntie.” You replied back.

 

“Omma. From now on, you are going to call me omma. Ok?” Kyuhyun’s mom corrected and you smiled and nodded.

 

“Thanks omma.” You said and you finally felt the love of a mom. You finally found someone who can fill those spaces that should be filled by your real mom. But since Kyuhyun’s mom recognized you as her child, you felt thankful and happy now.

 

Good things are now on your way… “Thank you for these good things.” You said to yourself.